997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Has anyone done a PCCB upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sezme
Not looking for "Why's" or "Brembo upgrades are cheaper" type comments (please). I just need to know if anyone has done the conversion on a 997.2 S, and if the install was straight forward.

Thanks.....
It would appear, after reading through all these posts, the answer to your original question is no. Suncoast might be your best resource for the answer to your second question though I doubt they've dealt with very many owners of the .2 version that have done what you're attempting... A racing shop might be a good resource for answers. Some of the sponsers of this site, dedicated to race preping Porsches, might be able to address your specific questions.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote=JEllis;2620674]
Originally Posted by yrralis1

Your entire statement is filled with HP to "Brake Power" related jargin. Stock steel brakes with stock HP and BBK with more HP etc etc.....

Bottom line, a BBK would be as advantagous on any other 997 that is driven fast, driven at the track etc etc.... High HP is just not a quantifier for a need for bigger brakes.

You actually have to drive your car faster or harder (track or crazy street driving) to really NEED a BBK regardless of ponies... Thats it, its final, I dont see how this can be disputed.

Jason
I am not disputing the BBK . I never have.

Regarding track events -- I have been considerikng the Miami Mile . They held another one this last Saturday . It's not the type of track event which may interest you but I find the concept more interesting than driving around a track .

I do see now how you may have read my Hp statement as confusing. Since there were so many posts I had no idea where so many got that idea. Either way it has been rephrashed .

I also never claimed to "drive crazy on the streets" but I do feel that a car capable of high speed ought to have the best balance of all its parts .

Old 11-16-2009, 08:20 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=yrralis1;2620804]
Originally Posted by JEllis

I am not disputing the BBK . I never have.

Regarding track events -- I have been considerikng the Miami Mile . They held another one this last Saturday . It's not the type of track event which may interest you but I find the concept more interesting than driving around a track .

I do see now how you may have read my Hp statement as confusing. Since there were so many posts I had no idea where so many got that idea. Either way it has been rephrashed .

I also never claimed to "drive crazy on the streets" but I do feel that a car capable of high speed ought to have the best balance of all its parts .
I would love to do a mile event one day!

I really got interested in racing after A LOT of drag racing both in Michigan at my local track and in Maryland while I was in school. In Highschool and college I had a Pontiac Sunfire GT with a NX Wet Nitrous 75hp shot. It ran 14's, which at the time, was fast for a little compact... especially a GM J-Body.

After that I spent a lot of time perfecting launching and shifting in my M3... of course this all led to AutoX, buying a Porsche, and finally getting on a road course. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, you should really at least try a DE event. You could just do it in the M3 or Civic SI. Either way, you will see the light, as they say.

Jason

Old 11-16-2009, 09:15 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote=JEllis;2620827]
Originally Posted by yrralis1

I would love to do a mile event one day!

I really got interested in racing after A LOT of drag racing both in Michigan at my local track and in Maryland while I was in school. In Highschool and college I had a Pontiac Sunfire GT with a NX Wet Nitrous 75hp shot. It ran 14's, which at the time, was fast for a little compact... especially a GM J-Body.

After that I spent a lot of time perfecting launching and shifting in my M3... of course this all led to AutoX, buying a Porsche, and finally getting on a road course. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, you should really at least try a DE event. You could just do it in the M3 or Civic SI. Either way, you will see the light, as they say.

Jason
The one mile event caught my eye awhile back and thus far i just read the posts and look at the youtube clips . I realize that a stock 911 Turbo is significantly slower than these modified cars which break the Porsche top end numbers even in a one mile run .

Ina track event i feel the PDK car may or may not generate better times than the Turbo but I feel it woild be more fun to drive .

I find myself more interested in the one mile though. It's quick , it's all out , and it takes a lots of guts . The flip side are the realities of insurance coverage , the risk to the car if crashed and most of all safety .

Thus far i have just watched from a distance and read but there are going to be more events like these and I find it very interesting .