997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:41 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
DUDE..... OMG...

This car feels 500% different than stock no kidding.

I am scared now, so only running in LOW setting on the boost controller.

The car goes sideways at 100 mph EVEN MY CAR IS C4S!!! AWD!!!

Pros:
The car punches instantly with a tap of gas pedal, boost in INSTANT and STEADY all the way, 20-100 mph feels like nothing, Highly recommend to all 996/997 owners.
The numbers dont justify the power of this car. I am overall 110% happy with the result, their customer service is top notch, Mike the owner went every single aspect of the car, Tom the GM took care of the billing silky smooth, other crew members feel like family now.

Cons:.................
.... NOTHING!!!

Can not be happier than that. it sucks that I am stuck here at work, my car needs to be driven more often now!! (I put 3k in 1 year...... shame on me).

I am going to be at IMA meet tomorrow, see what their FI kit makes on 996's. I will update some pictures and video soon!
Where and when is the IMA meet?

Old 02-26-2010, 08:25 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
DUDE..... OMG...

This car feels 500% different than stock no kidding.

I am scared now, so only running in LOW setting on the boost controller.

The car goes sideways at 100 mph EVEN MY CAR IS C4S!!! AWD!!!

Pros:
The car punches instantly with a tap of gas pedal, boost in INSTANT and STEADY all the way, 20-100 mph feels like nothing, Highly recommend to all 996/997 owners.
The numbers dont justify the power of this car. I am overall 110% happy with the result, their customer service is top notch, Mike the owner went every single aspect of the car, Tom the GM took care of the billing silky smooth, other crew members feel like family now.

Cons:.................
.... NOTHING!!!

Can not be happier than that. it sucks that I am stuck here at work, my car needs to be driven more often now!! (I put 3k in 1 year...... shame on me).

I am going to be at IMA meet tomorrow, see what their FI kit makes on 996's. I will update some pictures and video soon!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!

BANNNEDDD??????? Chuck, WTF IS GOIN ON????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????

Old 02-26-2010, 08:39 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Very impressive! Can't wait to hear more real world success stories!

Old 02-27-2010, 05:20 AM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
So we are at ~$7500 for the kit. What is the typical installation cost? Can I have a local do it?

Very cool.

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thebland
So we are at ~$7500 for the kit. What is the typical installation cost? Can I have a local do it?

Very cool.

Thanks!
That is not the price for the system that is installed on Johns car. If you would like accurate pricing info please email us at info@tpcracing.net We do have many authorized installers. Please contact us for more details.

Casey

Old 02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
YAY I am not banned anymore!!

Ok it was real nice meeting everyone at IMA, great shop, great people, great cars, great food as well!

It has been exactly 100 miles since the turbo kit, I am very satisfied with its performance + reliability. Even Mike was not 100% finished with the tune, the car feels strong enough to eat stock or little modded 997TT ALIVE!!!

I am bring the car back to TPC on monday or tuesday to finish some fine tune at low RPM + idle. I did not have chance to take photos or videos since today was so freaking busy,
also had some issue.............
........ Long story short,
the car stopped in the middle of I-495 inner loop, no gas pedal, no ignition... I was like F*CK!!!!! TPC TPC TPC TPC!!!! HAHA and I called Mike, explained him the situation (great customer service right there, even on weekend), after a few examinations... guess what.... I ran out of GAS!!! haha I was having too much fun didnt even have chance to look at the gas gauge.. LOL I felt so dumb. Mike even offered me to get me a gas.
It was funny when Dominic (TPC Turbo Cayman) flies by me, and stopped, offered me gas.. it was a one lucky day for me!!!

sorry for long boring story, I hope you all enjoy ur weekend!!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:02 PM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
Hi, enjoy your car in good health.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:38 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
I will try!!! haha

Old 02-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Hope to have the official release coming this week along with pricing details... Should keep us busy

Old 02-28-2010, 10:20 AM
I will get some quality videos up by end of next week, I need to get my car tire balanced and wheel aligned.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
I just had a great chat with Casey on the phone....outstanding individual...excellent business approach and one who cares....about customers and 6sp.
Thanks Casey.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:45 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IB Tim
I just had a great chat with Casey on the phone....outstanding individual...excellent business approach and one who cares....about customers and 6sp.
Thanks Casey.
I have had numerous talks via phone and emails with Casey as well..........have to agree.....he is an outstanding individual!
A great asset to TPC for sure!

Stacy

Old 02-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks gentleman...

Old 02-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
definitely runs better ... with gas, nice meeting you John ...

Dominic

Old 02-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey! :0 haha it definitely runs 110% better !
You, sir, are my lift saver from now on! (It was so scared from sitting in that lane with cars going 100 mph 2 ft away from me.. on the side.. haha I even got under the car looked and unplug + plugged TPMS sensor wires, no kidding i almost sh*i myself..... haha MAD props to you Dominic!)

edit: as a side note, I saw alot of nice cars on i-495.. I never pay that much attention to the cars driving on highway, I saw Farrari f-40, 2 GTRs, couple 997 + turbos, AND TPC TURBO'ed CAYMAN!! guess whos car that was..LOL)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p