997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Softronic Releases OBDII ECU Flashing for 997.2 Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zschicago
Wow a 36 hp gain with flash & new mufflers? Thats impressive. Like to see those dyno results.
Any idea what exhausts?
whatever it is worth scientifically if you click at my car link you will see a picture of dyno runs i took from my car before and after all cats, mufflers, plenum and softronic installs. it is all listed there in details section.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
Seems like an inexperienced dyno operator. Those gains are not credible.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
By the chart, that is a Mustang Dyno. The lower black line is AFR. Not sure on the top horizontal line. The other 2 are showing the gains. Mustang Dyno has a setting in it called "Smoothing" which you can soften out the curve (reads lower) or leave it the true real world as seen here. Not to much "operator error".

Also we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee - http://www.vrtuned.com/guarantee/

Here is my independent dyno of a 997 C4S on a Mustang Dyno.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan10487aa.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	328559   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0820a.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	328560  

Last edited by vividracing; 02-02-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
FYI to the PDK guys. As like on the earlier Tiptronic models, Softronic DOES raise all rev limiters 500rpm. However the TCU will not let it rev higher. So this maybe the same on the PDK.

If interested in purchasing the Softronic ECU, we are offering a special store credit rebate. Contact us for more info.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:30 PM
CarGuy21 is infamous around these partsCarGuy21 is infamous around these parts
You guys are talking some serious money for a marginal HP gain in an NA engine. Not worth it IMHO. You get more bang for your buck in a forced induced engine. Sorry, I ain't buyin'.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor
Some people get, some dont... Its not about the Peak HP gain, its about the overall improvement that has been said again and again by using customers.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Former Vendor
Old 11-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Some people get, some dont... Its not about the Peak HP gain, its about the overall improvement that has been said again and again by using customers.
If it's not about the peak HP gain then why would you do it? You haven't really mentioned throttle response but I wouldn't be surprised if you tweaked that, too.

You cite overall improvement by using customers. In my mind where it counts is on the dyno and when it's put to use such as at the track. The butt dyno doesn't count for sqaut as that's your expectations talking. That is you expect an improvement therefore your mind tells you there is one real or not.

Your marginal gain without an exhaust is 13 HP and on a 3300# car you won't notice that at all. In order to get 30+ HP you're saying the car needs an exhaust in order to get those numbers. That makes the investment over $5K or roughly $170 to $175/ HP gained. Not worth it IMHO. You'll realize more performance gain by putting that money into either a suspension of brake upgrade.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor
CarGuy21. Welcome to 6speed with 10 posts. Do you have a 997.1 or 997.2?

Old 11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

I don't own a Porsche right now. I drive an Audi A6 2.7T 6 spd with a slew of mods including larger turbos, tuning exhaust, etc.

A 997.2 is in my not too distant future.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor
Well your coming from a turbo car that is easy to make HP to a NA car. NA car are limited and will never get the huge gains you see on a turbo car. The exhaust is a restriction, but you have to find a good balance between flow and backpressure so you dont lose download (driveable) power. The ECU timing and AFR is tweaked. That gives you the low end increase to have the car feel faster off the line. Dyno testing is great, and we have supplied a dyno of a 3.8L C4s 997.1, but Dyno's all read differently and all can be skewed, I know, I own a dyno. The dyno also just shows you the 1 run number. The dyno is not going to show you the overall driveability improvement, improved gas mileage, and a more enjoyable car.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Former Vendor
Guys the DFI flash and 997.1 flash is on special!!!!!!!!!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rrrrrrrry.html

Old 04-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Former Vendor
Here is a HOW TO CLEAR codes article thanks to user John Mclane. Clearing codes is necessary for the DFI flash once you load the new tuned file. View at www.vrtuned.com/tuning

Last edited by vividracing; 02-02-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:15 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Vivid, did you ever find out anything about the 2009's having PSM failure on high banked tracks? From what I've found out is that the 2009 cars have more sensors that the 2005-08 cars...even have sensors on the PASM shocks.
My PSM freaked out and went into failure mode above 135mph at Daytona on the 31 degree banks. Since then I've done DE's on Sebring with zero PSM issues. I'd love to find out more and see if some of the parameters could be softened or even turned off.

thanks! Mike

Old 04-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor
No did not find out anything about that. I dont think we can turn off psm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic Releases OBDII ECU Flashing for 997.2 Cars