997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 05:15 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Hi Casey,

Yes. And for the other folks on the list, I'm thinking through a few other TPC options while my car is in pieces at TPC. I'd welcome everyone's input. I have an limited budget so here's my current thinking in order of priority.

#1 TPC Stage 1 suspension setup w/sway bars and drop links.

#2 TPC Stage 2 suspension setup adding lowering springs and toe links.

(I think my non S model in particular needs a tighter setup if I'm going to take advantage of the added horsepower)

#3 Front radiator grills in special consideration of the new front radiator. This is to keep road debris from denting up the radiators and because I'm shallow and think they look cool! I noticed in this month's Excellence both GT3's tested in the cover story had grills. There's a couple of options here including the Carneval grills which go behind the bumper and the mime gallery grills which go in front of the bumper and are much cheaper to buy and install. And I know there's the $5 Home Depot screen kit but the Mimi solution is about $250 so maybe I can get out of this without too much expense.

#4 Upgraded Clutch. While I know my stock non S clutch will be overwhelmed with the added horsepower, I'm leaning away from this at this point as the clutch will still work some more and then I can replace it without incurring any real damage to the car (maybe a tow?), hence deferring the expense.

#5 Lightweight Flywheel. I'd certainly consider doing this together with #4 and TPC seems to have a strong bundle here, but in my limited experience driving cars with LWFW, they seem less driveable in day to day driving (experienced stalls in Boston's notorious bumper to bumper traffic).

So.... unless Casey makes me a killer offer on #4 and #5 (TPC Northeast demo boy?!), I'll probably skip these for now.

What are your thoughts on my priorities?

Thanks,
Bob

Old 02-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
sent.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is infamous around these parts
Bob -

You've got some great choices to make. I think you nailed it in bullet #5 with regard to driving here in Boston - traffic traffic everywhere. That fact for me would impact my decisions with regard to bullets # 1 & 2 - we know the roads are wicked bad around here. #3 might be well worth doing with all the junk on the roads around here including tons of sand etc...

Sounds like the guys at TPC are making some excellent suggestions and I like how they look at the overall package. Seems like you can't lose

Best

Matt (in MA)

Old 02-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
We have apologized to John for the delay, but here is an update. Getting peak HP is easy, but getting off and on throttle drivability is the hard part. Snow in MD has kept us off of the road... but we have one big trick up our sleeve... coming soon

Old 02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
OMG! I went there today to drop of some G's.. LOL

they were dyno'ing the other C2S with TPC turbo, it was amazing.

I wish to see mine on the dyno, but it is the same set-up, it was just plain sick.

3 map selection + boost controller options are also big plus, when you need that quick power or valet parking at the party.

very nicely done TPC!

PS: Mike is going to the Sebring race this weekend, we all wish him the best luck!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 AM
gnathologist is infamous around these parts
Hey John,

I know it's been snowing a lot lately, but have you picked up your car, yet?
Let me know if you're ok with giving me a ride in your Turbo. I would love to feel the boost and see how I like it

Seung

Old 02-12-2010, 03:49 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Matt(in MA)
Bob -

You've got some great choices to make. I think you nailed it in bullet #5 with regard to driving here in Boston - traffic traffic everywhere. That fact for me would impact my decisions with regard to bullets # 1 & 2 - we know the roads are wicked bad around here. #3 might be well worth doing with all the junk on the roads around here including tons of sand etc...
Good points all around. I've spent some time with a LWFW and found it to be a rather easy transition to make, but please take into account it was not in a p-car. I do think it may be a bit of a pain in the *** for you if you regularly get stuck down by Fanueil Hall around 6 o'clock. I'd definitely go for #3, as i have cleaned out that area plenty of times (definitely do not hesitate if you put on one of TPC's suspension stages and drop the car). Just my two cents....bet the anticipation is hurtin'.

Regards,

Alex

Old 02-13-2010, 08:46 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
PICKING MY MONSTER UP ON TUESDAY!!!!!!
OMG I CANT WAIT!!!
sorry for the cap..

I have new front bumper and wheels waiting for my car to get home!

Old 02-13-2010, 08:55 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^John - Congrats bud. The DAMN weather in the Mid-Atlantic has absolutely F'd my ability to truly enjoy the car. It's at IMA getting a Boost Controller on it and seriously can't wait for all of us to get together and finally get to enjoy our new beasts!!!! Hope all is well buddy!!!!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Berk,

Thanks, good luck to you too!!!

I can not wait till I get my car back!! We will get together soon when the weather is allowed.

I got EVO X MR for a daily, OMG I love this car too! very well in snow!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:42 PM
gnathologist is infamous around these parts
John,

It's going to be fun! It's nice to see your car going through so many changes since the last time I saw it
Hope your business is doing well.

Please give me a ride!!! I'm asking it for the second time on this thread!

Seung

Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor
Coming close to finish tuning on our programmable MAF(programmed by us, not you). Was on the dyno this morning and got some more great results. I am working on cutting an entire release together.

Casey

Old 02-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gnathologist
John,

It's going to be fun! It's nice to see your car going through so many changes since the last time I saw it
Hope your business is doing well.

Please give me a ride!!! I'm asking it for the second time on this thread!

Seung
You can always just stop up here!

Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM
gnathologist: Mike can give you a ride in my car, more "manly" than I can do..

BUT, once I get used to my car with this massive power, I can definitely give you a ride!! hit me up!

Old 02-15-2010, 11:42 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Coming close to finish tuning on our programmable MAF(programmed by us, not you). Was on the dyno this morning and got some more great results. I am working on cutting an entire release together.

Casey

This sounds like a great idea when increasing boost....!
Top secret info right there,LOL........

Nice work as always Casey and TPC!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p