997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I Hit A Deer Last Evening

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:00 PM
RUFLUV is infamous around these parts
Here in Florida we have other problems...a guy I know was balsting down the road at night in an AMG Merc and hit a big gator..took out three of four wheels and pretty much totaled the undercarriage

Old 11-03-2009, 04:29 PM
colonel is infamous around these parts
Done that myself. Hit a deer a few years ago with my 05 C2S. I was fine, but the car was not the same after the repair.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
+1 on the whistles. I almost hit a deer tonight. Luckily it turned away as I was coming around a turn. I don't know if it really was the whistle but the deer turned away as I came closer. I live in the city but own a business in a rural area and have it on all my daily drivers.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:41 AM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
You know the old saying "Knock on wood'? Well, I guess I should have done so. Just a day after my previous post on this subject, I almost hit another deer, this time in my Turbo Cab. I was driving down Capital of Texas Hwy in Austin (Talkinghead, I'm sure you know PROB my route), and a doe darted our in front of me at 60mph. Fortunately, I caught her out of the corner of my eye, managed to slam on the brakes and swerve to avoid her. The experience definitely got my blood flowing, to say the least. And, yes, I am now knocking on wood as I type this...;-)

Old 11-04-2009, 10:14 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I sold my Miata for this very reason - TONS of deer on my way home and the idea of one in my lap just didn't sit very well. I see a dead Bambi at least twice a week on a 5 mile drive. Now they have a lifted F-150 to contend with. Bring it.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 11-04-2009, 12:35 PM
talkinghead is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by shawminator
I almost hit another deer, this time in my Turbo Cab. I was driving down Capital of Texas Hwy in Austin (Talkinghead, I'm sure you know PROB my route), and a doe darted our in front of me at 60mph. Fortunately, I caught her out of the corner of my eye, managed to slam on the brakes and swerve to avoid her. The experience definitely got my blood flowing, to say the least. And, yes, I am now knocking on wood as I type this...;-)

Shawminator, I see the problem.....you have the whistles mounted backwards. Instead of the "get away from me" signal, you are giving them a "come to me" signal

I think it's the mating season right now, and like most teenagers, they're wearing their brain in their pants. BTW, what time was this sighting?

Last edited by talkinghead; 11-04-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:46 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
Too right. It's indeed mating season, so the bucks are in the rut, which promotes unpredictable behaviour sometimes (kind of like me after a bottle or two wine). It happened just at dusk, which is when deer are most active. Perhaps they are are attracted to the sonorous rumble of my Cargraphic sports exhaust given that it sounds so nice at WOT...;-)