997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Some people Are Just Inconsiderate...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 03:59 AM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
Some people Are Just Inconsiderate...

Yesterday i parked my car in a gas station, went inside to buy some items and came back to find out that someone scrapped into my car(the left side of the rear bumper)
I have the matte black foil installed. Luckily there was no damage done to the bumper or the original paint, but the foil was damaged and will need to be replaced( on the whole bumper) and i don't think that the installer will cover it under the warranty.

It is really pissing off..... i always take care and park my car far away since i know how some retards drive...but yet...they insist on parking and sticking next to the car(even when there are plenty of other spaces)
He didn't even leave any note of any kind...just walked away.

Bummer.....

Sorry had to vent cuz Ive had bad luck for quite some time now...and this is the third time that this has happened since i got my car, other than 2 nails in tire at the same time!, a cat actually colliding head on with the front bumper( i wasnt even moving ) and guy at gas station spills fuel all over the front hood..
*sigh* anybody have a cure for bad luck ? lol

Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZoSo_DXB
Yesterday i parked my car in a gas station, went inside to buy some items and came back to find out that someone scrapped into my car(the left side of the rear bumper)
I have the matte black foil installed. Luckily there was no damage done to the bumper or the original paint, but the foil was damaged and will need to be replaced( on the whole bumper) and i don't think that the installer will cover it under the warranty.
First scratch is always most painful. I got first trace of somebody`s red paint on my door about of month ago - somebody probably slammed door into mine, there is no visible dent, only some minor paint damage but still, it felt bad... well, it`s just a part of life I guess. After 3 years of parking my lexus in downtown Boston my both bumpers were damaged beyond repair, I had to completely replace them 2 years ago. I guess if I keep leaving my 997 in the city it will have pretty much same fate, but so far her bumpers are still clean, looks like people mostly prefer not to bump into Porsche.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:29 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
The weirdest thing I've heard is a guy at the gas station spilling fuel on your hood ??? That's a big bowl of wrong!

Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 AM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Originally Posted by chance6
The weirdest thing I've heard is a guy at the gas station spilling fuel on your hood ??? That's a big bowl of wrong!
Thank god I don't live in New Jersey (full service only), I can't imagine what the carelessness of a gas station attendant would do to my car...

Not a whole lot of full service in Florida...

Old 11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I guess given the logistics of full service and the location of a 997's tank, I guess it's possible, but...wow. I pictured an attendant taking a gas can and dumping fuel on the hood from the front. Now I'm demented.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 PM
talkinghead is infamous around these parts
What you means "black mat foil"?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
The fuel smell lasted for a couple of days but luckily went away after a while.

talkinghead- Its something similar to window tinting only done to the whole body. It provides some protection in addition to the various colors available.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:48 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by talkinghead
What you means "black mat foil"?
like a clear bra, but not clear, and not a bra - more like an opaque car comdom.

did we ever get any pics of that?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I don't even take the Turbo to public parking . If it's in a garage with security and cameras EVEN then I back it in if permitted giving less rear bumper exposure to dings . I am also extremely selective with my parking spot . It has to be near a guard , or camera , but with ample room on either side to get in an out . I also look at the car next to me . If it has large doors I avoid the spot . If it's dinged up or dirty I also avoid the spot . I prefer to park next to cars which appear like the owner cares about his or her vehicle. Usually a person who cares about his car respects other cars too.

Last edited by yrralis1; 11-10-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:05 PM
PyroKerry has a spectacular aura aboutPyroKerry has a spectacular aura about
Problem is some people go out of their way to damage a nice car.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:21 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't even take the Turbo to public parking . If it's in a garage with security and cameras EVEN then I back it in if permitted giving less rear bumper exposure to dings . I am also extremely selective with my parking spot . It has to be near a guard , or camera , but with ample room on either side to get in an out . I also look at the car next to me . If it has large doors I avoid the spot . If it's dinged up or dirty I also avoid the spot . I prefer to park next to cars which appear like the owner cares about his or her vehicle. Usually a person who cares about his car respects other cars too.
it`s an another extreme, when your car becomes an inconvenience instead of being source of fun. i am trying to find my peace with those dings and not let all that stuff overshadow everything else.

it`s exactly why i did not really want to get anything too exotic and not a new car anyway - what is the point to own a nice overly expensive car if you are too afraid to take it out? it has to be some sort of compromise IMHO.

Last edited by utkinpol; 11-11-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:15 AM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Jealousy!!!