997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Chrono Sport Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Chrono Sport Mode

Wow. Like a glove. This Weekend was my first chance to take the
car on my favorite country road through the hills. I put it in sport mode and could instantly feel it tighten up and grab the asphault. I don't think I have PASM but then got to woundering how I would know. I have button that says sport and button with a picture of a shock on it. When I hit the sport button both light up.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:49 AM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
Yes, you have PASM.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:52 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
You do have PASM. The button with the shock absorber is the PASM Sport on/off button.

When you turn Sport Chrono Sport on, PASM Sport is also turned on. For street use and less than billiard-like roads you may want to turn PASM Sport off when you turn SC Sport on. That is called the Schumacker mode.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I can see that. It gets a little stiff for regular driving around town. I'm still very cautious with the car. I'd like to take some DE classes but the local PCA doesn't have anything offered for the foreseeable future, I assume due to the weather.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:25 PM
BoxsterG is infamous around these parts
Hmm , a little stiff when i think it is really stiff. Have fun!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I can see that. It gets a little stiff for regular driving around town. I'm still very cautious with the car. I'd like to take some DE classes but the local PCA doesn't have anything offered for the foreseeable future, I assume due to the weather.
You might want to try the Porsche Driving School. It really makes you appreciate your 911. Been twice and it just gets better. Here is the link www.porschedriving.com

Old 12-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Lockie
You might want to try the Porsche Driving School. It really makes you appreciate your 911. Been twice and it just gets better. Here is the link www.porschedriving.com
That looks great. Problem is, I'm already in major "gift debt" with my wife for just buying this car. There's no way I'm getting a weekend pass to fly across country to take part in this for a few years. I was hoping to find something local and cheaper for now.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:56 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
That looks great. Problem is, I'm already in major "gift debt" with my wife for just buying this car. There's no way I'm getting a weekend pass to fly across country to take part in this for a few years. I was hoping to find something local and cheaper for now.
look at your local PCA club for auto-x events - it is fun and relatively cheap thing to do.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by FEGELEIN
How can you not know your options! When in doubt, look at your window sticker! lol
Yes, you have it and it is a great option and feeling.
Well I bought it used and just got it a week ago. I knew it had chrono but PASM wasn't listed on the ad. It wasn't an option I was looking for initially so
it didn't dawn on me. I thought there were two levels of sport chrono availible.
One with pasm called "sports chrono plus" and the regular "sports chrono" without pasm.