997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Valentine vs. Blinder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 01:12 AM
dhc997 is infamous around these parts
Best post on topic ever!

Originally Posted by Cattman
Try a search and you will learn a lot here.

Laser "detection" is worthless, for as soon as ANY device "detects" laser, it usually means you've been hit, they have your speed, and you're toast.

Laser "jamming" is another matter. Rather than just notifying you that it's at you, it prevents the laser from getting a reading. Once you're hit, you'll know, and while the cop tries to get a read, you slow down, get to the limit, hit your kill switch to uncloak, and give him a reading of you, now at the legal limit.

As has been said, laser is great for cops, as they instantly know your speed, and there's no such thing as advance warning. If you are not worried about laser, go for the V1, and get it hardwired. If laser is prevalent in your area, you will need jammers.

BTW, if you are getting 2 tickets per year, you should know this:
1. drive safely, please, for the sake of all of us, and our kids
2. your eyes are your best defense against either radar of laser
3. just because you have a radar detector or laser jammers doesn't give you a right to drive like an A-hole. Be responsible, and see (1) above.
Good luck! Feel free to PM me with any questions.
CATTMAN

Old 04-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Registered PM
RCK4545 is infamous around these parts
Blinder settings

The Blinder has 3 time settings for the jammer. 7 sec, 10 sec and constant. Once its triggers for 7 or 10 seconds it will reset in 60 seconds. Or you can just turn it off.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:58 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by porscheconvert
Gents - thanks for the feedback. Still have pressing question after reading all the posts from months passed: Why not just buy the Blinder M47 x...which seems to not only "jam" laser but also detect radar?
I'll ad my two cents. I had a V1 for a few years and I literally just sold it on Craigslist and bought the Passport 9500Ci. It's expensive, but it jams radar very well (on cars without a lot of flat front space like a 911) and the radar sensitivity is hard to beat from the reviews I've read. Also, you get a few other options nobody else has (e.g., GPS lock out of false signals), but it's not cheap. However, for me I hated using the V1 because it fell down sometimes and because other idiots see it and try to tail you. I ended up not using it all the time or going faster than I wanted to shake tails. For me, an install is better and the new K40 or the 9500Ci are excellent. Also, with the V1 you would need something to jam the laser too so then you have two costs, two separate devices and one is hanging on your windshield.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 04-10-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:57 AM
cnachris is infamous around these parts
Head placement.....

Originally Posted by michaeldantep
I'll ad my two cents. I had a V1 for a few years and I literally just sold it on Craigslist and bought the Passport 9500Ci. It's expensive, but it jams radar very well (on cars without a lot of flat front space like a 911) and the radar sensitivity is hard to beat from the reviews I've read. Also, you get a few other options nobody else has (e.g., GPS lock out of false signals), but it's not cheap. However, for me I hated using the V1 because it fell down sometimes and because other idiots see it and try to tail you. I ended up not using it all the time or going faster than I wanted to shake tails. For me, an install is better and the new K40 or the 9500Ci are excellent. Also, with the V1 you would need something to jam the laser too so then you have two costs, two separate devices and one is hanging on your windshield.
Noticed you are in NJ as well. Can you tell me where you mounted the shifter heads on the front? Not sure if the "highly reflective" license plate should be my main LIDAR worry or the 911 headlights (which as slopped and maybe not as reflective). Not sure either way. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cnachris
Noticed you are in NJ as well. Can you tell me where you mounted the shifter heads on the front? Not sure if the "highly reflective" license plate should be my main LIDAR worry or the 911 headlights (which as slopped and maybe not as reflective). Not sure either way. Thanks!
I actually pick the car up today, but they were going to put them in the spoiler each directly below the headlight, but a bit more towards the center of the car. I was trying to find pictures to show you, but I can't locate the thread.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM
4dr-360 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cattman
Welcome to the boards. If you use search, you'll find a lot of information on this topic. Here is one thread with a lot information:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2591516

Long story short: they are entirely different, and work for different things. I have both in my car. In GA, the V-1 is useless as it's 100% laser here. However, as I cross state-lines, the V-1 is awesome for radar. Here is my excerpt:

I have had the M-25 Blinder Extreme Laser Jammers installed and active on my car for over a year.

Let me clear up a couple of things I've read here:

1. The Valentine-1 has laser detection, but when it comes to laser, detection is meaningless. When you get hit with laser, it's over, they know your speed, UNLESS you have jammers.

2. Laser jammers are CURRENTLY legal in most states. It's borderline, so don't brag about it.

3. Laser DOES require a flat surface to get a reading. On a 997 there are only a few such spots, namely, the front edge of the front bumper), potentially the top of the front windshield, and the rear license plate. The M-25 unit consists of 2 units, each placed just below that leading edge of the front bumper, between the slats of the 997 radiator grills. You really can't notice them unless you're looking for them. You can buy the M-45 version, which comes with a bracket jammer to go with the rear license plate frame. Where I live (ATL, GA) it's all laser, and it's all front he front, so the M-25 is all I need. In TX, for example, they "bird-dog". One cop will be at an overpass, pointing his laser gun at cars moving away from him. Your eyes are meaningless here, since there's no car to watch for, and he's on the far side of an underpass. Yet he can see your speed based on his laser reading off your rear, and radio that ahead to a car waiting ahead of you, and you're toast. That's big in TX, rare elsewhere.

4. Proper use: the point is not to go as fast as you want past a cop while giving them the finger. The point is to be cloaked when they see you first to avoid the ticket, but when laser hits you (your active jammers "jam" their reading") you must hit the brakes and get to legal speed, then turn your jammers off (hit the kill switch) so the cops CAN get a reading on you, and the reading now (since you hit the brakes) is of you travelling at the legal limit. You don't just keep flying past them like an arrogant above the law jack-A$$, you slow down, hit the kill switch, give them a reading. If their eyes saw anything, it was you noticing them, and slowing down, which is what every other car anywhere near you did, too.

5. If you ever show up a cop, in any way whatsoever, you will lose. If you get pulled over, be polite, respectful, and answer questions directly and honestly unless you need/ think you need a lawyer, in which case, inform the office of such, then keep your mouth shut.
CATTMAN
Best advice, hands down ^

Old 04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I actually pick the car up today, but they were going to put them in the spoiler each directly below the headlight, but a bit more towards the center of the car. I was trying to find pictures to show you, but I can't locate the thread.
Thanks. That makes sense. I am running a NJ front plate so I wanted to have some independent input while still in the planning stages. Photos would be great if you can find. Remember, I believe the shifters are in "receive" only mode by default until place them into "shifting" mode by yourself or the installer. Best to double check.

Either way, thanks and good luck with it. Let us know how you make out and your overall impression of the system.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks. That makes sense. I am running a NJ front plate so I wanted to have some independent input while still in the planning stages. Photos would be great if you can find. Remember, I believe the shifters are in "receive" only mode by default until place them into "shifting" mode by yourself or the installer. Best to double check.

Either way, thanks and good luck with it. Let us know how you make out and your overall impression of the system.
I took it from the installer to the dealer to get my Rennline pedals put in. So, I drove it about 15 miles and I was flying. I picked up a few X signals (these are mostly false) and one Ka and it was way ahead of time. In my one short drive, I was impressed. I will take pictures of the install when I get the car back and post them. This shop in West Caldwell (Samm Sound) did an excellent job. The signal display is on the top of my steering column and the controls are on the bottom right hand side of my gauges. I only wish the display wasn't in blue b/c I have red accents (gauges etc.) in my car. Oh well!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:50 AM
I took it from the installer to the dealer to get my Rennline pedals put in. So, I drove it about 15 miles and I was flying. I picked up a few X signals (these are mostly false) and one Ka and it was way ahead of time. In my one short drive, I was impressed. I will take pictures of the install when I get the car back and post them. This shop in West Caldwell (Samm Sound) did an excellent job. The signal display is on the top of my steering column and the controls are on the bottom right hand side of my gauges. I only wish the display wasn't in blue b/c I have red accents (gauges etc.) in my car. Oh well!
Glad you are pleased with the install. The pics of the install and the from shifters locations would be great. Much appreciated.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:23 PM
I didn't take pics of the sensors outside of the car yet, but here is the interior install. Display on top of steering column and controls just off to the right (5 buttons under clock). The top was down, so the sun washed out the words on the buttons.

Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2012, 01:12 PM

You were right, the guy installed it but never turned on the laser shifting. Thankfully you told me to check and I ran through all of the settings. I have to go out again with my new settings, but already it's a lot quieter than the V1. Also, I love that it's invisible to other drivers.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:10 PM
You were right, the guy installed it but never turned on the laser shifting. Thankfully you told me to check and I ran through all of the settings. I have to go out again with my new settings, but already it's a lot quieter than the V1. Also, I love that it's invisible to other drivers.
Ah! Glad you checked. That could have been ugly. Glad you are liking it thus far. Thanks for the interior install pic. It will be interesting to see how many laser hits you get. How do you like the shifter install in the front?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Ah! Glad you checked. That could have been ugly. Glad you are liking it thus far. Thanks for the interior install pic. It will be interesting to see how many laser hits you get. How do you like the shifter install in the front?
I'll take pictures, but they did a great job. On my car (black) you can't see them unless you are looking for them.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Flash pics up close in garage so not the best quality. You can see the clear bra seams and wax around them! Anyway, as you can see they are black and don't protrude from the car. I think well done by Samm Sound. The rear laser shifter is just screws on the top of the license plate.

Attached Images     

Last edited by michaeldantep; 04-16-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Flash pics up close in garage so not the best quality. You can see the clear bra seams and wax around them! Anyway, as you can see they are black and don't protrude from the car. I think well done by Samm Sound. The rear laser shifter is just screws on the top of the license plate.
You need to get your set up tested. You will get MAJOR punch through with your heads angled out like that. They should be straight with the front of the road.
From your pictures it looks like they could aim center mass and your jammers would never see the signal. Plus they would not be able to send a jamming signal back toward the gun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valentine vs. Blinder