997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Experience with Softtronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009 | 08:44 AM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
Took a look...thanks> Not sure what I will do next.....if anything. I have considered a plenum.......I'll sit tight until the Spring. I did Wheels, Lowering, CAI, EVOMS Headers, EVOMS software this year....

Mass...huh. I grew up in NH.

Old 11-02-2009 | 08:49 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rbuisa
Took a look...thanks> Not sure what I will do next.....if anything. I have considered a plenum.......I'll sit tight until the Spring. I did Wheels, Lowering, CAI, EVOMS Headers, EVOMS software this year....

Mass...huh. I grew up in NH.
AWE or Fabspeed cats then is the only component you need to add IMHO.
That will give you most bang per buck.
Plenum - well, jury is out there for this thing, you can put it on any time you want, it takes a couple hours most to get it done. Easy stuff to do, if you decide on it - run car on dyno before and after to add some statistics here.

Old 11-02-2009 | 09:04 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Vivid Racing now offers its own tuning at www.vrtuned.com. Read our FAQ, see applications, and order. We are no longer affiliated with or sell the other brand of tuning.

Last edited by vividracing; 02-02-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2009 | 08:14 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Hey Vivid,

Any chance you'd consider another group buy special? I might be interested, and the prior $200 savings could be enough to make the difference...

Brian

Old 11-02-2009 | 08:26 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vividracing
to the OP, check out this more informational site - www.softronictuning.com. You can read about how the tuning is done, how it compares to the competition, and what we offer as a guarantee. We are the OFFICIAL Softronic distributor for 6speed online users.

Thumbs up to Vivid for all the help they gave me w/my Softronic. I was pest of the year with questions pre and post but love my Softronic. There's a certain level of satisfaction flashing it yourself.

w

Old 11-03-2009 | 08:33 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sorry no group buy. This product is well worth its $$$.

Old 07-07-2010 | 10:10 PM
Drummer is infamous around these parts
Hi, I had a CEL a few days ago. My car was in the garage for about 2 weeks. Today I restored original MAP without CEL. With the tuned MAP skipped down RPMs and on mid to full throttle it didn't ran well. I've sent an e-mail to softronics with both zipped files.

I really love my reflash. Do you know any issues. By the way when I got the tuned map in PR was about 75 degrees now is over 95 degrees and a lot off Shara Dessert dust.

Thanks for any advice.

Old 07-08-2010 | 09:53 AM
Former Vendor
The program does not change. What was the CEL you had?

Old 07-08-2010 | 11:06 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
+1, my Softronic flash eliminated the CEL for the Cats.

Old 07-08-2010 | 12:40 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
+1, my Softronic flash eliminated the CEL for the Cats.
speaking about 200 cell cats with softronic combo - i just passed my emissions inspection. no issues. car was pre-heated but i waited inside for 35 min or so and car was not running all this time.
for what it`s worth.

Old 07-08-2010 | 01:33 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
I have had the cord for a couple of months....maybe I will get off my lazy a$$ and do the install

Old 07-08-2010 | 01:39 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
Op, go for it!!! Buy it from Dan (vivid), you can't go wrong!!!

Old 07-08-2010 | 07:07 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the good words. Yes we are the official 6speed Softronic tuning masters

Old 07-08-2010 | 09:11 PM
Drummer is infamous around these parts
I do not know what kind of CEL. But I've installed the original file withou CEL. I've sent an e-mail to Softronics with both files (original and tuned).

April answered me really fast and told me that when I bought it I didnot mention that my car is Tiptronic, That's right. And as soon the tuners were available they will check the files and send me a new one.

They have an awesome customer service.
Will keep you informed.

Old 07-08-2010 | 09:15 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
drummer, just be a little patient talked to scott (softronic) earlier in the day, he was at some porsche fest so he will def get back with you i'm sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Experience with Softtronic