997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MLindgren
Hey Casey, are you guys still fabricating parts to fit or have you finalized the design such that one could order a kit and install DIY style like Cattman/Stacy? What do you anticipate the install time will be.

This kit looks awesome!
Thanks for the interest. We are approx 45 days out from being able to mail order the systems(pre-production) but with proper excellent fitment. The actual production system is ~60-90 days away. The systems will be identical in fitment, however the production system is mush shinier.

Install will be ~30 hours.

Regards,
Casey

Old 02-22-2010, 06:43 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing

Install will be ~30 hours.

Regards,
Casey
Why is the labor so high? That's about double what the supercharger was. Especially when it looks to be a simpler, more efficient install versus the supercharger.

Also, where is the intake for this setup and what is involved with getting to it for servicing?

Old 02-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Why is the labor so high? That's about double what the supercharger was. Especially when it looks to be a simpler, more efficient install versus the supercharger.

Also, where is the intake for this setup and what is involved with getting to it for servicing?
The air intake is located here...

That is before we tricked up the MAF. Quite easy to reach, just take off the inside of the fender well.

Our SC kit was over 40 hours to install. We like porsche, always quote conservatively when it comes to power and install times..

Under Promise, Over Deliver.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:14 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
wouldn't the tires kick up a bunch of stuff into the filter? On my car I can see the mufflers

Old 02-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Former Vendor
You wont have an issue. We have already done the testing.

Casey

Old 02-23-2010, 06:05 AM
No Name is infamous around these partsNo Name is infamous around these parts
Is this the same "TPC" that use to be located in the MD/DE area in the 90's?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by No Name
Is this the same "TPC" that use to be located in the MD/DE area in the 90's?
MD, Since 1988

http://www.tpcracing.com/info/about-us

Old 02-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Is Tom still there?

Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Former Vendor
Sure is.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Wow, hard to believe! You guys did a turbo/intercooler upgrade on my customized white 930 slant many, many, years ago. Tom gave me a licese plate frame to put on my car, which I installed for the hell of it.

About a year or two later I had the car parked at Lime Rock Park (in CT) with a bunch of other guys from the PCA. I guess someone went nuts over the car and called TPC since he saw your name on the plate frame. Tom later called me out of the blue to say thanks since the guy called TPC for more info on my car (even though you guys only did the turbo/IC on it, but he didn't know that) and ultimately had some major work done on his own car.

I totally forgot about this until I saw your thread. I'm sure Tom wouldn't remember this after all these years, but if you think about it, tell him Scot from CT said hello!

Old 02-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor
I will tell him that, Thanks Scott!

Casey

Old 02-23-2010, 11:40 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lakercarrera
wouldn't the tires kick up a bunch of stuff into the filter? On my car I can see the mufflers
I also do not understand - what if you drive over a deep puddle? filter will be all soaked in water.

Or is there some sort of protection box around this filter? how is it protected from any projectiles that may be lifted and thrown by rear tires?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor
Edited what I wrote: When the production system debuts you will see our answer.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 02-23-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor
For Enquiring minds:

Here is the system we are using on all of the cars that are currently being fitted to all of the cars on the shop. Completely shields the filter from rocks/debris and water.

Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2010, 02:41 PM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
Saying it wont get any dust, is like passing the exhaust pipe on top of the driver seat, and saying it wont get your *** grilled ...Sorry Casey, couldn´t resist.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p