997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:47 AM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
If you see a 997 C4 driving south through the snow from Massachusetts on Thursday, that's me! And to those New England folks who though it would be a hassle and $$ to get down and back, it's about an 8 hour drive (or less) and only $50 for a one way flight from BWI to Logan on JetBlue!

Old 01-19-2010, 11:31 AM
antinul is infamous around these parts
Are there any FI kits for a 3.8 997.2?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Finishing all of the non-dfi cars first... then the 997.2S and then the 987.2S

Casey

Old 01-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute

Not that you can really tell but this is the 2wd car that had the evo blower on it... This one will be fun anyway, we are thinking of doing a reduced price pre-order... approx delivery would be in ~90 days... Anyone interested? If so i will see what we can put together.

Casey

EDIT: Also got the pieces back for the rear bumper brace. Will take photos of it installed on the 4wd car.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is infamous around these parts
Marathon Bob -

I'm in MA (about 25 miles west of Boston) -safe trip down and best of luck. Once you return it would be my pleasure to buy you and beer and hear what you think of the kit. I have a C2 and am considering this system.

Keep us posted!

Best

Matt (in MA)

Old 01-20-2010, 10:07 AM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Matt(in MA)
Marathon Bob -

I'm in MA (about 25 miles west of Boston) -safe trip down and best of luck. Once you return it would be my pleasure to buy you and beer and hear what you think of the kit. I have a C2 and am considering this system.

Keep us posted!

Best

Matt (in MA)
Ditto to what Matt said. I'm especially curious as to how the system will be for driving around Boston (as you guys know, it can be interesting). Hey Matt, have I've seen a black cab roaming around the last few weeks, any chance that was you?

Old 01-20-2010, 12:17 PM
blown996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Matt(in MA)
Marathon Bob -

Keep us posted!

Best

Matt (in MA)
We might have to get all the Boston area people together. We can do a side by side comparison of the turbo kit and my little supercharged 3.4l.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:29 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blown996
We might have to get all the Boston area people together. We can do a side by side comparison of the turbo kit and my little supercharged 3.4l.
All it needs is a person who will have enough time and energy to organize this I guess.

Devens auto-x season opens soon - it is quite a perfect place I guess. Not sure if we have any other racing tracks close to Boston.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:44 PM
blown996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by utkinpol
All it needs is a person who will have enough time and energy to organize this I guess.

Devens auto-x season opens soon - it is quite a perfect place I guess. Not sure if we have any other racing tracks close to Boston.
Theres always NHMS in NH.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:51 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blown996
Theres always NHMS in NH.
True, but it is a bit far, plus for DE alone it may be difficult to get a lot of folks together considering limited availability, required inspection, fees, etc.
Devens is open practically every weekend and most clubs allow us (NER/NCR) to participate.

But like I said - it requires a person to organize this - so, go ahead!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor
The guys over on the cayman club north east forum always organize rallys and track days. Maybe you should try to talk with them.

Casey

Old 01-20-2010, 04:32 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing

Not that you can really tell but this is the 2wd car that had the evo blower on it... This one will be fun anyway, we are thinking of doing a reduced price pre-order... approx delivery would be in ~90 days... Anyone interested? If so i will see what we can put together.

Casey

EDIT: Also got the pieces back for the rear bumper brace. Will take photos of it installed on the 4wd car.
Casey and guys at TPC...... this IS GREAT news for the 997 community!
I have a feeling you are going to sell a bunch!

At first I was hoping you guys were going to do a twin set-up BUT I thought about it....why would you?
After-all we are limited by the amount of boost we can push,so WHY add the extra weight....?
Nice work guys and I LOVE this pic!

Gotta love the guys who pioneer this NEW stuff.....thanks TPC!

Stacy

PS I can tell it was an EVO blower on that car...wanna know how?
Look at the decklid...small dent on the inner panel from the charger hitting it!
NOW give me my detective badge !

Last edited by justatoy; 01-20-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:16 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Matt (in MA), Utkinpol, theaxleman, blown996,

When I get my C4 back and when there's no snow on the road, I'll have no problem getting together for a beer and an inspection, probably in reverse order. Heck, maybe if I can get a deal from TPC on a new clutch, I'll give out test drives!

9 PM EST now on Wednesday. I'm planning on getting up at around 3 AM and hitting the road early for my trip to TPC Racing. I have my car garaged for the winter on the Cape, where fortunately the roads are clear right now. Took the cover off tonight, it's all waxed, cleaned and vacuumed. That new car look will be gone soon as I hit the road.

Jessup or bust.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Former Vendor
Looking forward to meeting you Bob.

Casey

Old 01-21-2010, 06:10 AM
Former Vendor
Stole this from the cayman forum but here is an update from 55k miles of driving on a cayman turbo system...

I've been communicating various people this summer and have not spent as much time at this site because of the pure enjoyment of driving my car with TPC's ATP 2 turbo system -- which has almost sated my thirst for more.

1. I currently have 55,000 miles with my turbo system. As you may recall, TPC also did a fair amount of work on the underneath my car as well.

2. All summer, I used 100 octane --- felt good, but not sure after awhile if any significant gains -- but some. Kinda like the old days with my Milteck system and flash --- you want to believe -- BUT

3. My oldest daughter's boyfriend took my car to the track (he is a vette owner) and did the quarter mile in 11.67 . I did not post as I cannot find the slip and do not want to argue with any naysayers..... I might have to practice a little to meet his shifting skills and I also outweigh him by 80 lbs.

4. Interesting that I burnt thru my ps2's in one 7 month season and I am still on my original Michelin snows --- treads are still almost new after 12 total winter months --- much of it dry and cold....

After reading Schwabe's comments with the new up mapping system, boost levels and headers, (without the larger turbo) I have decided to take the next step. So here we go again:

1. I am going to have the new mapping system, catless headers, the larger turbo and boost control installed in March.

2. I am currently at 431 whp with 341 torque at 5 lbs of boost.

3. After talking to Tom --- my expectations are to hit 480 whp and 380 torque. --- you do the math for bhp.... My main interest is the mid range response, which I hear is much better than what I have now...... so we will overlay my latest dyno with the new one after install.

4. Mike is going to detail my car to death and analyze any problems---- power loss, engine components, oil analysis, etc. He will post the results when finished. My car is a daily driver, but the mileage is signifiant and they want to use it as a barometer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p