997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Steering Wheel 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:44 PM
omes is infamous around these parts
Great Mod, just a quick question ....if I have the sport steering wheel, can they upgrade me to the multifunction? I wouldn't do a steering wheel mod without this. I wonder if some of the control buttons are available separately?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
If you've been following me you know I've got a love/ hate with my '05 C2S, and lately, I've been in "hate" as I've been updating this and that, tearing out and replacing trim, adding a GT2 wing, switching mufflers for the 6th time, etc., all in an effort to remain excited about a car that is now 5 years old. Not to mention the thousands of dollars I've spent on performance mods.

I recently bought a new OEM 997TT shifter **** and boot, and my right hand feels like it's driving a brand new car! I had BumperPlugs paint a piece here and there, and just bought the Dension Gateway 500.

But of all these, I would bet that a new steering wheel would do wonders for my psyche, and make it feel like a new/ different car- and I love the way these look, and the price seems fair.

I'll be calling them tomorrow.
CATTMAN

Old 11-07-2009, 06:59 AM
marc2828 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by omes
Great Mod, just a quick question ....if I have the sport steering wheel, can they upgrade me to the multifunction? I wouldn't do a steering wheel mod without this. I wonder if some of the control buttons are available separately?
I do think you need a different wiring harness inside the wheel. Call the Porsche dealer and ask what parts you need for this...then buy it on Ebay. You also need the little silver pods that have the controls and the little "Y" plastic part. Hope this helps. ...Marc

Old 11-07-2009, 06:01 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
THey are available separately, but it is expensive. Suncoast sells a kit, but it is over $400. Check out their website.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
new 997 steering wheel made

Originally Posted by marc2828
take a look
We made a similar wheel but just reverse the material of leather portion!!

compared to this one for Marc:

Attached Images   
Old 12-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Howie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to behold
Do they do Audi style flat bottom steering wheels? I have one in my other car, a VW R32. I like that steering wheel!

Old 12-08-2009, 11:24 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice like others, I hate the "thin" OEM wheel however, the car is leased, and lord knows I have already added some fun mods I need to control myself.!

Old 12-08-2009, 11:29 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DCTMOTORSPORTS
We made a similar wheel but just reverse the material of leather portion!!

PM me please how much such wheel would cost to make. It is exactly design I was wondering about - perforated in holding area and smooth in sliding area.

I assume you would need my original wheel shipped to you, right?

Old 12-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
About core exchange!

Originally Posted by utkinpol
PM me please how much such wheel would cost to make. It is exactly design I was wondering about - perforated in holding area and smooth in sliding area.

I assume you would need my original wheel shipped to you, right?
We need your OEM wheel AFTER we send you our new wheel! so you have "zero" down time to drive your beloved Porsche!!