997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:44 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing

We will be offering routine switching and boost control capable of 100oct settings at 7psi... The max power level with the standard turbo charger will be ~460whp.
The 'BEST' part of your statement Casey......LOL!!!
I guess that is what is nice about turbo.....very easily switched between boost levels!?

Stacy

Old 02-18-2010, 05:15 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Impressive performance. Was the same car used for all three tests?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Impressive performance. Was the same car used for all three tests?
No,

The ex-blown car actually has significantly more hp as it is equipped with a boost controller, it now has over 450whp... Will have some dynos of that coming soon.

Casey

Old 02-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
More pictures...

Nick is jigging up Bob's 3.6 System...

Rear of Bob's Car...

John's car getting wired for the boost controller.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:36 AM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
LOL Somebody is gonna get excited!!! haha
I remember when I first saw the picture of my car with those long tubes + round thing... haha I almost wet myself.. anyways, always good work!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
JH90742 is infamous around these parts
I've heard great news about this !

Old 02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Hi Casey,
Thanks for the pics. Exciting stuff. Can you clarify if there's a single exhaust outlet on each side of the muffler? ... I think one large exhaust outlet looks even better than the two per side with one of them merely cosmetic. But I'll take whatever Mike designs!

Keep the pictures coming. Also looking forward to 3.6l specific dyno runs.

Bob

Old 02-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MarathonBob
Hi Casey,
Thanks for the pics. Exciting stuff. Can you clarify if there's a single exhaust outlet on each side of the muffler? ... I think one large exhaust outlet looks even better than the two per side with one of them merely cosmetic. But I'll take whatever Mike designs!

Keep the pictures coming. Also looking forward to 3.6l specific dyno runs.

Bob

Bob, your car will be equipped with grapefruit shooters. I am borrowing them from Stacy.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:29 AM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
Hey Casey, are you guys still fabricating parts to fit or have you finalized the design such that one could order a kit and install DIY style like Cattman/Stacy? What do you anticipate the install time will be.

This kit looks awesome!

Old 02-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is infamous around these parts
Dang that is looking great! Bob you must be going nuts waiting

Matt (in MA)

Old 02-20-2010, 06:22 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Looking for the cold weather to end so I can get my Porsche back and enjoy the ride. Exhaust looks awesome. I still have to sort out what suspension work I'll have done - I do think these turbo'd cars need a better than stock suspension.

When I get the car back and it's warm enough (think spring), we'll have to get the Massachusetts crowd together for beer.

Bob

Old 02-20-2010, 06:41 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Looking for the cold weather to end so I can get my Porsche back and enjoy the ride. Exhaust looks awesome. I still have to sort out what suspension work I'll have done - I do think these turbo'd cars need a better than stock suspension.

When I get the car back and it's warm enough (think spring), we'll have to get the Massachusetts crowd together for beer.

Bob
Hey Bob,

Stacy here!
I have Gtech sitting down there with Casey....if you want use it to run your car when it is done......let me know IF and I will PM you the details of what to do!

Last edited by justatoy; 02-20-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi Stacy,
Sure thing. Please send me the details. Really appreciate it.
Bob

Old 02-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi Stacy,
Sure thing. Please send me the details. Really appreciate it.
Bob
Bob,

PM sent...I am really curious to how well the TPC turbo will do.....BIG numbers/PSI of boost I bet!

Stacy

Old 02-21-2010, 11:52 AM
blown996 is infamous around these parts

Bob
Hey Bob. For what it's worth I have PSS9's and H&R sway bars and the car rides fine on our lousy streets. Completly changes the feel of the car, especialy at speed. During track season I set the shocks real stiff and still drve the car to work a few days a week. I also have the LWFW. You wont even know the difference after an hour of driving, even in Boston traffic. Cant wait to go for a ride in your car!

Phil

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p