997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Poor experience with HRE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Koby is infamous around these parts
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and words of support.

Thanks Alan for looking into this - it really has been a frustrating experience and i do hope you are able to revert with a concrete timeline and suggestion on how to make this right.

these AMT mesh 09 wheels look a LOT like the P40s! and weigh less too! anyone know exactly how much the P40s in 19" weigh? do you order directly with the manufacturer? or do you do it through dealers?

Old 11-17-2009, 10:03 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
koby -- I think this will all work out for you . My wheels were custom built at the time and ordered through the dealership who probably went through one of their distributers and it took some time but was well worth it . In general I expect modifications to take time and I think patience is the key . I really love my Hre wheels .

Sayboy -- Those AMt's look real nice . I had read about them over on the Turbo forum months ago and have always enjoyed reading the insightful posts written by that forum member . Yours is the first post that i have read from an owner but i agree that they appear to be co0nstructed with a lot of thought placed into the material quality .

Old 11-17-2009, 10:16 PM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
Sometimes this happens...and if a supplier messes up....the supply chain breaks. I have HRE's. They are the best. It appears that there is good intent to make things right. There is a reason why you went with the best. They will be worth waiting for. As consumers we do expect good service because we have many chioces. Give HRE a chance in terms of service recovery.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:37 PM
photogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nice
I don't believe HRE are the best, they are very good and nice looking however, but also fairly heavy.
P40 are beautiful, one of the better looking wheels on the market IMO.
Those AMT look great, and are also very light. I wouldn't mind having them, and if they'll make one for M3 they'll be on the top of my list.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:40 PM
photogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nice
Originally Posted by Koby
anyone know exactly how much the P40s in 19" weigh?
Here - they are fairly heavy unfortunately

Old 11-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Koby is infamous around these parts
thanks everyone for your feedback and help. the folks at HRE have been in contact are committed to making it "right" so will post you all off progress... fingers crossed...

thanks again!

Old 01-01-2011, 07:17 PM
SR20dat is infamous around these parts
Agreed

AMT forged alloys are nice. Save you some $$$ too over other brands. Mike Burroughs is knowledgable and provides good service

Old 01-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
If things don't work out, give ISS Forged a call. They were superb to deal with and the wheel quality is top tier. They are definitely not the cheapest but you get the quality and customer service you would expect from this price point. The wheels weighed so little that I initally thought they sent me a smaller wheel when I lifted the box it came in.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:14 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
AMT/Forged Alloy makes GMG's WC Engels both in 5 lug and center lock... They are gorgeous and I have A set

Old 01-02-2011, 05:02 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Majac4122
If things don't work out...
Guys, if after over a year things have not worked out, I would imagine the issue is over with.

Not sure why SR20dat dragged this one up out of the past...

Last edited by stevepow; 01-02-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:48 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Koby,

You might want to call one of their dealers, Wheel Enhancements might have what you are looking for on their floor.
$4.5k+ for 19" forged street rims? CCW makes custom track forged rims for $2800. to each his own...

Old 01-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
Whoa....didn't see the date...I'm sure it's been resolved

Old 01-02-2011, 07:19 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Majac4122
Whoa....didn't see the date...I'm sure it's been resolved

lol....u think?????

slightly dated thread.............

Old 01-07-2011, 04:39 PM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
so i read all of that and got to the end... dated...

anyways a do want to make a simple observation/comment... I believe the HRE's are TUV approved while the AMT's are not (monoblocks) now... it is just an observation... and a standard for safety... which we all know that the Rhineland has the Autobahn and faster speeds... which boils to more safety.... I will leave the rest open ended

Old 01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
so i read all of that and got to the end... dated...

anyways a do want to make a simple observation/comment... I believe the HRE's are TUV approved while the AMT's are not (monoblocks) now... it is just an observation... and a standard for safety... which we all know that the Rhineland has the Autobahn and faster speeds... which boils to more safety.... I will leave the rest open ended
AHEM,
Just to clarify, our company engineers EVERY wheel we produce to the standards set forth by TUV Rheinland. Every single one. Monoblock, 3-piece, No exceptions, none, zero.
There are VERY few wheel companies in the world who can make that statement.
In fact, very few 3-piece wheels sold in the USA will pass the TUV standard because they have no safety beads on the outer rim. Why no safety beads? Because the rims are SPUN, not forged, from cast aluminum.
And there is a reason they call it a "safety bead". It holds the tire on the rim in case of a sudden loss of air pressure (flat tire). Losing the tire is a serious problem at 70 mph. At 140, it could ruin your whole day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poor experience with HRE