997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Dust is the filters problem. The barrier is for rocks and small woodland creatures.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:33 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
For Enquiring minds:

Here is the system we are using on all of the cars that are currently being fitted to all of the cars on the shop. Completely shields the filter from rocks/debris and water.
The first pic of nothing protecting the air filter kinda worried me a bit Casey....but the second pic with the protection panel made sense.
I have seen this same sort of idea used in some of the NSX's that were turbo charged and it worked great!
Only difference was that the NSX used a metal shield bent around the filter,the TPC way is actually more protected.

And if you go through a puddle DEEP enough to saturate the filter with that protection.....I think the filter may be the least of your worries!
Just MHO..!

Stacy

PS Casey get one of these cars Gtech'd PLEASE!

Last edited by justatoy; 02-23-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:44 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
I am really interested in this. it seems like an amazing upgrade. where can i find out more about the price and such?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Feel free to drop us an email in regard to pricing but it will be along the lines of our current turbo system for the 987S... By the way. We just rolled out our highest HP 3.4L 987S yesterday. 477whp @ 6.2psi on vp109... see attached pdf. The dyno is SAE corrected btw. By the way. The car that made the 477whp has been turbo'd for over 50k miles, has 65XXX on it now. Clean oil as well via Blackstone

Attached Files

Last edited by TPCRacing; 02-24-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: milage editing
Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 AM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Feel free to drop us an email in regard to pricing but it will be along the lines of our current turbo system for the 987S... By the way. We just rolled out our highest HP 3.4L 987S yesterday. 477whp @ 6.2psi on vp109... see attached pdf. The dyno is SAE corrected btw. By the way. The car that made the 477whp has been turbo'd for over 50k miles, has 65XXX on it now. Clean oil as well via Blackstone
that is amazing!!!!!! i sent an email on the TPC website. Do you get any turbo lag with this system? I know that was a benefit of having twin turbos. you would get less lag but im not sure how that works with this new system. Also im in florida, does the install have to be done at your shop? or you think a local motor-sports such as vortex would be able to do the job?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor
We have some installers that we recommend in FL. You can see from the dyno sheets that the power is quite linear. With proper tuning and turbo build a lot of the lag can be erased, for the most part.

Casey

Old 02-25-2010, 03:08 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
OMG! I just got a phone call from Tom @ TPC, my car is really close from finishing stage!
Tomorrow @ 4pm I will have it in my garage..... I dont think I can sleep tonight..
Wish me a luck tomorrow not getting any speeding ticket!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
adam89911 is infamous around these parts
Your Car

I was at TPC today and saw Mike tuning your car. You will be very happy on the drive home.

Congrats!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:32 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
LOL its only like 15 min drive home..

I might take some detour!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:39 PM
adam89911 is infamous around these parts
Your Drive Home

Just stay off of I95, there are many State Troopers just waiting for you to open her up and see what she will do.

I have experience with them so trust me!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:45 PM
haha good to know..

I will update this thread once I get my car back...

Old 02-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
OMG! I just got a phone call from Tom @ TPC, my car is really close from finishing stage!
Tomorrow @ 4pm I will have it in my garage..... I dont think I can sleep tonight..
Wish me a luck tomorrow not getting any speeding ticket!
u must let me know how you like it when you pick up your car! i am excited for you LOL seriously though i cant wait to hear a review.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:51 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
haha good to know..

I will update this thread once I get my car back...

Tik , toc.........

Old 02-26-2010, 07:21 PM
DUDE..... OMG...

This car feels 500% different than stock no kidding.

I am scared now, so only running in LOW setting on the boost controller.

The car goes sideways at 100 mph EVEN MY CAR IS C4S!!! AWD!!!

Pros:
The car punches instantly with a tap of gas pedal, boost in INSTANT and STEADY all the way, 20-100 mph feels like nothing, Highly recommend to all 996/997 owners.
The numbers dont justify the power of this car. I am overall 110% happy with the result, their customer service is top notch, Mike the owner went every single aspect of the car, Tom the GM took care of the billing silky smooth, other crew members feel like family now.

Cons:.................
.... NOTHING!!!

Can not be happier than that. it sucks that I am stuck here at work, my car needs to be driven more often now!! (I put 3k in 1 year...... shame on me).

I am going to be at IMA meet tomorrow, see what their FI kit makes on 996's. I will update some pictures and video soon!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:38 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
DUDE..... OMG...

This car feels 500% different than stock no kidding.

I am scared now, so only running in LOW setting on the boost controller.

The car goes sideways at 100 mph EVEN MY CAR IS C4S!!! AWD!!!

Pros:
The car punches instantly with a tap of gas pedal, boost in INSTANT and STEADY all the way, 20-100 mph feels like nothing, Highly recommend to all 996/997 owners.
The numbers dont justify the power of this car. I am overall 110% happy with the result, their customer service is top notch, Mike the owner went every single aspect of the car, Tom the GM took care of the billing silky smooth, other crew members feel like family now.

Cons:.................
.... NOTHING!!!

Can not be happier than that. it sucks that I am stuck here at work, my car needs to be driven more often now!! (I put 3k in 1 year...... shame on me).

I am going to be at IMA meet tomorrow, see what their FI kit makes on 996's. I will update some pictures and video soon!
UPDATE with a Gtech reading.........

Casey has MY Gtech there(at the shop) and you are welcome to use it!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p