997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Proof that a bird caused that Bugatti to crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:31 AM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
Proof that a bird caused that Bugatti to crash

So...the video link with the animated low-flying pelican was removed... but here is additional proof that the driver was not 100% at fault.

OLD....

I assume most people have heard about the guy that drove his Veyron into the Galveston ship channel a few weeks ago. The driver claimed that a low flying bird, caused him to swerve, which in turn caused him to loose his cell phone between the seats, then he slipped off the road into the drink.

Finally, there is some decriminating eveidence to proove to his insurance company, that a bird actually hit his car. I wish I had time to create stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1GfT...eature=related

Last edited by mshanler; 11-28-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-24-2009, 11:46 AM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Where DO these people find the time...

Old 11-24-2009, 12:24 PM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
Lol!

Old 11-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
OMG now that was funny.. I was like WTF , who could have video of this..

Old 11-24-2009, 12:32 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I love it, it is so realistic. I am certain that the insurance company will buy it!

Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 PM
BoxsterG is infamous around these parts
I live not too far (about 50 miles) from where that occurred and they have quite a few Pelicans in that area. However, it appears to me that he trashed that car for either restoration work or insurance money.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:13 PM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
The driver owns a performance automotive sales group. I wonder if it was insured at a higher rate than what he thought he would sell it for.

I think dropping a phone is a reasonable explanation...although not really an acceptable one. (It is illegal to talk and drive without handsfree in many cities.) He probably made up the 'bird' excuse because he was embarassed about driving while on the phone. For $1.5M, I would certainly ONLY be using a phone in hands free. A Buggati comes enabled with a blue tooth, right?

Makes me wonder...if my 911 ends up in a river.....will the electric center door locks still unlock...or will I drown with my car?

Old 11-24-2009, 02:23 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
It seem that someone could come up with a better story for wrecking a $1M car, the average teenager would have a better story for a cracked window on a civic.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:10 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mshanler
Makes me wonder...if my 911 ends up in a river.....will the electric center door locks still unlock...or will I drown with my car?
Man, you got to know this - if ANY car ends in the river you never can open a door as outside water pressure is much stronger than you. You have better chance to get out by braking side window with your ignition key if you have nothing else you can use - keep it tight in your fist and smash into window with full force.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Hey, good advice about breaking the window. Thanks, that could come in really handy some day (but I hope not).

Old 11-24-2009, 03:39 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the great laugh!! Didn't see it coming - very funny!

FYI

http://mythbustersresults.com/episode72

Old 11-24-2009, 04:25 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Man, you got to know this - if ANY car ends in the river you never can open a door as outside water pressure is much stronger than you. You have better chance to get out by braking side window with your ignition key if you have nothing else you can use - keep it tight in your fist and smash into window with full force.
Always a good idea to keep that option in the back of your mind, but as unlikely as is the dive into a river, it's just as unlikely you'll need to break a window. Batteries don't like being underwater, but they don't give up instantly. Your electric windows will work. Wait until you recover from the shock of impact, lower the windows and climb out after the water finishes rushing in. Well, somewhere in that procedure you'll need to release the seat belts. If they weren't buckled you won't be needing any of the above.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks, 997express. That is a great link on escaping your car in the water: http://mythbustersresults.com/episode72 The conventional wisdom appears busted. (BTW - I bet my leaky cab would fill up faster than a coupe. )

That Bugatti driver is lucky the water around galveston never gets more than 3 feet deep.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Nice.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
that guy owns an exotic restoration business in lufkin tx. hmmm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proof that a bird caused that Bugatti to crash