997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Quiet in here today...

Bobs dyno... 3.6L Pump fuel at 6psi.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy

On the few cars that I have tested WITH FI,we have been making anywhere from 22-25 RWHP/PSI of boost.

IMO I think even with 6.5 PSI(with race gas) that you will not crack the 500 RWHP mark BUT that is just my opinion and for TPC I hope I am wrong and they do!
I love what TPC is doing these days BUT I am also realistic about it!

Stacy
Just to quote myself (never done that before).......each PSI of boost WILL translate to about 22-25 RWHP...in the dyno above it is 22.94 RWHP/PSI of boost!

WOW.......looks like the 3.6 will be as much of a beast as the 3.8.....not all that much of a difference!

I get the feeling Bob IS going to be one happy guy,LOL!

NICE work TPC!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-17-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:32 AM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by justatoy
WOW.......looks like the 3.6 will be as much of a beast as the 3.8.....not all that much of a difference!

I get the feeling Bob IS going to be one happy guy,LOL!

Stacy
Looking forward to the drive home. I'm sure I'll be giddy when I step on the gas!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:35 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MarathonBob
Looking forward to the drive home. I'm sure I'll be giddy when I step on the gas!
And if you aren't,I may have to come down there and SLAP you silly!

Congrats Bob,your car IS going to be VERY VERY quick!

Stacy

Old 03-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I'd love to see what the install manual/ instructions look like when they come out. For DIY job it could be easier than the SC.
CATTMAN

Old 03-17-2010, 11:43 AM
blown996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MarathonBob
Hey Bob, cant wait to see that thing go! I'm going to NHMS on 4/16 and 4/19 for track days, bring the beast up.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Cattman
I'd love to see what the install manual/ instructions look like when they come out. For DIY job it could be easier than the SC.
CATTMAN
GUARANTEED it is......!
With the charger you need to mess with the serpentine belt and get the charger with bracket bolted to the engine block......blind!
With the TPC turbo you don't mess with any of that,it is almost as easy as doing an exhaust system with a few extra pipes!

Stacy

Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
These pictures represent the final production model of our Single Turbo Conversion. The parts picture is lacking some of the clamps and the lines to the front rad(not oem porsche, ours has more rows and is deeper).

The 3.6L car drives like a dream and has all of the response and drivability of our 987 conversions, that drives like a factory turbo Porsche. We will be bringing the first 3.8L back in to redo the intake location shortly and redynoing. We will also be converting the 3.6L car to run routine which will allow us to run different octane levels. By the recommendation of readers of this site and another, the intake was moved to keep it free from debris.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 03-18-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
The installation looks great, but it looks like the rear muffler setup requires changes to the rear structural bumper member. I'm curious about what the changes behind the rear bumper do to the collision impact absorption and safety aspects of the car if hit from the rear, and what the insurance implications would be without the tested factory bumper elements in place.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor
If you look above the muffler you will see that we installed a bumper brace which will be supplied with the system. The area behind the bumper on a factory car has cats... We replaced it with the bumper/cat and placed the brace which is as strong or stronger than the factory piece. We virtually mimicked what the idea of what the factory does but made it fit to our application.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:50 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
amazing!!!! How's the drivability of the 3.8L? What are the main differences between the 2, drivability wise?

This could very well sway me to get a non TT 997 Nothing like building it yourself!!! Very exciting!

Lastly, does this kit come with an ECU flash or piggie?

Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GBXSport
amazing!!!! How's the drivability of the 3.8L? What are the main differences between the 2, drivability wise?

This could very well sway me to get a non TT 997 Nothing like building it yourself!!! Very exciting!

Lastly, does this kit come with an ECU flash or piggie?
Both engines, along with the 3.4L we are building next will have factory like drivability.

Our latest ATP:2 modifications replace the 6 injectors with larger ones and we reflash the ecu. We have also gone one step further with routine switching. I will show you how that works next week.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:56 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
If you look above the muffler you will see that we installed a bumper brace which will be supplied with the system. The area behind the bumper on a factory car has cats... We replaced it with the bumper/cat and placed the brace which is as strong or stronger than the factory piece. We virtually mimicked what the idea of what the factory does but made it fit to our application.
Thanks. I saw your brace, but couldn't see how it was fixed to the car compared to the larger welded rectangular brace used by the factory.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
Not a problem, Being that we spend a lot of time racing we believe in safety first and we would never release a product that didnt have Safety as job 1.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Both engines, along with the 3.4L we are building next will have factory like drivability.
I'm sure, as all of your products seem to be top notch! My question is more relating to how the different sized engines handle the boost. Is there a noticable difference between the 2?

Also, any supporting mods required or suggested to run this kit? New Clutch, etc???

Last edited by GBXSport; 03-18-2010 at 10:52 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p