997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hankook Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:27 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sin911
Read this, it is from Car & Driver.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...12_evo_page_10
BTW, it seems they praised Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star. Any opinion on those tires?

Old 11-10-2009, 04:39 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
BTW, it seems they praised Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star. Any opinion on those tires?
I have no clue

BTW I have a couple more thousand miles on my fronts, so I will have to get Pzero Rosso for the rears for now...

Old 11-10-2009, 07:03 PM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Delray 997S
I got them up here in Delray Beach on Linton at a place called "Tires 4 U 2"- the owner's name is Erlon. I have been doing business with him for some time now and he is really honest and competent- not too far from Parkland!
I'll file it for next year.by then I'll need new fronts...I just put on new PS2s (rears) in June with only 8500 miles on them!!! The steel belts were showing

Old 11-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Comaro

Originally Posted by jherbias
Korea.

Farnbacher Racing (not Loles) from Germany use them.

Long ago I did SCCA racing on Hankook "R" compound tires and they were as good as any others out there for racers.

Now, for HPDE's: Has anyone run the Hankooks at the track? I be interested in knowing how they compare to P2S's on the track.

Mr. B

Old 04-02-2010, 06:26 PM
jon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of light
Just installed four new Hankook V12 tires on my 997.1 c2s, to change my worn Pirelli Pzero 19's

sizes 235-30-20/305-25-20

mechanics put 39/44psi (cold measure)

outside temp: 51f

it was horrible. Lot of understeer, very greasy, poor traction, soft... Unpleasant.

Changed the air pression to 33/39 and it was way better, even at outside temp of 46f later last night..

Today, sunny 77f, tried a 31/37psi and it was not convincing.

So far i believe these tires to be 6 out of 10 regarding pure performance. Comfort is good. Not too noisy (car is not quiet anyway..)

I would recommend the Hankook for someone who is commuting with his Porsche or who is driving very gently.. I mean: it's cheap!

But for my needs/taste ? No thank you. I think i'll order a set of Yoko Advan ad08 or some Pirellis. I think my car deserve better tires.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:55 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jon8
Just installed four new Hankook V12 tires on my 997.1 c2s, to change my worn Pirelli Pzero 19's

sizes 235-30-20/305-25-20

mechanics put 39/44psi (cold measure)

outside temp: 51f

it was horrible. Lot of understeer, very greasy, poor traction, soft... Unpleasant.

Changed the air pression to 33/39 and it was way better, even at outside temp of 46f later last night..

Today, sunny 77f, tried a 31/37psi and it was not convincing.

So far i believe these tires to be 6 out of 10 regarding pure performance. Comfort is good. Not too noisy (car is not quiet anyway..)

I would recommend the Hankook for someone who is commuting with his Porsche or who is driving very gently.. I mean: it's cheap!

But for my needs/taste ? No thank you. I think i'll order a set of Yoko Advan ad08 or some Pirellis. I think my car deserve better tires.
I am having a completely opposite feeling.I am running 37/44 I hit 150 last weekend very smooth and controlled.Make sure the tread is facing the right way and let them break in alittle.I think you may change your mind.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Stockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really nice
Yep, just put a set on my 2007 C2S (245/35-19 and 305/30-19) and agree with Jon8 . . . right now. Remember, these have mold release compound on them that usually takes a couple hundred to wear off. I've already noticed a difference after about 50 miles today.

Also, have a set on my wife's E63 for about 5 months and have been very happy. I'll report back in a week.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:58 AM
jon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of light
i'm sure break-in will help, like any other tire. I tried tonight 27/33psi and it was the best results i had so far. Outside temp 60-68f, tires well warmed up.

Traction/grip is really acceptable like that. However, i still feel a lot of softness and disconnected feeling from the front end, especially at higher speed (75mph+), no matter what psi i put in.

I don't have a very extensive experience with high performance tires yet, but i tried Pirelli Pzero Nero 3 times, including my 997 and my old '78 911, also BF KDW2, General Exclaim UHP, Dunlop Direzza, Toyo Proxes, Kumho SPT, Yoko Advan (on a Lotus Elise). So far the one that impressed me the most regarding performance (dry) is the Yoko Advan, followed by the Pzero Nero and the KDW2 (which was excellent for traction).

I would like to compare with the PS2's and Advan AD08..

Old 04-03-2010, 05:07 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Every year I listen to a Q&A presenation or two by the "Michelin Man" during race events. This year, at Sebring, the presenter was exceptionally good/interesting. According to him their tires change every year or so (just like our cars) based on previous experiences - compounds, minor tread refinements, side walls, etc. So......2010 PS2's are supposedly better than say the 08's. Also, fwiw, he was 100% for nitrogen - even on street cars.

I don't use PS2's but if I had the unlimited resources some of you guys do I probably would.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:46 PM
after nearly 300 miles on them, my opinion has not changed: 6 out of 10 regarding performance. Which means barely acceptable for such a car, but ok if you consider only the DD part.

I have no choice now but to order different tires, i won't be able to live with that for the whole summer.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 PM
fast6th is infamous around these parts
i use hankok ventus for a while and I am satisfied with them. I am happy that aren't noisy at all

Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 PM
ess04 is infamous around these parts
What to do?

My 09 c2 coupe rocks the PS2's on stock 18's. At 11000m my back two are shot. I put on about 1200m per month driving from Miami to West Palm Beach. No Winter to worry about. I figured I would get the PS2's again, but have not been thrilled with the grip or treadwear. After reading these positive posts about the Hankooks and seeing how cheap they were on tirerack, I don't know what to do.

My biggest concern is treadwear, not price.
Also, if I replace the PS2's, it will only be the back two, however if I do the Hankooks, it will be front/rear.

Any suggestions?

Old 04-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by ess04
My 09 c2 coupe rocks the PS2's on stock 18's. At 11000m my back two are shot. I put on about 1200m per month driving from Miami to West Palm Beach. No Winter to worry about. I figured I would get the PS2's again, but have not been thrilled with the grip or treadwear. After reading these positive posts about the Hankooks and seeing how cheap they were on tirerack, I don't know what to do.

My biggest concern is treadwear, not price.
Also, if I replace the PS2's, it will only be the back two, however if I do the Hankooks, it will be front/rear.

Any suggestions?
never tried PS2 but i doubt the Hankook V12 evo are in the same league (regarding performance)

Treadware, comfort, noise, etc.. is another question...

Old 04-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is infamous around these parts
never tried PS2 but i doubt the Hankook V12 evo are in the same league (regarding performance)
Oh they are. I have Hankook V12's on my MY06 and they are excellent tires. It took a little over 500 miles to get them broken in though. These are one of the best sets of tires I've had on any of my Porsche's (which included Bridgestone’s, Pirelli Pzeros and Michelins – have not tried Dunlop).

You might want to look into your setup to determine if you have something out of spec.

Best,

Matt

Old 04-14-2010, 08:29 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I swapped out PS2's for the Hankooks a few hundred miles ago and I have to say I like them so far. Good traction, predictable, no road noise, stable at high speed (did 150 this morning on them).

Have yet to really try them in the wet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hankook Tires