997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: Bought or leased?
bought
81.40%
leased
18.60%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Bought or Leased?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Banned
Sargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of light
Bought or Leased?

Did you buy or lease? I feel these are cars to be owned, not leased. I love the fact that I actually own it and can also modify / do what I please with it. I also would not have got over 20% off sticker on a lease and even if I did, it would be a wasted effort, since Porsche gets the car back in the end.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:49 PM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
Purchased.
Cash.
For me, I held off buying until I comfortably could pay cash. Could not in my head finance a toy, even if at 1.9%.

One good thing about the financial crisis was that these cars lost some value. THe timing was good. My only 'payment' is insurance.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
I agree, I got a great price on a 2008 CS leftover in July. There were a lot of folks dumping late model 997s (with 500 to 5000 miles) this year and that drove the prices down on the new ones also.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Banned
Sargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by thebland
Purchased.
Cash.
For me, I held off buying until I comfortably could pay cash. Could not in my head finance a toy, even if at 1.9%.

One good thing about the financial crisis was that these cars lost some value. THe timing was good. My only 'payment' is insurance.
Exactly, did the same. Paid cash and got about 22% off sticker. If one can buy, now is the time.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:41 PM
geestyleed is infamous around these parts
What do you think is a realistic discount on a used 2005 when paying cash? For example at 44.000$ Carrera S 05, 40k mls?
With my last tries I couldnt haggle the price - my offers were always realistic in my opinion

I thought you can always haggle in the US..

So for my point, although I havent purchased, I will pay cash in the right 911 comes.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by geestyleed
What do you think is a realistic discount on a used 2005 when paying cash? For example at 44.000$ Carrera S 05, 40k mls?
With my last tries I couldnt haggle the price - my offers were always realistic in my opinion

I thought you can always haggle in the US..

So for my point, although I havent purchased, I will pay cash in the right 911 comes.
You can always haggle, everywhere! Is this a private sale or dealer? You need to do some research and use that as leverage, which is what I always do. For example go on auto trader and pull up listings similiar to yours, if they show as less, you can use them as leverage to get the price down. I did this w/ my 911 and the roush mustang I bought w/ amazing results. It is tough to tell if the $44k is too high or not for me, cause I do not know what the 05 would be worth in the first place. Search autotrader and let me know what you find. If you find that it is priced right, you still should be able to get a deal in this economy and then i would offer $36k to see where it goes from there.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:48 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by thebland
Purchased.
Cash.

I also purchased, but financially I personally think purchasing cash right now is not necessarily the smartest thing to do. At 1.9% financing right now, I'm sure you can find better return on investment on a conservative mutual fund...but that's just my 0.02 cents.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by rockstardoc
I also purchased, but financially I personally think purchasing cash right now is not necessarily the smartest thing to do. At 1.9% financing right now, I'm sure you can find better return on investment on a conservative mutual fund...but that's just my 0.02 cents.
Taking the 1.9 is still a purchase, this is not about cash, its about purchase vs lease.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:44 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sargepug
Taking the 1.9 is still a purchase, this is not about cash, its about purchase vs lease.

I agree with you 100% that purchase is the way to go. I just wanted to add that if someone had the cash to purchase, they can still purchase the car through financing the 1.9% and putting better use to that $100,000+.

As the saying goes, "Make money work for you, instead of you working for money."

Old 10-24-2009, 08:18 PM
YZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the rough
agree

learned a long time ago if I couldn't pay cash for my toys I would have to wait until I could. it has really saved me.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:22 PM
RPRyan55 is infamous around these partsRPRyan55 is infamous around these parts
Paid cash. If I can't I don't get it.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Koby is infamous around these parts
after the novelty of the new toy wears off...
car payments (lease or finance) becomes a burden and takes away from the enjoyment...

outright ownership is the way to go..

Old 10-24-2009, 10:38 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
This is not a car to pump and dump . It is a car to love and cherish .
Bought. Cash. No regrets.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:58 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Bought with cash (only way the wife lets me get the toys I want and since she's a CPA, she probably knows better than me). Never leased a car and don't think I ever will.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:08 AM
bolobar is infamous around these parts
Cash. As posted earlier, payments can be a drag after the newness wears off.
I leased a car many years ago when I was younger and dumber and it was a nightmare. I believe if you have to lease a Porsche, you probably should look for something else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bought or Leased?