997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Bobs will be the first 3.6L Manual Trans completed.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute

Not that it is easy to distinguish between cars... But this is MarathonBob's C4 3.6L

Ben and Mike hung the turbo system on the car moments before I took this picture. The Hard pieces have already been done(front mount rad/injectors/boost controller).

So. Everything should be in place and the car will be running w/ a file in it by the end of the day tomorrow and depending on how crummy the weather is this weekend Mike might begin the tuning process this weekend or early next week!

Old 03-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor

Further along.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:10 AM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
it made 309 solid whp before turbo, with following mods:
AWE mufflers. AWE headers, AWE cats, AWE software, K&N intake.

now, with TPC turbo kit, I got rid of everything above, I am sure pure 997S puts down around 250-260 on their dyno, so over 200+ gain on this turbo kit.. pretty insane.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I am confused.
You are saying that your 997S was at 260 rwhp stock, then 309 rwhp mufflers, headers, cats, and softwear? You are saying that those mods gained your 49 rwhp? That would shock me.

And now with the Turbo you are saying you are at 500 RWHP?
Am I reading this correctly?
CATTMAN

Old 03-14-2010, 02:07 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
Originally Posted by Cattman
I am confused.
You are saying that your 997S was at 260 rwhp stock, then 309 rwhp mufflers, headers, cats, and softwear? You are saying that those mods gained your 49 rwhp? That would shock me.

CATTMAN
Let me get this straight so I dont confuse people.

My car "WOULD" put down stock 260-ish at the wheel, without any modification,
this is from my own knowledge or guesstimating, so it would be give and take 10-15 hp plus or minus.
AWE claims their 997.1S puts down 307 hp and with their AWE cats, headers, mufflers, puts down 341 hp , so yes their system gives you 33.7hp without GIAC chip and INTAKE which I had. so 49 hp gain with AWE full exhaust system + GIAC chip + intake makes some sense.

Now that being said, my car "ONLY" put down 309 whp on TPC dyno with all the modification that I stated above, which is kind of hard to compare their turbo kit gain on my car because I did not have a "pure" baseline curve. BUT, my car ONLY put down 467 whp with their turbo kit on LOW(4.5-5.0 psi) boost setting. with HIGH setting (6.5 psi*) and race gas, it would put down 500+ whp.

Last edited by aznevoviii; 03-14-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:15 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
I am confused.

CATTMAN

Originally Posted by aznevoviii
Let me get this straight so I dont confuse people.

My car "WOULD" put down stock 260-ish at the wheel, without any modification,
this is from my own knowledge or guesstimating, so it would be give and take 10-15 hp plus or minus.
AWE claims their 997.1S puts down 307 hp and with their AWE cats, headers, mufflers, puts down 341 hp , so yes their system gives you 33.7hp without GIAC chip and INTAKE which I had. so 49 hp gain with AWE full exhaust system + GIAC chip + intake makes some sense.

Now that being said, my car "ONLY" put down 309 whp on TPC dyno with all the modification that I stated above, which is kind of hard to compare their turbo kit gain on my car because I did not have a "pure" baseline curve. BUT, my car ONLY put down 467 whp with their turbo kit on LOW(4.5-5.0 psi) boost setting. with HIGH setting (6.5 psi*) and race gas, it would put down 500+ whp.
I would have to agree with Cattman ...I think your guesstimate IS LOW of the stock set-up...

You also say that they made 467 RWHP with 4.5-5 PSI of boost.............here they did the test with your car @ 4.67 PSI of boost and it made 409.51 RWHP.......NOT the 467 RWHP you state above!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...2-post370.html

On the few cars that I have tested WITH FI,we have been making anywhere from 22-25 RWHP/PSI of boost.

IMO I think even with 6.5 PSI(with race gas) that you will not crack the 500 RWHP mark BUT that is just my opinion and for TPC I hope I am wrong and they do!
I love what TPC is doing these days BUT I am also realistic about it!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-14-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:23 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I agree with Stacy. The majority of measurements taken with the Gtech have shown NET horsepower of stock S cars is a little over 290 HP. Achieving only 260 RWHP would suggest a loss of 95 HP in the drive train.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:49 PM
hey stacy, thanks for chime in.

I need to make this clear, 467 whp was not a "guess" number.. LOL
409.51 was made to the wheel with no accurate tune, they just slap on the turbo kit, ran with Cayman's map, and it made 409.51.

with Mike's infinite trials on dyno and street tuning + secret tuning with their own MAF,, it finally made 467 at the wheel with the same boost. There is NO way to pull a slightly modified 997TT with 409 whp... LOL. Anyways, more dyno time to come with race gas tune + higher boost, prepare to wet your pants.. :P

Old 03-14-2010, 04:53 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Since my car is now on the surgeon's table, I sure hope Mike and team have dyno'd the car before the turbo and then again, after the turbo is installed and tuned. My car is a stock 997 3.6l so presuming TPC dyno'd the car before the install, we'll have some good comparison numbers. Hopefully we'll see those numbers posted this week. I'm anxious to get my car back!

409.51 was made to the wheel with no accurate tune, they just slap on the turbo kit, ran with Cayman's map, and it made 409.51.

with Mike's infinite trials on dyno and street tuning + secret tuning with their own MAF,, it finally made 467 at the wheel with the same boost. There is NO way to pull a slightly modified 997TT with 409 whp... LOL. Anyways, more dyno time to come with race gas tune + higher boost, prepare to wet your pants.. :P

Old 03-14-2010, 05:03 PM
yeap, mike told me ur car is going to be done this week.
yet, i need to bring my car back to get the latest change.
bob, you wont be disappointed!

Last edited by aznevoviii; 03-14-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:11 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !

WOW.........so lets assume that your car did make 260 RWHP(that you guess) before the turbo.
That would mean for each PSI of boost you are making 44.32 RWHP and 6.5 PSI will get you 288 ADDED RWHP....?

I have never seen a car make that much power/PSI of boost in all of my years of tinkering with cars!

Even IF we assume that your stock car made 295 RWHP before the turbo and 467 after adding the 4.67 PSI of boost......
That is 36.83 RWHP/PSI of boost and IF you go to 6.5 PSI,that would be 239.4 ADDED RWHP.....!

I have read this(general rule) in many places.....

".....in theory, every 14.7 psi over atmospheric doubles the horsepower output to the flywheel."

We seriously NEED you to Gtech that car!

Somebody....you or I will be in shock......
I sure HOPE it is me..........because those would be some INSANELY high numbers!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-14-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Former Vendor
On our dyno a stock 3.8L makes somewhere in the high 290s. I attempted to take today off of work. i will post power vs. boost numbers tomorrow morning.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 03-14-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:26 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy
WOW.........so lets assume that your car did make 260 RWHP(that you guess) before the turbo.
That would mean for each PSI of boost you are making 44.32 RWHP and 6.5 PSI will get you 288 ADDED RWHP....?

I have never seen a car make that much power/PSI of boost in all of my years of tinkering with cars!

Even IF we assume that your stock car made 295 RWHP before the turbo and 467 after adding the 4.67 PSI of boost......
That is 36.83 RWHP/PSI of boost and IF you go to 6.5 PSI,that would be 239.4 ADDED RWHP.....!

I have read this(general rule) in many places.....

".....in theory, every 14.7 psi over atmospheric doubles the horsepower output to the flywheel."

We seriously NEED you to Gtech that car!

Somebody....you or I will be in shock......
I sure HOPE it is me..........because those would be some INSANELY high numbers!

Stacy
If you decide to sell your supercharger again - let me know.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Former Vendor

From my post 3 pages back, this is where Johns car current is VS where it was when he brought it in.

As I stated a post or 2 back... the Gen 1 997S 3.8 Makes high 290s to 300whp on our dyno.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p