997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Tubi, Cargraphics, SpeedART, or PSE ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 08:56 PM
zschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud of
If you decide to get rid of the Cargraphic let me know. I was thinking about picking them up.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cnesq
Hi Guys,

If you had a choice which exhaust system would you go with? The Tubi, Cargraphics, SpeedART, or PSE? and Why? and Do you have a sound clip from your car?

I am trying to decide on one of these systems for my 2009 4S. Last week I installed a set of Cargraphic mufflers with a Fabspeed X-pipe but I think it is missing something.

And I don't think I can keep buying parts until I find the right tune.

Thanks in advance for all of your generous contributions.
I also have a 2009 C4S and was looking for something that sounded much "louder, deeper, and throatier" than stock. I have had PSE (on my 996) and was happy with that sound, but it was not available when I got my new 997.2 in Jan 2009. I too got a Fabspeed X-Pipe, hoping it would give me the deep sound I was looking for, but no luck - it is barely louder than stock (although I think it did give me some extra HP/TQ). I am still looking for something to give me that deep sound and I am looking at getting the side mufflers replaced with either the Fabspeed Dual Tone Maxflo mufflers (Loud) or the Cargraphic side mufflers. Why did you select the Cargraphic muffflers over the Fabspeed muffflers? I have heard the videos on the Fabspeed mufflers and they still don't sound loud enough for my likes. And I still haven't heard a video on the Cargraphic mufflers yet. I know lots of folks are happy with the Tubi mufflers and probably FVD BroMbacher, but they seem a little too pricey (and not quite loud enough) for my likes. I know the side muffler delete option sounds great, but I can't live with the drone problem. I also know the new Rennsport-1 option looks like a great possibility, but I want to try and keep my Fabspeed X-Pipe (to keep the power gains) and just replace the side mufflers at a fairly decent price.

With all that in mind, does anyone have (or has anyone heard) the new Fabspeed Dual Tone Mufflers (Loud setting), either with or without the Fabspeed X-Pipe, and what do you think of the sound? Is there any drone? Even better, has anyone done a dyno run before and after? What do you think of the power gains?

I have monitored a lot of these "exhaust threads" and there are a lot of comments from guys with 997.1 exhaust mods talking about 997.2 exhaust issues. Folks need to realize the exhaust plumbing design on the two cars is entirely different. Other than in general terms, comments about older 997.1 exhaust mods won't necessairly apply to the new 997.2. Everyone, please identify the version of your 997 when making inputs about exhaust mods and sounds.

Thanks for any inputs or feedback.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
You may want to add us to your research list for sound quality...

Here are a few examples and the last is on a 09- C4S...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4q3KNwhj5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTKchcvp8ps

Here is a link and review by a fellow 6 speeder who has a C4S...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...installed.html

Thanks in advance for your time,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 11-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
You may want to add us to your research list for sound quality...

Here are a few examples and the last is on a 09- C4S...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4q3KNwhj5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTKchcvp8ps

Here is a link and review by a fellow 6 speeder who has a C4S...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...installed.html

Thanks in advance for your time,
Rhonda
Thanks for the videos. In that first video, with the primary muffler by-pass (I assume those are crossover pipes) and the secondary sport mufflers, was it a pure CAT-Back set-up or did the car also have 200-cell CATs and new headers? Also, what HP/TQ gains do you get just for the CAT-Back set-up? And what is the price? Thanks.