997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Experience with Softtronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009 | 11:20 AM
|
Jafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to behold
Experience with Softtronic

I am thinking about buying the $995 Softtronics tuning chip (softronic.us/buynow.php) and wonder if any of you have any experience with this. Questions that come to mind are:

- does it really provide extra hp and torque or just the benefits of Sports Chrono quicker response (my car has no sports chrono unfortunately)

- have you heard of any issues/problems resulting from the tuning

- does it add additional stress to the car, i.e. potenitally shorten the lifetime or causing breakdowns of systems

- is their claim that you can change it back to the original configuration through your own computer correct - anyone did this?

- any negative effects on daily driving, i.e. when I drive the kids to school in the morning I don't need high revs, last minute shifts etc - how aggressive is the program?

Tks for help

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-31-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: embedded link
Old 10-31-2009 | 11:40 AM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
- does it really provide extra hp and torque or just the benefits of Sports Chrono quicker response (my car has no sports chrono unfortunately)

I haven't dyno'd it, but noticed a big difference all around, especially the "in your seat" feeling. Once you do it, after a couple of days put your original file back and you'll notice a big difference.

On 6 months with it and no issues, haven't heard of anyone else having issues

- does it add additional stress to the car, i.e. potenitally shorten the lifetime or causing breakdowns of systems

not that i know of, unless you'll spend a lot of time at 7500 rpm

- is their claim that you can change it back to the original configuration through your own computer correct - anyone did this?

Yes, and that a big reason why i bought it, it's awesome

- any negative effects on daily driving, i.e. when I drive the kids to school in the morning I don't need high revs, last minute shifts etc - how aggressive is the program?

I haven't had any issues, i kept my on/off for sports mode. when you order it, you can specify a bunch of things from mods to preferences, and they can give you the sports chrono feeling w/o the sc option

I bought mine at Vivid Racing and they were awesome, super helpful

w

Last edited by w00zie; 10-31-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-02-2009 | 07:39 AM
|
Jafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to behold
I read a ton of articles on Softtronic on the board over the weekend - really seems to be very little to no negative experience ...

Last chance for any warnings before I go out there to buy it ...
Anyone? Anyone?

Tks for your help

Old 11-02-2009 | 07:42 AM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
If i remember correctly (and check with them) but i think Vivid offered a money back guarantee if you weren't satisfied....takes away some of the risk

w

Old 11-02-2009 | 07:51 AM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
EVOMSit also has very good reviews. I have used both GIAC and EVOMS.......by far I prefer EVOMS. There is an increase in HP if you match up with other add-ons like CAI, Headers etc.....exhaust is more sound

Old 11-02-2009 | 07:53 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jafetica888
I am thinking about buying the $995 Softtronics tuning chip (softronic.us/buynow.php) and wonder if any of you have any experience with this. Questions that come to mind are:

Tks for help
for maximum effect put 200 cell sport cats as well if you decide to re-flash ECU. Mufflers are optional, it is mostly for sound only. If you decide to order sport cats - check with supplier up front if new cats will fit properly with stock mufflers or if they should be pre-cut (a hint for Fabspeed ones).

Also, put oiled filter panel into stock airbox, K&N or BMC. Then put Softronic flash and enjoy more torque and HP - click at my car and see how dyno graph changed.

Old 11-02-2009 | 07:58 AM
Also, put oiled filter panel into stock airbox, K&N or BMC. Then put Softronic flash and enjoy more torque and HP - click at my car and see how dyno graph changed.[/quote]

Need to be careful with oiled filters though right? Do Not over oil...messes up MAF sensor. I bought a dry filter w/sock to avoid any issues. X Cats....can you still pass emmissions testing with them?

Old 11-02-2009 | 08:04 AM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Do you get any real and noticeable improvement if one wants to just do the ECU flash without doing any of the other things mentioned ??
Or is just a placebo effect?

Old 11-02-2009 | 08:09 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by utkinpol
for maximum effect put 200 cell sport cats as well if you decide to re-flash ECU. Mufflers are optional, it is mostly for sound only. If you decide to order sport cats - check with supplier up front if new cats will fit properly with stock mufflers or if they should be pre-cut (a hint for Fabspeed ones).

Also, put oiled filter panel into stock airbox, K&N or BMC. Then put Softronic flash and enjoy more torque and HP - click at my car and see how dyno graph changed.
+1 for the olied filter. Im going to Flash my ECU and right now I have a Fabspeed CAI and a BMC Filter and my car breathes SOOOO much better so a Flash should compliment my car, and no problems w the Oiled Filter so far 7k into it.

Old 11-02-2009 | 08:09 AM
there is a noticeable difference. Most software re-maps fuel and air flow for smoother acceleration through the power band. They should also match to the octane level you have available. You will notice a difference. Add on's like CAI, XCATS, Header enhance the expereience by allowing the engine to breathe better. You need to decide in advance however what you plan to do. Software outfits tweak the tuning based on what you have on your car for mods.

Old 11-02-2009 | 08:12 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rbuisa

BMC one is safer than K&N according to forums plus I would never oil it myself. Let it be in air box for 20K miles than throw it away and get new one. It`s less than $100. What else to do - I bought MAF sensor cleaner at autozone and after several first days after using K&N filter I took sensor out for check - it had no oily residue whatsoever on itself but I still did spray it all they way in and out - it is all very easy and simple to do.

200 cell cats should pass test when they are hot - just drive around a bit to get oil to 200 degrees and then it should be OK.

Last edited by utkinpol; 11-02-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-02-2009 | 08:19 AM
Utkinpol.....you have cats on yours?

Old 11-02-2009 | 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by bosco42
Do you get any real and noticeable improvement if one wants to just do the ECU flash without doing any of the other things mentioned ??
Or is just a placebo effect?
I did flash prior to cats upgrade and it felt right away on my car, again, my case if different perhaps as I had it done on base C2 car with no SC option so it never had 'sport' mode on and ECU flash activated it 100%. It felt like noticeably more torque at 3.5K rpm area and faster reaction on gas. I cannot say much about power increase by itself as I did not measured it. Rev limiter goes to 7500.

I am under opinion that for noticeable change in power you got to do all that minimal set of things - filter/CAI upgrade and sport cats. That will allow more air to pass through the engine then you put ECU flash that can allow engine to use this increased flow more effectively and then you get some practical difference. Sport x-pipe cats cost just $1200 or so, it is not so bad actually.

Old 11-02-2009 | 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
I recommend checking out our ECU tuning for the Porsche vehicles. We use EVOMSit for all of our tuning needs and it is hands down, one of the best things we have done. The tuning results are amazing and really transforms the car. We have done many Dyno runs with there tuning and or performance packages and it put down really big numbers. +1 on the fabspeed exhaust upgrade, it will really make a difference with the ECU tune combined. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,

Here is EVOmsit tuning site: http://evomsit.com/Products.htm

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 11-02-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-02-2009 | 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by rbuisa
Utkinpol.....you have cats on yours?
click on my car link - it has full list there. Yes, I have febspeed setup. Not so sure it was wise to get mufflers as my wife complains about engine noise all the time now, I personally find it more than adequate, it is not nearly as loud as real sport exhaust or, say, a Harley chopper but she still thinks it is too loud for our neighborhood. Plus it is a relatively PITA job to take stock mufflers off.

I am reluctant to put them back on as it will require to cut off extra 3" or so from either cats or mufflers pipes in order for them to fit together. So if you order from fabspeed - tell then to pre-cut x-pipes for your stock mufflers, other than that I see no issues with Fabspeed at all. And I do not beleive you get any real HP benefit from mufflers replacement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Experience with Softtronic