997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My 997 photo shoot in Westchester, New York.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 07:50 PM
JTK
JTK is infamous around these parts
Nicely done, the car looks great, the wheels look great, she's beautiful.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:50 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoeShark

FWIW, I did drop my car with TechArt springs and they have been perfect. Absolutely no problems with the PASM on my car at all, drop of 15mm (looks perfect), and seems to have sharpened up the handling just a bit. I don't track my car and thats why I went springs rather than C/O's and even with my GT3 front bumper, really don't scrap the front much at all (and even when I have, it's a cheap lower lip that is easy to change out). I'd say go for it.
I also had the Techart springs on my Turbo and liked them . I switched to damptronics and there is a great difference . The labor hours to do either is nearly the same and it does take time . The parts themselves have a price gap but in his case if he wants to adjust the ride height the Bilsteins make that possible plus the corner handling contrast between the springs Vs coil overs is different . With the springs I felt that the tires absorbed more of the lateral force wheras the damptronics suspension shares in the process by absorbing some of it.

I like both .. and if springs are the 1st choice he woiuld be very happy with Techart . I do have a picture of the spring side by side with the coil over if it helps as well as a few from the installation.

Attached Images    
Old 11-28-2009, 07:57 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Nice! Love that booty. Wheels look perfect with your car as well.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:11 PM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
Nice ride. I have a 996 4S..lowered with HRE 547R's.....looks good. Ride is fine...firmer but not uncomfortable.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:00 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
Nice photos but what's the point of photo #6 (raised hood/bonnet)?
actually, some people admired that one, i guess everyone has their own opinion on that one, hey you seldom see that, so why not be a little different....lol thanks though

Old 11-28-2009, 11:54 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
actually, some people admired that one, i guess everyone has their own opinion on that one, hey you seldom see that, so why not be a little different....lol thanks though
You usually see that kind of pic taken by muscle car fans. It has become a stereotype of boulevardier show low-riders. Some Vette owners park their cars and pitch their hoods to take pics... I never understood that and I love Vettes, BTW. We start seeing pics of pitched rear spoilers in 911s, again for no purpose. It's the car as a mating-macho-type-image. To each his own.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:07 AM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Nice ride however I'm trying to understand why HRE Competition wheels on a C4 cab weekend cruiser? The stepped lip and shorter thin 5 spoke design make the overall wheel look to small for a wide body....

Old 11-29-2009, 05:29 AM
landsteam is infamous around these parts
Nice pictures, I think I am going to take some also now.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Very nice pics! Photography is quite good. This is my favorite, wall paper material, well done.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:54 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Ron,
Way 2 go.....luv that phat a$$!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Old 11-29-2009, 07:50 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
thanks jjc4scab, i tried.... I always get support from you....

Old 11-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Ron,
Way 2 go.....luv that phat a$$!!!!!!!!!

Jim
thanks Jim aka jjc4scab, i tried.... I always get support from you....By the way i love that a$$ as well, thats why i went with the 4S.

Arerrac911
Very nice pics! Photography is quite good. This is my favorite, wall paper material, well done.
thanks that means alot.... i'm glad to see that I did a good job

landsteam
Nice pictures, I think I am going to take some also now.
please do, i would luv to check out your ride...big porsche guy over here...love them all

FLY996
Nice ride however I'm trying to understand why HRE Competition wheels on a C4 cab weekend cruiser? The stepped lip and shorter thin 5 spoke design make the overall wheel look to small for a wide body....
well, i personally think the look is different, plus the wheels are alot lighter then stock, but besides that, personally preference, i hope that is o.k with you....

rbuisa
Nice ride. I have a 996 4S..lowered with HRE 547R's.....looks good. Ride is fine...firmer but not uncomfortable.
very good to know, considering i live in ny.... but westchester, not the city, but still, i dine in the city, so i head to the city once to twice a week.

lig
Nice! Love that booty. Wheels look perfect with your car as well.
thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShark

FWIW, I did drop my car with TechArt springs and they have been perfect. Absolutely no problems with the PASM on my car at all, drop of 15mm (looks perfect), and seems to have sharpened up the handling just a bit. I don't track my car and thats why I went springs rather than C/O's and even with my GT3 front bumper, really don't scrap the front much at all (and even when I have, it's a cheap lower lip that is easy to change out). I'd say go for it.

yrralis1
I also had the Techart springs on my Turbo and liked them . I switched to damptronics and there is a great difference . The labor hours to do either is nearly the same and it does take time . The parts themselves have a price gap but in his case if he wants to adjust the ride height the Bilsteins make that possible plus the corner handling contrast between the springs Vs coil overs is different . With the springs I felt that the tires absorbed more of the lateral force wheras the damptronics suspension shares in the process by absorbing some of it.

I like both .. and if springs are the 1st choice he woiuld be very happy with Techart . I do have a picture of the spring side by side with the coil over if it helps as well as a few from the installation.
I was waiting for you to chime in, another good person to have on your side for advice, hows everthing, thanks for the feedback, I'm still debating whether c/o's or springs

Last edited by rvhpno80; 11-29-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:57 AM
kagangen is infamous around these parts
gorgeous sled

Old 11-29-2009, 10:51 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
These photos are the most gorgeous I've seen lately! Truly beautiful car and the good old Westchester, I miss her I'll be in NY in a few weeks, if the weather allows, you wanna do a run? Thanks for the photos, I just put mine on too ;-)

Old 11-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
These photos are the most gorgeous I've seen lately! Truly beautiful car and the good old Westchester, I miss her I'll be in NY in a few weeks, if the weather allows, you wanna do a run? Thanks for the photos, I just put mine on too ;-)
yeah but of course, i willing to do a run anytime, i have 2 other guys that are ready anytime on the weekend, all carreras, so keep me posted when you come back overseas....
p.s Thanks a lot on the complement on the pics, that means a lot, i was getting some negative in the beginning about the hood being up along with the rear, and why did i put competition series on my car?....lol,
uhhh maybe because i wanted to
... .., but it is ok, i love the feedback, this is my first official pictures that i have posted of my car, thanks to all......

Last edited by rvhpno80; 11-29-2009 at 02:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My 997 photo shoot in Westchester, New York.....