997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 06:20 PM
LexGrossman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thor7000
I've been asking the same question now a few times, but can't seem to get an answer...guess my business isn't wanted...
I understand your frustration, but as I understand it, the TPC kit is in final development phase. I'm sure once the kit is fully development and have been tested for quality and performance, the price will be set and released.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thor7000
I've been asking the same question now a few times, but can't seem to get an answer...guess my business isn't wanted...
Pretty tough to come up with a price WHEN it is NOT done yet!
I am sure that TPC's kit will be the best performing for the buck !

Hang tight and let them finish,better they quote you the right price rather than guess....because if they guess they are gonna guess high and THAT would NOT be good for business!

Stacy

Old 01-15-2010, 04:52 AM
thor7000 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by justatoy
Pretty tough to come up with a price WHEN it is NOT done yet!
I am sure that TPC's kit will be the best performing for the buck !

Hang tight and let them finish,better they quote you the right price rather than guess....because if they guess they are gonna guess high and THAT would NOT be good for business!

Stacy
I understand that, but then they should say that pricing is'nt complete yet...instead of asking me to PM/ e-mail without any response!!

Old 01-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
We arent allowed to release pricing in this forum... if you read the guidelines it clearly states that. No advertiser can release prices or their thread will be closed. Feel free to email us if you want pricing.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:14 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
I saw it a few days ago..

Can not wait until I get it back from them!

Great work TPC!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:17 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks John, FWIW we are still tuning at we are at 435whp @ 5psi on 93octane pump fuel... More to go!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:21 AM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Thanks John, FWIW we are still tuning at we are at 435whp @ 5psi on 93octane pump fuel... More to go!
435hp at the wheels for an S, who has 355hp crank stock
That´s ALOT of power, even more than a stock 997.2 Turbo !!!!!

J.Seven

Old 01-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor
we havent even turned it up yet

Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
448 @ 6psi.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Fantastic! . Looking forward to getting one.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is infamous around these parts
This is so much fun to follow. What PSI would youdetermine VERY safe for a 3.6 and at that safe PSI what would you estimate the HP?

Nice work there guys...

Matt (in MA)

Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
448 @ 6psi.
Way 2 go TPC........great numbers!
When you get the chance throw my Gtech I sent you in there and go for a rip in 3rd gear!
I am really curious to see that number......since we can compare data with my OLD supercharger set-up!

Stacy

Old 01-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Matt(in MA)
This is so much fun to follow. What PSI would youdetermine VERY safe for a 3.6 and at that safe PSI what would you estimate the HP?

Nice work there guys...

Matt (in MA)
a comfortable boost pressure for these cars is ~5psi. We allow for boost adjustment but we have cayman S' that have gone 50k+ miles at 6psi.

Casey

Old 01-19-2010, 02:16 AM
dlarigos is infamous around these parts
Casey

The supercharger you have is getiing 507hp. Why would you recomend the sigle turbo kit instead? 6 psi for a 3.8 Litres is safe? the 3.6 litres engine found in the carrera 997 is stronger than the 3.8l in the carrera s.

You comments are very valuable

Old 01-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Former Vendor
The supercharger is inefficient and is significantly more labor to install. The 507 is bhp, not whp. We will likely deliver the 3.8L kit at ~5psi and at 430whp. The turbo system is easily expandable as well. The modification to boost level is done at the turn of a ****, and swapping out turbochargers takes roughly 1.5 hours... we will offer a few different options down the road. Our testing on the 3.6 starts on thursday when we get in a 997 C4 with the engine. I will document that build as well.

Casey

Last edited by TPCRacing; 01-19-2010 at 05:22 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p