997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
So this is a single turbo? Is there going to be lag? The turbo is larger than the oem?

Old 12-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by v35
Boy, this looks like the next step for my car. Does this kit replace the mufflers and cats? Can my current Afterhours mufflers be used with the kit or do I have to use all the components.
The big difference between the 997.1 kit and the .2 kit is the cats... in the 997.2, like the cayman the cats are in the exhaust manifolds... makes it very easy. With the 997.2 the cats are more integrated in the exhaust system. The system is going to use 1 highflow cat that goes right before the muffler. We have already designed the cat as far as size and flow just waiting on it to come in. With the 997.1 everything past the exhaust manifolds is removed. You can stick with high flow headers... but your exhaust is no longer needed. Any aftermarket intake will also be unnecessary.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 12-05-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
It is a single turbo running low pressure... This review of our cayman system came out yesterday.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/rev...-turbo-by-tpc/

Old 12-05-2009, 07:53 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
nice!

Old 12-05-2009, 02:38 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Do we have a price for the 997 kit yet? I have been on the fence about a SC for quite some time... you said it would be cheaper and easier install then the SC... this is going to be hard to resist!

Old 12-05-2009, 02:42 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nugent_crai
Do we have a price for the 997 kit yet? I have been on the fence about a SC for quite some time... you said it would be cheaper and easier install then the SC... this is going to be hard to resist!
I would guess the price will be around the same as for the Cayman....$9,999 plus a $2-3000 for install.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Guessing around $10k plus install.
Could be a fun DIY, Stacy. Maybe on my car?
CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 12-07-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:50 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Correct, as per Casey at TPC, $10k plus install.
Could be a fun DIY, Stacy. Maybe on my car?
CATTMAN
I am thinking the same thing...all I need to do is sell my FI system,LOL!!!
I guess time will tell...I have until March of next year,LOL!!!

Stacy

PS my 1000 post...wow....too much time spent on here,LOL!

Old 12-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Former Vendor
I am not allowed to talk about costs in this thread. However if you send us an email we can discuss it. Final production for the system is still a bit off as we are finishing R&D currently.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Former Vendor
Tremendous amounts of interest in this via email and PM...

Updates:

Fitment Fitment and more Fitment. Finally decided on our first turbo option... bit larger trim and housing than our standard 3.4l motor. Also have some ball bearing options for down the road for those wanting more power @ ~the same boost.

This preproduction system is from the 997.2 car... When this car is finally assembled it will have a catalyst and a shorter muffler.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 12-09-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Casey,

I wonder - you mentioned before that stock airbox will not be required - how exactly do you position air inlets and where filter will be located? It is not quite obvious from those pictures you posted.

Also - is there muffler only on those pipes? Or is it combined cats/muffler combo in that unit?

Just curious.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Former Vendor
Sorry, you beat my edit... see the previous post.

Edit: Actually the intake is completely built... as soon as it is fitted I will post details. Looks really great.

Exciting stuff getting this close.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 12-09-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Tremendous amounts of interest in this via email and PM...

Updates:

Fitment Fitment and more Fitment. Finally decided on our first turbo option... bit larger trim and housing than our standard 3.4l motor. Also have some ball bearing options for down the road for those wanting more power @ ~the same boost.

This preproduction system is from the 997.2 car... When this car is finally assembled it will have a catalyst and a shorter muffler.
Starting to look mean.
Good job Guys @ TPC....

Stacy

Old 12-09-2009, 06:54 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Starting to look mean.
Good job Guys @ TPC....

Stacy
I can see Stacy is already salivating at the thought of putting one of these on his car. Once he sees a car on jackstands with rear bumper off, he's hooked.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I can see Stacy is already salivating at the thought of putting one of these on his car. Once he sees a car on jackstands with rear bumper off, he's hooked.
What can I say...I see one of these curvy,sexy,beautiful things,with its pants off,sitting on the 'operating' table and ......ohhhhh wait it is just a car....SORRY,LOL!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p