997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Center Caps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 07:42 PM
ervjohns is infamous around these parts
New Center Caps

When I ordered my 2009 C4S I thought the color crest option for the center wheel caps was the last thing I would want, and not worth the extra cost.

After living with the car for the last 6 mo. and seeing other examples on this site and others, I realized that the red in the colored caps compliments the red calipers and also matches the crest on the hood.

Ordered a set from Suncoast and made my own tool (see pic)

Insert the "tool" in the 2 small holes in the caps and pull, the caps come off in a snap.

Attached Images    
Old 11-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
No question the colored caps look better. Must be why they give you the black ones for free, cause they know you'll cave in for the colored ones later on. Nice job on the self made removal tool. No need to spend $10 bucks for someone elses bent coat hanger when you can make you're own for free.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 PM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
Looks great! I have the same wheels on my black C2S. The colored crest is definitely the way to go.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
ato911 is infamous around these parts
Yes, color crested wheel caps are a must. Also, you should get some color crested valve stem caps. That looks better than those grey plastic caps that come with the car. Speaking of the valve stem caps, you cannot use metal caps with TPMS. The color crested caps are now made of plastic but look great.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:48 AM
PorscheUSA is infamous around these parts
No question the gold-colored crest looks better than the black ones. But, silver-colored crest on wheel caps will match the silver crest on the hood of my car even better.

Is silver-colored crest on wheel center caps available?

Old 11-17-2009, 10:38 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
It's all in the eye of the beholder. I prefer the monochromatic caps on silver wheels.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:40 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheUSA
No question the gold-colored crest looks better than the black ones. But, silver-colored crest on wheel caps will match the silver crest on the hood of my car even better.

Is silver-colored crest on wheel center caps available?
You can buy them from the OP.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
I'm a bit crazier... Had to have the matching valve caps:

http://www.e-partssales.com/miva/mer...Code=997wheels

Old 11-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Not compatible with the TPMS though

Old 11-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ervjohns
Not compatible with the TPMS though
Thats funny? I have a 997.2 with these caps and they work fine with TPMS.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:34 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Not recommended for wheels with TPMS??? Why would that be? The sensor is in the barrel of the wheel. Very strange.
Very cool cap remover! I've looked at the caps and wondered how they come off. The turbo rims you see have the stock caps, but I have a set of colored caps on my other set of Carrera Classics. I'd love to swap them - I may do the coat hanger trick! They really just snap straight out??

Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Following the link that avmike posted, Suncoast says in their description of the valve caps says not compatible with TPMS

ryem3 - yes, they pop right off

Old 11-20-2009, 12:01 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Thanks for the info. Right, I read the Suncoast description, but it really doesn't make any sense to me. The TPMS would be no more affected if you ran the wheels without caps at all.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
If you think that is cool....just wait. We've been working on something for months. Should have pictures and final beta test units in a week or two.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:55 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
If you think that is cool....just wait. We've been working on something for months. Should have pictures and final beta test units in a week or two.
is that the 'secret' project you were working on for your wheels??? If so, count me in!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Center Caps