997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Got New Mods!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:58 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Got New Mods!

For the last couple of months I have been really busy with my car, I had a lot going on. First I got my HRE P40s installed, following that I had my Bilstein Damptronics. I also wanted to test BMC Drop In Filter to see if it really helps out, and it did! I also installed a GT3 bumper on my car to improve the aesthetics and aerodynamics. I had problem Heel-Toeing on the track and street which resulted in me buying Rennline pedals which solved the problem About a month ago I decided to get my car more track oriented and wanted to further improve the handling and power.

Performance:
Earlier I had my factory PSE exhaust set on loud, and had the X51 Headers installed. The sound was terrific! Eventhough the PSE doesn't add any power it was an amazing sound... But it was too heavy, so I decided to replace it with AWE 200 CEL Cats & Mufflers for HP and Torque gains along with loosing a few pounds. I got the tips Ceramic Coated to go along with my TechArt Diffuser and Black 911 Badge.

How did it turn out? Let me just tell you this, after about 3200-3400 RPM the car is a new beast! Its much quicker to redline. You can really feel the car coming alive. Then you start to wonder off why Porsche got it's stock exhaust system so restrictive and get pissed off I am not a 100% sure about this, I don't know whether the car has much more Torque over mid-RPM or it really has fallen a little, but between 2500-3000 RPM the car seem to have lost a little Torque. Maybe I need to opt to AWE Headers soon... If you check their dyno charts with AWE Cats & Mufflers the car looses a little Torque and HP between 2700-3200 RPMs, but is corrected with AWE Headers.

I should also mention that I have saved 9 lbs. on each muffler from switching PSE to AWE. And AWE cats are apparently 1 lbs. lighter than OEM cats. So which lead to 20 lbs. weight saving. I also had taken out my rear seats which has lead to about 25 lbs. weight saving.

Handling:
After getting the Bilsteins installed the car changed drastically, the traditional understeer was mostly gone. The car was handling amazing on the track, the only thing I was missing was a more aggressive alignment and track wheels and tires Other than these the car was simply breath taking. I tried playing with my tire pressure to see what was optimal for my street tires (Pirelli Pzero Rosso), it turned out that deflationg them too much causes loss of traction. The tires get too soft and the car does not handle as well. So the optimal for me was 34F, 37R when cold.

And this week I got RSS Sway Bars installed on my car, unfortunately I just replaced my rear tires and my car was set too low with my GT3 front bumper so I had the car raised. The mechanic doing the new alignment setup understood me wrong and ended up getting the car more positive camber instead of more negative. The car is set up almost neutral which caused in a horrible handling. I tried doing a little slalom on highway around 65 mph, the car was about to spin. The alignment will be taken care of on Monday. I will test the handling further more...

My brakes were not taking the pressure as I had hoped, my mechanic said that I had overheated my brakes already. I only have 7k miles on the car, he suggested that it would be a waste and I should keep it for a couple more thousand miles and track events. To improve the brakes I just got GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers installed, but apparently I got them done too late... I also got Stainless Steel Brake Lines to improve the braking.

The engine gets too hot in Miami, on Septembers PCA event the car's oil got up to 275 degrees. I thought it might be dangerous and wanted to install the X51 Center Radiator to improve the cooling. I also got GMG Front Grilles to prevent damaging the radiators on highway by stones, or the ugly leaves getting in the air ducts And it turned out great! The grilles and center radiator looks really hardcore close up.

So here's a list of what I got done this week:

- AWE 200 CEL Cats & Mufflers
- RSS Sway Bars
- X51 Center Radiator & GMG Front Bumper Grilles
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- GT3 Front Brake Duct Spoilers

And here is what I already had earlier:

- GT3 Front Bumper
- BMC Drop In Filter
- OEM Short Shifter
- X51 HEaders
- HRE P40 in 19" Gloss Charcoal
- Bilstein Damptronics

I also have a lot of small mods for aesthetics such as: GT3 Alcantara Steering Wheel and Shifter, Silver Painted Center Console, Red Seatbelts, Red Tail lights, 911 Badge, TechArt Rear Diffuser, Vorsteiner Mirror Inserts, Window Tint, 3M Clear Bra

I also would like to thank The Collection, where I purchased my car from and got all my mods done. And I should not forget to thank personally the Shop Foreman Mr. Maugherman for all the hard work he has done on the car itself, and head of Motorsports Department Mr. Siradakis for making the process really smooth and easy for me.

Here are two photos that I took in the garage last night, I will post better pics when I get a chance.

Last edited by sin911; 12-01-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:28 AM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
Love that second picture. Enjoy that mod bug, it is quite a *****.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:48 AM
rjdurbin72 is infamous around these parts
AWE Mufflers Question

How do they sound? Did you listen to Fabspeed prior to making the AWE pick. I hear the AWE are not as instructive in the interior of the car. Also do the cats add to the sound. How much louder vs just straight mufflers?

Car looks sweet!!!

Old 11-21-2009, 01:02 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by skizot
Love that second picture. Enjoy that mod bug, it is quite a *****.
thanks man, I am kind of sick of spending crazy money on the car...

Old 11-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by rjdurbin72
How do they sound? Did you listen to Fabspeed prior to making the AWE pick. I hear the AWE are not as instructive in the interior of the car. Also do the cats add to the sound. How much louder vs just straight mufflers?

Car looks sweet!!!
Thanks dude!

They sound good, they don't sound much different from my PSE under acceleration or above 3000 RPM. It is raspy at idle, but the sound will change/settle a little more with time. It is throatier than I thought it would be.

I don't know about the Fabspeed's sound, I listened to AWE on someone's car before and liked it. I also don't know about straight pipes, but AWE is not bothering me at all, it has the perfect sound level for me My PSE was set to loud for that specific reason, and AWE system is not much louder than that.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Kaz
Kaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the rough
Car looks really good. Can you please post a pic of the rear as I too am interested in putting in a techart rear diffuser without a tail.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Sin,
Your car is coming along nicely. Enjoy
Rs1 Team

Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Kaz
Car looks really good. Can you please post a pic of the rear as I too am interested in putting in a techart rear diffuser without a tail.
Thanks! Sure, here you go:

I think it looks great without a wing...

Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice mods Sin, I have a few of the same mods myself. Your observations are the same as what I am finding, with the same mods.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
Sin,
Your car is coming along nicely. Enjoy
Rs1 Team
Thanks Justin

Old 11-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Nice mods Sin, I have a few of the same mods myself. Your observations are the same as what I am finding, with the same mods.
Hey Ed, thanks a lot! Yeah, we do share some same parts

I wonder why our findings are so similar...

Old 11-21-2009, 02:09 PM
flimflam is infamous around these parts
nice

Old 11-21-2009, 03:08 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
my Vorsteiner spoiler will finish this car REALLY nicely.. :P

Old 11-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Hey Sin, your car is really coming along, WOW! Fantastic choices on your mods, you have great taste!

Jay

Old 11-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
my Vorsteiner spoiler will finish this car REALLY nicely.. :P
Thanks but I want the taco GT3 wing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got New Mods!