997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

***Interior Picture Thread*** Post Pics of your 997 interior!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:19 AM
TheMethLab is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tommyv
I love the diamond pattern (like a Lambo) on the interior seats. Was that a factory option or aftermarket? Quite striking! You must've pondered that decision for a while. Looks terrific!

Tom
Yea the diamond pattern came out cool. I had all of the interior work done aftermarket. The car was all black stock. Thanks for the kind words.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
L Ray S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TheMethLab
Yea the diamond pattern came out cool. I had all of the interior work done aftermarket. The car was all black stock. Thanks for the kind words.
I like the result as well. Could you say some more about how you had this done? About how long did it take? And it looks like you also did deviated stitching and did some of the contrast in the back seats.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by L Ray S
I like the result as well. Could you say some more about how you had this done? About how long did it take? And it looks like you also did deviated stitching and did some of the contrast in the back seats.
Coach Trim in Danbury, CT did all of the work. They are great guys and do some amazing interiors.

The process was pretty straight forward. Anything I thought up these guys just said yes with confidence. There is deviated stitching throughout. Original black stitching was removed and the yellow stitching was sewn back into the same holes. Done perfectly. The only leather that was replaced was the steering wheel, the shift boot and the brake lever. That leather couldn't be reused after it was removed but the black leather on the seats (front and back) is original. I had them lay the new leather over top of the old leather on the steering wheel to thicken it up a bit.

The only regret I have is not doing the diamond pattern on the door panels. I think that would have tied in nicely.

The biggest delay is getting an appointment with these guys. They are very busy and it's a family business. But I wouldn't trust anyone else with my car. I can't say enough good things about them. I ordered the leather ahead of time and when they got the hide in then I dropped off the car. I think it took about 2-3 weeks to get the hide. From there they did the work in about 2 weeks. I believe I used 1 full hide of leather for the whole thing.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dlchasen
Guards on black full.

how do you paint the face of the pcm area that?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:09 PM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Bara,
It was OEM, but I understand it can be done aftermarket although removal is supposedly a tedious process.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bara
how do you paint the face of the pcm area that?
The dealership once told me they can take it apart and paint it...

Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
First of all I love the FVD steering wheels they look amazing, maybe I am a little old school but I also really like the 911 with the wood shifter **** and steering wheel. I don't think I have ever seen the Terra Cotta and white interior in person but it looks amazing in pics.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
thanks guys. i have a white GT3 w/full leather and the alcantara pieces that come standard on full leather GT3's and am looking for a way to spice it up a bit but i dont want to over due it. maybe just a console or just a pcm face or just the vents in white will do

Old 12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bara
thanks guys. i have a white GT3 w/full leather and the alcantara pieces that come standard on full leather GT3's and am looking for a way to spice it up a bit but i dont want to over due it. maybe just a console or just a pcm face or just the vents in white will do
I didn't know you bought a GT3, congrats man! Enjoy her in good health!

I think a White PCM Face, White Trim Strip & Carbon Fiber Center console would look sweet!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:48 PM
L Ray S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TheMethLab
Coach Trim in Danbury, CT did all of the work. They are great guys and do some amazing interiors.

The process was pretty straight forward. Anything I thought up these guys just said yes with confidence. There is deviated stitching throughout. Original black stitching was removed and the yellow stitching was sewn back into the same holes. Done perfectly. The only leather that was replaced was the steering wheel, the shift boot and the brake lever. That leather couldn't be reused after it was removed but the black leather on the seats (front and back) is original. I had them lay the new leather over top of the old leather on the steering wheel to thicken it up a bit.

The only regret I have is not doing the diamond pattern on the door panels. I think that would have tied in nicely.

The biggest delay is getting an appointment with these guys. They are very busy and it's a family business. But I wouldn't trust anyone else with my car. I can't say enough good things about them. I ordered the leather ahead of time and when they got the hide in then I dropped off the car. I think it took about 2-3 weeks to get the hide. From there they did the work in about 2 weeks. I believe I used 1 full hide of leather for the whole thing.

I hope that answers some of your questions.
Thanks so much for walking me through the process. I had been thinking about doing a two-tone look aftermarket and you gave me the confidence that it could be done.

Now I will need to find a great trim shop in the Houston area.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by L Ray S
Thanks so much for walking me through the process. I had been thinking about doing a two-tone look aftermarket and you gave me the confidence that it could be done.

Now I will need to find a great trim shop in the Houston area.
If you find the right trim shop then you should be fine. The guys that did my car told me all the work I had done was relatively simple.

I love two tone interiors. Good luck and post pics when you get it done. What colors were you thinking of doing?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by sin911
I didn't know you bought a GT3, congrats man! Enjoy her in good health!

I think a White PCM Face, White Trim Strip & Carbon Fiber Center console would look sweet!
thanks. ill post some pics this weekend

Old 12-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

This is a classy interior. I like the way you optioned for the black instrument and sport chrono dials, offsets the natural brown theme nicely.
Originally Posted by adias

This is a full leather interior including rear console, gear-lever surround, bin lid.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:32 PM
nothing special here, just my full leather standard GT3 interior.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Came across this pic on the net, an amazing custom interior by Techart.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: ***Interior Picture Thread*** Post Pics of your 997 interior!