997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 06:40 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing

From my post 3 pages back, this is where Johns car current is VS where it was when he brought it in.

As I stated a post or 2 back... the Gen 1 997S 3.8 Makes high 290s to 300whp on our dyno.
Thanks for posting that Casey......

I was in shock/ecstatic when it was posted by the OP at 467 RWHP with 4.67 PSI of boost.......
455 RWHP @ 5.56 seems better/more realistic!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-14-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:52 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
lol thanks stacy for making it clear.

313 rwhp with previous mod, VS. 455 rwhp with turbo kit (5.5 psi)

I wasn't THAT off... right? LOL

Old 03-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
1psi normally equates to ~40hp... So yea... it is a bit of a difference.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:57 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
lol thanks stacy for making it clear.

313 rwhp with previous mod, VS. 455 rwhp with turbo kit (5.5 psi)

I wasn't THAT off... right? LOL
Yeah not too far off BUT....that is how rumors start......and before you know it somebody is making 1000 RWHP from 8 PSI,LOL!

1psi normally equates to ~40hp... So yea... it is a bit of a difference.
Hey Casey,

That 40 hp,in my history is pretty optimistic too....BUT I will let it slide this time.......

Either way,I want to see the 500 RWHP beat on these cars......SOON!

I do think it will take 7.5-8 PSI to do it though!

Stacy

PS I hate to say it AGAIN,LOL....BUT Gtech it for me!
I want to compare your numbers to mine........and they really should be comparable,after-all it is an air pusher like a supercharger!
Difference being that the supercharger will rob a bit of power to turn......I think of it like running the A/C compressor all the time,LOL!

Last edited by justatoy; 03-14-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
exactly why i didnt use specific numbers

When the release comes out i will have a dyno sheet showing different boost levels and different octane ratings.

Excited for that so i can put this thread to rest!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:03 PM
exactly why i didnt use specific numbers

When the release comes out i will have a dyno sheet showing different boost levels and different octane ratings.

Excited for that so i can put this thread to rest!
You mean me....don't you Casey......MY FRIEND,LOL!

As you know Casey......I have all the respect for what you guys at TPC are doing!
Keep up the great work!

Stacy

Old 03-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I am eager to see the GTech data, too. The only difference is that an SC is parasitic, as it runs off the crank, while a Turbo is not, running instead off waste gasses. Thus, apples to apples, same PSI between each should give a tiny edge to a Turbo. That edge might show on a dyno, although as we all agree there are nearly infinite dyno variables. GTech, being net of just about all variables, is the way to go. But again, GTech requires several runs in 3rd to redline with the exact vehicle weight entered, and then the runs must be averaged, so get a reliable number. Again, long, straight, flat stretch of road.

Eager to see how this performs- very exciting stuff!

I am interested in the install difficulty, once you get that sorted, Casey. I know the SC wasn't too bad, although parts were tough. I'd love to see a copy of the instructions at some point, to do a comparison.
CATTMAN

Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Former Vendor
Tiny update...

Bob's car is ready to be strapped to the dyno, hopefully in the next day or so.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 AM
GU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really nice
Sweet! Thanks for documenting this process with us, Casey!

I currently have your 997 supercharger kit on my X51 997S and love it...I wish I could've seen the R&D on it.

Have a good one,
Cliff

Old 03-15-2010, 09:47 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Awesome!

Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
Mike just sparked it up! Sat and Idled nicely as we topped off the IC tank

Old 03-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Mr. Berlin is infamous around these parts
so, where would one get this done in the chicagoland area?

Old 03-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor
http://www.tpcracing.com/info/dealers

Closest to you is in Indy... Our last Chitown Turbo car was shipped to us(we can provide you with contact info for a good hauler if needed).

Casey

Old 03-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor

First in line for the dyno.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Former Vendor

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p