997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Got New Mods!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:01 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sin911
Nope, I don't have any software. I don't know whether I should mess with the ECU or not... I don't want to have any problems with warranty in the future.

I love the taco wing, its much refined and less brutal...
Gotta go at yoir own pace and if you're not ready I would say wait . As it is the car is beautiful .

Old 11-22-2009, 12:06 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Gotta go at yoir own pace and if you're not ready I would say wait . As it is the car is beautiful .
I am planning to wait, I have spent too much money in the last couple of months...

Thanks, I think the only thing the car is missing is a rear wing...

Old 11-22-2009, 07:43 AM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
Does anyone have a good A/B dyno (or Gtech) comparison of the effect of softronic or any other flash. I have serached by everyons seems to depending on the but dyno.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Sin, did you order the P40s in narrow body or wide body offset? Just wondering which way to go as I'm gonna ordera set soon also and want to get rid of the spacers I am currently using.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:21 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
Wow, I love your mods, the car looks beautiful. One of those pics is on top of the UM parking garage right? Have you tracked the car yet with the GT3 bumper, I want to track my car soon and am wondering about the safety without a wing.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:52 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Sin, did you order the P40s in narrow body or wide body offset? Just wondering which way to go as I'm gonna ordera set soon also and want to get rid of the spacers I am currently using.
It's narrow body offset, but don't worry. The offset is aggressive enough I didn't even need spacers...

Old 11-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by CayenneS2083
Wow, I love your mods, the car looks beautiful. One of those pics is on top of the UM parking garage right? Have you tracked the car yet with the GT3 bumper, I want to track my car soon and am wondering about the safety without a wing.
Thanks man! Yeah, it's on the Ponce garage I've been seeing your car a lot on campus lately... Usually where the learning center is.

I have tracked the car and I have hit 130 mph on the back straight at PBIR. Just get the rear wing up, there were no problems with mine...

Old 11-23-2009, 01:29 PM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
those wheels look/fit perfectly. the whole car is very tastefully done.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:10 PM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
[quote=sin911;2626187]My brakes were not taking the pressure as I had hoped, my mechanic said that I had overheated my brakes already. I only have 7k miles on the car, he suggested that it would be a waste and I should keep it for a couple more thousand miles and track events. To improve the brakes I just got GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers installed, but apparently I got them done too late... I also got Stainless Steel Brake Lines to improve the braking.

Sweet list of mods!

Doubt brakes are overheated to point of an issue. Bleed fluid before every track session (some using SRF bleed less frequently, but sure as heck bleed if you had any softnes in your pedal last time out). Most of us that aggressively track the car heat the calipers to the point the paint starts to fade and get a brownish tint - especially in the white lettering, it is part of the track experience. Be sure to use your cool down lap to cool down the brakes - it can really make a difference as to whether you boil your fluid or not.

Like the way you put a lot of careful thought into your mods to suit your needs - good work!

Old 11-23-2009, 04:40 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Hey sin911 - your mods look awesome!

One question, though: looks like you were able to keep your PSE tips -- how'd you manage that with the single outlet exhaust pipes of the AWE? Did you tuner fabricate a way for the tips to fit? Or are the tips from a different manufacturer?

They look great!

Old 11-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by P Diddy
those wheels look/fit perfectly. the whole car is very tastefully done.
Thanks dude, I appreciate it!

Old 11-23-2009, 05:20 PM
[quote=obsessed;2628439]
Originally Posted by sin911
My brakes were not taking the pressure as I had hoped, my mechanic said that I had overheated my brakes already. I only have 7k miles on the car, he suggested that it would be a waste and I should keep it for a couple more thousand miles and track events. To improve the brakes I just got GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers installed, but apparently I got them done too late... I also got Stainless Steel Brake Lines to improve the braking.

Sweet list of mods!

Doubt brakes are overheated to point of an issue. Bleed fluid before every track session (some using SRF bleed less frequently, but sure as heck bleed if you had any softnes in your pedal last time out). Most of us that aggressively track the car heat the calipers to the point the paint starts to fade and get a brownish tint - especially in the white lettering, it is part of the track experience. Be sure to use your cool down lap to cool down the brakes - it can really make a difference as to whether you boil your fluid or not.

Like the way you put a lot of careful thought into your mods to suit your needs - good work!
Thanks! I really have put a lot of thought into it.

The problem is on the track, when the brakes get too hot the steering wheel shook

Old 11-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by lakerholic
Hey sin911 - your mods look awesome!

One question, though: looks like you were able to keep your PSE tips -- how'd you manage that with the single outlet exhaust pipes of the AWE? Did you tuner fabricate a way for the tips to fit? Or are the tips from a different manufacturer?

They look great!
Hi Laker, thanks!

Well, the photos of the rear side was taken about a month ago... But AWE makes mufflers specifically for PSE tips

Old 11-23-2009, 05:42 PM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
[quote=sin911;2628591]
Originally Posted by obsessed

The problem is on the track, when the brakes get too hot the steering wheel shook
In my experience, if they only do that hot, try rebedding them and let them cool - has cleared it up for me. Might want to upgrade to a track/street pad if you haven't.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by obsessed
In my experience, if they only do that hot, try rebedding them and let them cool - has cleared it up for me. Might want to upgrade to a track/street pad if you haven't.
I tried getting them cooled and in the next session the same thing happened... I am probably going to move to track/street pads when I change it

The brake duct spoilers should help out as well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got New Mods!