997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Got New Mods!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 04:12 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jay Jones
Hey Sin, your car is really coming along, WOW! Fantastic choices on your mods, you have great taste!

Jay
Thanks Jay, I try to keep it look clean & plain while modding the car. But with the GT3 bumper the car doesn't look so stealth anymore...

By the way your car seems really familiar, was it another members car before by any chance?

Old 11-21-2009, 04:28 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Wow Sin --I am very impressed by the work you did . I also agree that it sure does get hot in Miami and it appears taht you are taking steps to keep that car cool . On my Turbo one of my first set of upgrades were intercoolers but on my 997S nothing yet . I'd like to read more as you go through more time with your car and thse upgrades .

One more thing -somewhat off topic --I hear there's an auto show tomorrow at the Mandarin Hotel in Brickell Key . It's supposed to be a real nice event and I just heard about it . I;m not sure if I am going but I am going to try . It's from 12-3PM.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:40 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Wow Sin --I am very impressed by the work you did . I also agree that it sure does get hot in Miami and it appears taht you are taking steps to keep that car cool . On my Turbo one of my first set of upgrades were intercoolers but on my 997S nothing yet . I'd like to read more as you go through more time with your car and thse upgrades .

One more thing -somewhat off topic --I hear there's an auto show tomorrow at the Mandarin Hotel in Brickell Key . It's supposed to be a real nice event and I just heard about it . I;m not sure if I am going but I am going to try . It's from 12-3PM.
Thanks Larry, I spent too much time on the forum trying to come up with the right combination of parts

The thing is on the track I push the car as much as I can, and the car really is pushed So it gets really hot in return.

Rich called me today and notified me about it I probably will go, just for the fun of it... I want to see what other people have. It's like 5 minutes from my house

Old 11-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Yeah Sin, I picked my car up from a Northern California 6Speeder. Charles had done some fantastic mods before I purchased it. I'm continuing to add plenty of my own mods as well. Once I wrap up a few more projects during the holidays, I will take some new photos and share them with you guys.

Jay

Old 11-21-2009, 04:56 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Nice mods, you've given me some good insight on what to do next to mine!

Any chance you can post some pics w/a side view? I just pulled the trigger for the same HRE's for my artic silver C4S and would love to see what they'll look like (seeing i can't put them on till the spring)

w

Old 11-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah Sin, I picked my car up from a Northern California 6Speeder. Charles had done some fantastic mods before I purchased it. I'm continuing to add plenty of my own mods as well. Once I wrap up a few more projects during the holidays, I will take some new photos and share them with you guys.

Jay
It is a beautiful car, I remember the photos What have you added since then?

Old 11-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by w00zie
Nice mods, you've given me some good insight on what to do next to mine!

Any chance you can post some pics w/a side view? I just pulled the trigger for the same HRE's for my artic silver C4S and would love to see what they'll look like (seeing i can't put them on till the spring)

w
Thank you sir! The P40s in Charcoal simply look amazing on Arctic Silver! I love them...

Here's a pic, but it was taken before I got the GT3 Bumper.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
Car looks sick - wheels are fantastic. Congrats.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Hey Sin, I've added mostly cosmetic mods since I picked it up. "Carrera S" rear logo from Bumperplugs in Guards Red, Silver Hood Crest, Full Carbon Fiber side mirrors, Rennline Pedals, Hardwired V1, Premier Clear Bra for RUF front end, Premier Diamond Cut IR tint, BMC Air Filter. I have the Red Tail Lights and the Red Seat Belts coming from Suncoast, those will be installed in the coming weeks.

My big decision lies with the exhaust/cat/header set-up. I have the Fabspeed exhaust currently, the headers/cats are stock at this point. The Fabspeed sounds good, but I'm contemplating whether to go in a different direction. I have spent hours researching the various combinations and listening to Youtube clips. I'm sort of stuck in the old "analysis paralysis" position! I just can't decide what I want to do?

Jay

Last edited by Jay Jones; 11-21-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:37 PM
CAL
CAL is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Very nicely done.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
If you have the Fabspeeds, you may want to consider their x-pipe 200-cell cats. I've been very happy with it. Louder, but not painfully so. And seems to enable free breathing and easier rev'ing. I also have headers and the EVOMSit kit but the cats are the biggest single difference.

Hey Sin, I've added mostly cosmetic mods since I picked it up. "Carrera S" from Bumperplugs in Guards Red, Silver Hood Crest, Full Carbon Fiber side mirrors, Hardwired V1, Premier Clear Bra for RUF front end, Premier Diamond Cut IR tint, BMC Air Filter. I have the Red Tail Lights and the Red Seat Belts coming from Suncoast, those will be installed in the coming weeks.

My big decision lies with the exhaust/cat/header set-up. I have the Fabspeed exhaust currently, the headers/cats are stock at this point. The Fabspeed sounds good, but I'm contemplating whether to go in a different direction. I have spent hours researching the various combinations and listening to Youtube clips. I'm sort of stuck in the old "analysis paralysis" position! I just can't decide what I want to do?

Jay

Old 11-21-2009, 06:01 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sin911
Thank you sir! The P40s in Charcoal simply look amazing on Arctic Silver! I love them...

Here's a pic, but it was taken before I got the GT3 Bumper.
That GT3 front bumper really makes a difference. Was is OE or aftermarket? Any issues with fit?

w

Old 11-21-2009, 06:06 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
That is very nice. I vote for a rear wing if I can be so free as to spend your money.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Rodsky
Car looks sick - wheels are fantastic. Congrats.
Thanks man

Old 11-21-2009, 06:21 PM
RUFLUV is infamous around these parts
Beautiful job...the car looks killer...love the P40's...Because of the dark wheels for asthetic (and also aerodynamic) reasons you might consider a Gt3 rs wing rather than the taco. It looks meaner, is less common but still oem, and the black bits on the blade would work well with the wheels & front spoiler...which appears to be an RS part also. Just an observation.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got New Mods!