997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Gateway 500 - Complete Installation Guide -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:26 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Yes you can pull up and album list and a list by artist. The draw back or feature is if you pick AC/DC then it will play all the AC/DC. You can't pick AC/DC then pick Back In Black.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:50 PM
infantrytroop22 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by function12
Yes you can pull up and album list and a list by artist. The draw back or feature is if you pick AC/DC then it will play all the AC/DC. You can't pick AC/DC then pick Back In Black.
So you can't browse albums by a certain artist by selecting that artist? That seems inconvenient...

Old 05-12-2011, 02:04 PM
ShaunFrog is infamous around these parts
I just used all the information here to successfully install a Gateway 500 in my Boxster - thanks to all who contributed!! I'm not particularly handy either and I managed everything in around an hour - without breaking a anything. If you're thinking of doing the install yourself, don't hesitate any longer - it's really nit that hard.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:03 PM
cbrrider is infamous around these parts
Warning icon next the cd changer.

Hi all,

The install went well. The Porsche Dealership enabled the CD changer, now I have a warning icon next to the CD changer on the screen that pop up when I press trip and main buttons on the PCM. Check marks are next to amplifier, PCM, and system software. Clicking on the CD changer, I get a screen that shows Unit CD Changer. The Target field is blank. The actual field shows the C32/2702. Entered: Yes; Found: Yes. See attached .jpg. (sorry for blurriness).

I had the dealership, disable and re-enable the cd changer. I've updated the firmware to 2.22. I've reset the aux module. I've rebooted the PCM, but the warning icon persists. I assume that is because the Porsche PCM just doesn't recognize an aftermarket part, and there is not a problem with my installation. Can anyone confirm or deny? Otherwise, the unit is functioning perfectly.

Thanks.

smt

Attached Images   
Old 10-27-2011, 09:40 AM
tredirtyfive is infamous around these parts
Can anyone in Southern cali help install?

Old 02-26-2012, 12:25 PM
bencomer is infamous around these parts
OK guys, I have an 06 997 C2S Cab. I got the BTA 1500 wired through the firewall through the grommet on the DRIVER'S SIDE behind the battery (passenger side was too tough). Can anybody tell me the best way to get the BTA 1500 wire from the battery bay through the wall that separates the battery bay to the trunk? The rubber grommet behind the power brake assist appears to be a candidate, but this is another very tough grommet to get through. Is there an easier way?

Old 02-26-2012, 04:10 PM
ecostellodo is infamous around these parts
I used the grommet on the passenger side. I removed the battery and ran the cable under the front of the battery tray and then through the grommet on the driver side

Name:  0B41DD90.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  48.4 KB

Picture is looking forward the battery tray to the left.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 PM
bencomer is infamous around these parts
Eric, I had the same thought, but that specific grommet is behind a rectangular box in my car that is not easy to remove. Here is the picture of my trunk space, and you can see that the position where the grommet is that you point to is right behind the box. I tried to take the box out with the two torx screws so that I could get to the grommet on the trunk side, but could not easily get it out. Not knowing what the box is, I did not want to force it. Anybody know what this box is? I have an 06 997 C2S with sport chrono and PASM.

Attached Images  

Last edited by bencomer; 02-26-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 05-27-2012, 03:01 AM
kopper is infamous around these parts
Hi
I fitted second hand GW500 and Bluetooth BTA1500 to my 997 2006 PCM 2.1
I get no sound from speakers when making phone call. I can be heard by person I phone (mic seems OK). I have upgraded firmware and volume fix, I have dailed ***12 and ###8. I have tried ###0 to ###20. I have reset the unit. Also I can not see or play my itunes from the phone via bluetooth. I am using Iphone 4. If I connnect Iphone to cable I can play songs. I used DIP switches configuration and installation type 3a and have navigation dvd fitted, no CDC. I fitted it using
instructions.
Please help. Thanks in advance
Kopper

Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Tito_gsx is infamous around these parts
I am also interested how to solve your issue. I have same setup and problems as you (also have iphone 4). Eric helped me out but I lost patience and stopped trying. My Denison works well for music though

Old 05-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tito_gsx
I am also interested how to solve your issue. I have same setup and problems as you (also have iphone 4). Eric helped me out but I lost patience and stopped trying. My Denison works well for music though
Yeah. My music works if I plug it in to the cable but doesnt through bluetooth.
Does yours work via bluetooth streeming?
I was thinking to get a pay as you go chip and inserting it to the car and forwarding the calls to that number when I am driving, pain in the *** though every time you get in.
Hope we can resolve it, this kit cost me bucks.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by bencomer
OK guys, I have an 06 997 C2S Cab. I got the BTA 1500 wired through the firewall through the grommet on the DRIVER'S SIDE behind the battery (passenger side was too tough). Can anybody tell me the best way to get the BTA 1500 wire from the battery bay through the wall that separates the battery bay to the trunk? The rubber grommet behind the power brake assist appears to be a candidate, but this is another very tough grommet to get through. Is there an easier way?
I just drilled a 20mm hole and inserted a electricians gromit low level to the left of the bettery.
Hope this helps

Old 05-31-2012, 09:40 AM
TonyM is infamous around these parts
Finally, music.

Installed Dension GW500 in my Targa 4S over the weekend. Took 3 hours (I am very slow, and n00bish at this), everything went under hood, completely tucked away but accessible under the plastic coverings. Instructions from Eric at Bumperplugs were precise and very helpful. Instructions in this forum also helped. Went to dealer to activate CD changer, cost $150 (yep). Everything works so far. I am happy.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:15 AM
ArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura about
Does this unit give me an aux input in the car? I want to connect my Blackberry Bluetooth gateway and stream the content from my iPhone. I don't want to plug in or use it with anything else.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 AM
rowland.kimber is infamous around these parts
Gateway 500S BT install preperation

Hi there!

I'm looking to install the Dension Gateway 500S, but I have some questions. My Porsche is a 997 2005 Mk1. I think I have a PCM 2.1 DVD, because I have the DVD navigation.

1. I have the Porsche phone/sim module, do I need to install another mic?

2. I've uploaded software versions shots, do I need to upgrade the software/firmware before hand?

3. When I press the 'CD' button twice the HUD says 'no CD changer' so do I need to get the CD Changer enabled by Porsche?

Any help would be very welcome!

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway 500 - Complete Installation Guide -