997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

JCS tow-hook license mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
yeah, please use pm...he is a member, yes....but not a board sponsor and may not advertise or sell his product here as a registered user

Old 02-16-2010, 10:06 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
yeah, please use pm...he is a member, yes....but not a board sponsor and may not advertise or sell his product here as a registered user
I understand that but I was the one who posted the info (not Rolf) as a satisfied customer and not acting as Rolf's agent... If you peruse this thread you will see other products mentioned and linked to and i suppose some of those are not sponsors either.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
I understand that but I was the one who posted the info (not Rolf) as a satisfied customer and not acting as Rolf's agent... If you peruse this thread you will see other products mentioned and linked to and i suppose some of those are not sponsors either.
and those links you will find are no longer active if they are to non-sponsors...by posting a link to his site you were acting as his agent whether that was your intention or not so please don't do so...many pay for the priviledge to sell here...Rolf has been asked many times to become a sponsor and he has decided to sell in the shadows which is really unfair to our paying sponsors and I think it is unfortunate because he has a really good product

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-16-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
Thank you Adias I emailed him and plan to purchase one. I hope its easier removal then my other one for track usage.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:04 AM
xbar is infamous around these parts
I'm a satisfied customer of JCS' mount as well.

Note that they do come with long sharp screws to hold the license plate. A quick trip to your hardware store will fix it. This was several months ago when I bought it, and he was aware of the "issue", so he may have changed it since then.

More info here, about half way down the page:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2549899

Old 07-02-2010, 10:51 PM
911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of
JCS Tow Hook License Plate

Hi,

Does the JSC license plate holder screw into the tow hook also (no drilling into the bumper?)? How much is he selling it for? Does anyone have pictures?

What's to prevent someone from unscrewing the tow hook and taking your license plate and the $90 tow hook mount? Are are special locking screws?

Thanks!
Paul

Old 07-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Administrator
no lock...if someone wants to take the time to spin it off they can get it and your plate too

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-02-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:09 AM
GIjbop is infamous around these partsGIjbop is infamous around these parts
ive figured out the most low profile, easy, and cheapest way without drilling.

used 3M double sided tape (exterior tape version) to tape the plate to the front while adding a nice frame on.

it is very difficult to remove. in fact i didnt like my original placement..it took me a good 10 min to pry it off with both hands.

It will NOT fall off.

Last edited by GIjbop; 07-03-2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: details
Old 07-03-2010, 04:35 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911TurboRules
Hi,

What's to prevent someone from unscrewing the tow hook and taking your license plate and the $90 tow hook mount? Are are special locking screws?

Thanks!
Paul
17mm wrench. torque it tight enough and no one will be able to unscrew it by hand.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:23 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by adias
Recently I have seen various posts showing evidence of a renewed enforcement of the front license plate requirement in some states. This is why I just purchased JCS' tow-hook mounting plate. I looked at several designs and selected this one. Why?

1 - It is well made. Well machined metal parts and good fasteners
2 - Great (light) black stiff plastic backplate - warp-free
3 - Flexible post mounting attach points, offering multiple offsets
4 - And most important - light weight as compared to other heavier designs.

I will keep it in the trunk. But, if the pressure is on I will put it on permanently. Off-center is not a bad thing. Many classic cars have off-center front plates.

Here are some pics I borrowed from another thread:

I have no affiliation with JCS (who BTW is a forum member but not a forum sponsor), just a satisfied customer.
Thanks Tony as always... +1

( though I hope I don't have to use it.. )

Old 10-21-2012, 08:13 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Actually got a Gomingo after having the JCS. Worth a look. All metal instead of plastic plate bracket.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:07 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ryem3
Actually got a Gomingo after having the JCS. Worth a look. All metal instead of plastic plate bracket.
Thanks ryem3- hopefully i dont have to use it, but if the JCS doesn't workout I will try your recommendation.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:54 PM
metzkaro is infamous around these parts
where can i purchase the JCS' tow-hook mounting plate? I purchased one from US mills and it broke.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I attached a couple of rare earth magnets to my center grill. If I'm in area that tickets for no front plate, Columbus, OH, I attach the plate. Takes about 30 seconds. Tested to 70 mph without issue.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:43 PM
slammp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan C.
I attached a couple of rare earth magnets to my center grill. If I'm in area that tickets for no front plate, Columbus, OH, I attach the plate. Takes about 30 seconds. Tested to 70 mph without issue.
Those will reverse the polarity on your engine pulleys, causing reverse torque which could open up a time/space continum. (just saying)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JCS tow-hook license mount