997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche NA Closing Dealerships?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 06:24 PM
keenan9 is infamous around these partskeenan9 is infamous around these parts
Porsche NA Closing Dealerships?

I got an email from one of the folks I was in contact with at Porsche of Lexington, KY saying that they were being closed by Porsche North America on December 1st. Anyone else hear of any other dealerships closing?

Here is the email:

Porsche of Lexington as a franchise is closed by Porsche North America starting Tuesday December 1st. It is with sincere regret that I share this announcement. Consider this my personal apology. We were instructed not to divulge any information regarding this matter, and as such prior to today, I had to comply. Please be assured I will assist in any way possible, no matter what the request may be.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. If this is legit then I guess it was a matter of time. Some dealerships are poorly run and in the end this economic downturn should result in a stronger economy.? I guess I can hope, right?

http://www.lexingtonporsche.net/

No sign of closure on the website, though.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:57 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
wow.....

Old 11-30-2009, 07:20 PM
keenan9 is infamous around these partskeenan9 is infamous around these parts
Here is the email:

Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2009, 07:38 PM
pcar09 is infamous around these parts
Dealership listed as a 2010 premier dealer

Here's the link: http://lexington.porschedealer.com/

Old 11-30-2009, 08:16 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
Porsche should let us vote which dealerships to shut down.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Maybe PCNA is pulling the franchise due to a large outstanding debt. Pay up, or your franchise is pulled.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Premier dealerships are simply those that "play by the rules". They are generally smaller and sell far fewer cars at higher prices than other dealerships. I do not think that the dealers that are closing are necessarily poorly run......they are probably relatively weaker dealerships that do not sell so many cars because of where they are located, etc. I believe that the Porshe franchises that are larger or connected to a VW/Audi dealer will do better in the future ( to generalize).

Old 11-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Chris Sanner at N.Olmsted Ohio Porsche mentioned this about 6-8 mos. ago that this would start happening. The smaller non performing dealerships would be shuttered.

Dave

Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
wow...i dont think it's going to be too big of an issue around where i live. i can think of 3 dealerships within 40 min from my house. i dont know how much they are saving by doing this though. i can only imagine.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:17 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It sounds like all those great deals are winding down . First there was the wave of CPO and used cars last year selling at panic bottom prices . Then there was the 09 massive inventory going at great prices .

So let's see -
1) porsche slows production
2) closes select dealerships
3) allocates inventory with expectation of those cars to be sold
4) takes in lease cars which are below residual value and hopes the dealerships can sell them too.

So we see -
1) CPO prices rising
2) Less deals on the 2010 cars .

The only problem is -
Whose buying a car ? So far there are only a handful of 2010 new owners .
The CPO cars are sitting too.

Last edited by yrralis1; 12-01-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
I think that Porsche will go with lower sales ( units) and higher margins.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:10 AM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
Originally Posted by Fahrer
I think that Porsche will go with lower sales ( units) and higher margins.
Why not... Look at Hermes. Low volume, high cost, constant demand.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:50 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Enilder
wow...i dont think it's going to be too big of an issue around where i live. i can think of 3 dealerships within 40 min from my house. i dont know how much they are saving by doing this though. i can only imagine.
Not for me. I've got one dealership about 45 minutes away and than the next nearest dealership is over 3 hours away.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Is there a list that shows which dealers were closed?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche NA Closing Dealerships?