997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Experience with Softtronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010 | 09:34 PM
Drummer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Arone997tt
drummer, just be a little patient talked to scott (softronic) earlier in the day, he was at some porsche fest so he will def get back with you i'm sure.
YEs that's OK with me. April told me the same this morning. Honestly no Rush I know they will do the best.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2010 | 08:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello All,

Yes I just got back in from being at Porsche Parade with PCNA and Peter Porsche. I had given two speeches on the Porsche engines on Thursday. I will take a look at the file and get in touch with you Drummer. The tip files will have a CEL until driven from a CAN line break in which is normal. I will double check it first for you before flashing again.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Last edited by Softronic; 07-10-2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Text
Old 07-09-2010 | 08:38 PM
Drummer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello All,

Yes I just got back in from being at Porsche Parade with PCNA and Peter Porsche. I had given two speeches on the Porsche engines on Thursday. I will take a look at the file and get in touch with you Drummer. The tip files will have a CEL until driven from a CAN line break in which is normal. I will double check it first for you before flashing again.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson
I really apreciate your attention and service. I know that you will do your best.

I bought the fflash on Feb and isntalled the same day that arrived (MArch 4) and no troubles until few days ago. I really like your tuned MAP.

Regards,

Drummer (Alvin)

Old 07-09-2010 | 10:02 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello All,

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson
Scott, tell us more about your speaches please. Also I had the Softronic flash in my 07 C2S Tip but never had a single issue with anything. The car always ran well and no CEL. Only mod I had was Fabspeed mufflers and BMC air filter.

Old 07-10-2010 | 01:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello,

Should CEL come on with a tuned or original file if there is an issue or reason for it. Whenever you flash the DME it clears the faults and resets it. As an example if you had a CEL with the original file and flashed to Tuned it would clear and reset the DME yet the cause that made it come on would still be present. The DME in either case would then still set A CEL in time given the severity of it. This also applies from Tuned to Original.
Now some Tuned files are made to eliminate certain CEL yet not all of them.

I gave the speeches on the problems or deficiency's of the flat bottom engines such as the M96 and series 1 M97. Some discussion was on the system controls yet my time was limited. I was to give 1 hr talks yet both had gone up to 1.5 hours and there was much interest. I should in the future allow a couple hours so that all the questions could be answered.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 07-10-2010 | 05:09 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Drummer, have you cleaned and re-oiled your Evom's intake filter? If so it might have been over oiled and it clogged up the MAF. You can buy a can of MAF cleaner and spray it down and see if the CEL goes away.