997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 05:00 PM
silk is infamous around these partssilk is infamous around these parts
Thank you Casey, I do frequently take it up pass 240kms and some track days. I use better brake fluid and pads. It is just not as fast as I expected. I went out with a 996tt (with slight modification), I can't keep up :-( !!

Old 01-25-2010, 05:01 PM
silk is infamous around these partssilk is infamous around these parts
Yesterday, I went to clean the KnN air filter, it is full of mud !!

Old 01-28-2010, 07:03 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
I apologize for the lack of updates, have had some family stuff come up lately that has kept me from work. Got in a 997.2 PDK that we are fitting the system to along with our 997.2 manual trans car. Should be interesting. Also pictured here is Markar's Millenium car(which i have not seen one in years)... Also, we have Marathon Bob's 997 C4. Pretty awesome rides. Anyway. I will post up as many pictures and videos as possible.

Here is a link to our new newsletter sign up...

http://www.tpcracing.net/phplist/?p=subscribe&id=1

Here are the pictures!

Old 01-28-2010, 08:25 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
No. Because your current brakes, when applied hard enough will lock your wheels and your tires will lose their grip. So how would bigger, stronger brakes help you if your tires don't have traction?

Obviously, bigger brakes can be of benefit due to better heat dissipation duing tracking or extrememely aggressive street driving, but that has nothing to do with whether or not your car is supercharged.
I agree for the most part. For those that will never hit the track, the stock brakes are more than sufficient. You won't hit the brakes hard enough or repeatedly in a short amount of time to notice the improvement.

I never had issues till I went to the track. Where I quickly learned that the upgraded suspension and supercharger were overwhelming what the stock brakes were able to handle. It resulted in brake fade,boiling fluid, and reduced stopping distances. Essentially I was running the stock brakes at about 99%. Racing fluid and pagid yellows helped, but they were still being overtaxed.

I just went to 996 6-piston GT3 brakes. Big difference. Hard stopping and no fade under repeated track abuse. I'm looking forward to taking the car to the short track at Sebring in March where I can really abuse the brakes

Old 01-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by silk
Yesterday, I went to clean the KnN air filter, it is full of mud !!
If your K&N is that dirty, make sure you also clean the MAF. Chances are something got through.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:53 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
John,
Have you gotten your car back yet?????

Old 01-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
John,
Have you gotten your car back yet?????
We are nearly finished. His car is different because he has an aftermarket bumper so we needed to get the brace and the mounting done to fit his specific bumper. Tuning is 98% done... just the final touch now.

Casey

Old 01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
HEHE

I just need that 2% work done!!

Thanks!

Old 01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor
what, you couldnt drive it today anyway!

Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
I will swing by tomorrow to drop of my arms and legs.. AGAIN... LOL jk

Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor
Here are some pictures from today... hard to differentiate the cars, but this is Bob's car getting the lines run for the front rad...

edit, bob, proud of you for keeping this thing so darn clean!

Last edited by TPCRacing; 02-01-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:27 AM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Casey,
After getting my spotless car out of the garage at 3:30 in the morning and driving 450 miles to TPC on salt covered roads, I drove 2 miles right past your shop, to the touchless car wash and then brought it in.
Bob

Old 02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MarathonBob
Casey,
After getting my spotless car out of the garage at 3:30 in the morning and driving 450 miles to TPC on salt covered roads, I drove 2 miles right past your shop, to the touchless car wash and then brought it in.
Bob
Reading this brings TEARS of happiness to my eyes!
And NOT the fact he drove it on crappy roads but rather straight to the car wash!
Congrats on the FI set-up...BUT better yet CONGRATS on such a CLEAN CAR!

Stacy

Old 02-01-2010, 04:53 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Better for the car, better for the TPC mechanics and that all makes the returned Porsche better for me! Only wish I had a hose and a clean sponge handy in Jessup, MD and I wouldn't have gone near the car wash, but there's a first time for everything.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Former Vendor
Bob, you get my email about suspension and spring rates today?

Casey

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p