997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Coupe and Cab comparo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:53 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jafetica888
1. Resale Value - Cabs hold the value a bit better

2. Big grin on your face every time you see the sun as it is straight in your face (I have my car almost always open and it is my daily driver)

3. marginally worse on the track, but unless you really no your **** racing, it makes zero difference (to give you an idea, a professional racecar driver can get about 5sec difference between the Cab and the Coupe on the Nurburgring - a course that takes just under 8mins in total, thus about 2%)

4. 20% better chance to have your car parked up front at the Valet parking

5. Cool factor (for my kids, my two teenage daughters think it is the coolest thing to be picked up with a convertible from school)
+ 1.... exactly what i was thinking....

Old 11-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NorthVan
You get Massage's at Delany's...cool, they will do anything thing there
I haven't reached my 15 post minimum. PM me when you have a chance. I wouldn't mind hooking up to discuss Porsche.

Thanks

Old 11-24-2009, 04:42 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Hey, if you can do this is in a cab and do it well, then it's an easy choice

Old 11-24-2009, 06:55 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
That DeputyDog95 is a GREAT pic...WOW!

Stacy

Old 11-24-2009, 07:05 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jako
I haven't reached my 15 post minimum. PM me when you have a chance. I wouldn't mind hooking up to discuss Porsche.

Thanks
Jako,

PM sent.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:08 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95

Awesome shot Dog!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
That's how we roll in the cabs!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:30 AM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
That's how we roll in the cabs!
Figuratively, not literally, I hope.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:30 AM
zschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud of
Being from Chicago Im a coupe fan. Its a much better all season car. When the cab top is up the visibility is just ok. The coupe doesnt have that issue. I love the look of the cab with the top down. When its up not so much. The coupe always looks great. I also like being able to roll up my windows and have a very quite cabin. Works great with the built in bluetooth.

It also doesnt hurt that I have my Austin Healey for ragtop fun.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:45 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jako
Hi All,

Besides the obvious (soft top) what are some of the differences between the two in a 997? For example on my E46 M3:

1. The Cab is 400 lbs heavier
2. The Cab has 1 sub woofer (ski pass) Coupe has 2
3. Easier to get in the backseat of the Coupe

Porsche 997 Coupe vs. Cab

1.?
2.??
3.???
based on your location alone I am not sure if convertible car makes much sense. but, it is a personal thing, all other factors aside. I personally do not like driving in any cab with soft roof on a highway for longer than 5 minutes. if you do not plan to drive faster than 50mph for 90% of time and drive only when it is sunny and above 60 degrees - then cab would be a no brainer.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:48 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zschicago
Being from Chicago Im a coupe fan. Its a much better all season car. When the cab top is up the visibility is just ok. The coupe doesnt have that issue. I love the look of the cab with the top down. When its up not so much. The coupe always looks great. I also like being able to roll up my windows and have a very quite cabin. Works great with the built in bluetooth.

I think it is possible to order hard roof for 997 car, i never saw one but it probably would be possible. it will add more weight but should be a good compromise for cold months. owner probably should be a hard core cab lover do do that which I am not.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:00 AM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
+1 on the rear visibility. It is horrible when the cab's top is up. Porsche could have done a better job, putting in a bigger rear window. It has big blind spots, especially on when you are at the top of a "Y" intersection (...but the solution for overcoming this is emensly fun: overturn into the opposite direction, hit the gas, and get some fishtail when going through the corner.)

Regarding cab-cabin noise, I actually think the 997 cab top (3-layers, right?) is fairly quiet for what it is...and I haven't even bothered to put in the rear windscreen, yet.

Originally Posted by zschicago

Old 11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !

+ 1 for that...i love this pic...classic, you dont see this to much..

Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by mshanler
Figuratively, not literally, I hope.
Rubber side down!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
based on your location alone I am not sure if convertible car makes much sense. but, it is a personal thing, all other factors aside. I personally do not like driving in any cab with soft roof on a highway for longer than 5 minutes. if you do not plan to drive faster than 50mph for 90% of time and drive only when it is sunny and above 60 degrees - then cab would be a no brainer.
Have you been in a modern Porsche cab? I can run 70mph with the top down and talk on the phone. For that matter, I was running "ludricrous" speeds at Daytona with the top down and conversing with the passenger (and we were wearing helmets).

It's very quiet with the top up. So much so nobody can tell when I'm in my volvo or the cab.

I will say the visibility sucks azz in the cab with top up. There is an easy fix for that though. Only run the car in nice weather with the top down

I have been known to put the top down a chilly night just so I can back up safely in a dark parking lot. There are a ton of blind spots.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe and Cab comparo