997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Swiffer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Swiffer

for Brake Dust - works like a champ. Anything wet just makes a mess, but one of these, followed by a damp cloth, is a quick and effective clean up between washings.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
I told you guys that a long time ago... It is really a great tool and makes a chore an easy task.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 PM
swajames is infamous around these partsswajames is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by stevepow
for Brake Dust - works like a champ. Anything wet just makes a mess, but one of these, followed by a damp cloth, is a quick and effective clean up between washings.
Absolutely - they work really well. The other thing that works great for removing brake dust is an old California Duster. When mine get to the point that I can't use them on the car, I use them on the wheels.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:01 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by swajames
Absolutely - they work really well. The other thing that works great for removing brake dust is an old California Duster. When mine get to the point that I can't use them on the car, I use them on the wheels.
That it does but I do not want to discard it every time I clean rims. The Swiffer fluffy pad goes straight to the garbage and that is nice.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Good for the interior dusting too - before the wheels. Swiffers are awesome.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
Thanks for the tip - you mean the swiffer duster, right?

Old 11-04-2009, 07:12 AM
RH512 is infamous around these parts
I would agree on the swiffer duster sheets and then something damp with gloves of course. Yes, adias, you've been saying that.

A pre-coating or two with Rejex makes it even better.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Rodsky
Thanks for the tip - you mean the swiffer duster, right?
Yes - and the one with the telescoping arm is best for deep wheels - you can get all the way in easily...at least it clears my rotors easily.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:29 AM
mstams is infamous around these parts
How dirty can they get before swiffer doesn't work?

Old 11-04-2009, 09:52 AM
PorscheUSA is infamous around these parts
For dusting the exterior painted surface on the car, is it safe to use a new Swiffer instead of using the California Duster? Will Swiffer leave any chemical residual on paint?

Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PorscheUSA
For dusting the exterior painted surface on the car, is it safe to use a new Swiffer instead of using the California Duster? Will Swiffer leave any chemical residual on paint?
I tried this on an Imola Red BMW. It didn't work. The paint was fine but all the swiffer did was leave streaks (perhaps the polish was streaked by the swiffer) w/o picking up very much dust.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheUSA
No, I don't think I'd use it on the car. Interior and wheels is perfect application.

How dirty before it doesn't work. I may never know - Black car - if the wheels are that bad, the whole thing is going to need a wash. I think the main issue is "have they been wet?" - after that you no longer have dust, you have crud.

Last edited by stevepow; 11-04-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:05 PM
AttAkker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RH512
A pre-coating or two with Rejex makes it even better.
And Cilajet is even better still.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:59 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stevepow
after I used rejex on wheels - now brake dust is no issue at all, it does not stick to rims no more, i use regular cloth to wipe it off in seconds. amazing product.