997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
The install will be quite straight forward with the injectors and the running of lines to the front mount being the most time consuming.

We have no plans of using a durametric cable for doing the flash. We always recommend that when our Cayman clients being their install they remove the ecu and mail it to us... traditionally by the end of the install you will have the ECU back in your hands. Helps us keep prices down as well as assuring that the client get the most up to date tune on their car.

When the kit is mailed to the client it will have video and picture install guides. We Jig every system that leaves here so that we know it fits perfectly before it ever reaches the end user.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Casey.
Congratulations!
I am very impressed with TPC's know-how, and your play-by-play here online. I would LOVE to see the installation guide once you write it up. I know that the VF-E installation manual I used would benefit from some work, and I may help them with it, but mostly, after the DIY I did on the SC, am curious to see how much easier your kit may be.

The hardest parts of the SC install, to me, were the injectors, running the IC lines, and mounting the SC bracket with the belt aligned properly.

I really like your kits ability to turn a dial to adjust boost. I assume it's connected to the MAF sensor? In any case, my modified VF-E SC on a 3.8L C2S just made 442 RWHP on the dyno, with 6.1 psi boost at rev limiter- how is does that compare with your kit?
CATTMAN

Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:37 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing

By the recommendation of readers of this site and another, the intake was moved to keep it free from debris.

Originally Posted by utkinpol
Compliments on new intake location - it is truly awesome you did that. Now it looks pretty much perfect from every angle. Truly awesome!

So only difficult part I see to install this kit is to put new larger injectors into engine. Al the rest is pretty much a straight bolt-on operation. What about that muffler bracket - is it also a bolt on part or should it be welded to car? The simpler install will be - the better it will be for everybody. SC install is scary complicated. Too much stuff may get screwed up. Here as I understand everything is behind a car with exception to 3rd radiator kit and its lines. I guess you will provide all the required brackets and mounting instructions for that as well? What if car already has one installed - can it be reused or do you have serious reasons not to use OEM one?

What additional tuning do you do to it? Or is it going to be ready-to-drive kit in the end?

Also - do you still plan to replace plenum with your version or will you be taking boost measurement from vacuum line?

And as a last thing to wish for - it would be great if you could make ECU flash similar to softronic one so it could be flashed via cable and not have to be disconnected from the car. that would be really great.

PS. I will not be able to drive in my car in this year unfortunately. Stars did not align... May be later I will be able just to buy it and install it myself.
PSS. But hell one way or another but I will get it!

BINGO...GREAT idea TPC!(moving the air filter)

This is a way easier install.....
I can/have done the injectors in an 1:20 mins a couple of times on supercharger installs,so no big deal!

The plenum IS just the stock plenum with a nipple drilled in....I believe a 10 minute job with a parts costing $.25 and once boosted there is NO real reason to have a boost gauge....IF you are making boost you have power,with a leak YOU will feel the power drop!
Problem with using the cable,I think,IS........once you can do that it would be very easy to "steal" their tuning and sell it....BUT I am not sure!
Sending the ECU to them IS a very easy thing to do anyway!

I HATE saying it over and over and over and.....NICE work TPC

Last edited by justatoy; 03-18-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
I saw that and I commented in your thread. Congrats, that is a very well running Car.

If you look back a page or so you will see a dyno of Johns car running on the previos intake setup at 5.6psi and it made somewhere in the ~450s... Flickr is blocked from where I am sitting so i cant pull it up.

I promise it is there. Thanks for the compliments on our system and we are always proud of a diyer!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:41 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
edited... LOL

Old 03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks Stacy.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Casey.
Congratulations!
I am very impressed with TPC's know-how, and your play-by-play here online. I would LOVE to see the installation guide once you write it up. I know that the VF-E installation manual I used would benefit from some work, and I may help them with it, but mostly, after the DIY I did on the SC, am curious to see how much easier your kit may be.

The hardest parts of the SC install, to me, were the injectors, running the IC lines, and mounting the SC bracket with the belt aligned properly.

I really like your kits ability to turn a dial to adjust boost. I assume it's connected to the MAF sensor? In any case, my modified VF-E SC on a 3.8L C2S just made 442 RWHP on the dyno, with 6.1 psi boost at rev limiter- how is does that compare with your kit?
CATTMAN
I would say it is VERY close BUT because the TPC turbo builds boost quicker than the Modified VF charger.....I would say the TPC may be king of the street!

Also being that TPC has the boost controller....they win there too!
The TPC kit HAS to be easier to install as well!

The only place,IMO,that the charger wins HANDS down...is in the WOW effect...when you open that decklid and see that HUGE compressor there people LOOK!
Trust me I found this out first hand at a local cruise....

But to be fair,people need to understand that this IS a modified VF charger,NOT the out of the box one that the consumer can buy!

So wait until some crazy a$$ buys the TPC and starts to 'TWEAK' it!
Then we can compare apples to apples!
Either way both kits I am talking about above.....TRANSFORM these cars into fast machines.....PERIOD!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-18-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Former Vendor
It is adjustable and we set it with presets up to 7psi. We dont recommend going higher than that. Getting a boost controller also comes with a class in how it works and how to prolong the life of your car

Old 03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Casey, I have straight pipes on my car which i love and i love the sound. With this system would i have to give up that sound ? or is there a way i could make it work still. Let me when you get a chance. Thanks-
Eric

Old 03-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor
There is a possibility we could delete the muffler if you are interested. Just let me know. cparkin@tpcracing.net

Old 03-20-2010, 06:24 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
maybe i missed it but what kind of turbo are you guys using in this kit? Makes, specs, size, etc?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Former Vendor
The turbo is proprietary. It is in the t04 family but we design the majority of the pieces in house to compliment engine displacement.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:54 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
The turbo is proprietary. It is in the t04 family but we design the majority of the pieces in house to compliment engine displacement.
love it! That's awesome! Sure beats an off the shelf solution

Old 03-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor
Received a number of PMs lately asking for a video of some of these cars driving on the street. Hoping to get some quality video on weds... Also going to have the official release and pricing coming shortly. Any questions from the 997 forum?

Old 03-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Received a number of PMs lately asking for a video of some of these cars driving on the street. Hoping to get some quality video on weds... Also going to have the official release and pricing coming shortly. Any questions from the 997 forum?
Videos are 'GOOD',I like videos...looking forward to seeing it go!
BTW Casey the Gtech is being shipped back to you,so when you guys get to that road that you guys close down to do runs/pulls....you will be able to get some numbers up!...

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p