997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help...Advice on Bluetooth Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM
drkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to all
Help...Advice on Bluetooth Options

I just purchased a 2006 997 Carrera S that is super sweet. Only thing the car is missing is Bluetooth and an ipod hook up. I have been reading the boards here and am now considering the Dension Gateway 500 with the additional Bluetooth BTA1500 attachment. Anyone else have this set up? If so, how do you like it? Any other options I should be considering? Thanks for the advice!

Old 12-03-2009, 11:23 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drkside
I just purchased a 2006 997 Carrera S that is super sweet. Only thing the car is missing is Bluetooth and an ipod hook up. I have been reading the boards here and am now considering the Dension Gateway 500 with the additional Bluetooth BTA1500 attachment. Anyone else have this set up? If so, how do you like it? Any other options I should be considering? Thanks for the advice!

You should contact Eric at Bumperplugs - http://www.bumperplugs.com/

Old 12-03-2009, 12:04 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Suncoast has the OEM Ipod integration kit

Old 12-03-2009, 12:20 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911cv
Suncoast has the OEM Ipod integration kit
It does not work on an '06.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drkside
dension, mobridge - there are several options for ipod/bluetooth, i use mobridge and find it acceptably good. microphone noise filtering could be better perhaps but generally it does work ok.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adias
It does not work on an '06.

The factory auxillary kit fits all 2005-08 Carrera, Boxster, and Cayman models. The factory kit is just an input, it won't actually control the iPod functions or song selections.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
+1 on Mobridge. I had the microphone installed at the headliner centered with the steering wheel. As long as the top is up, it all works very well. There is a (Porsche) limitation on the user interface and size of stored phonebook, but that would apply to all brands of this type.

Originally Posted by utkinpol
dension, mobridge - there are several options for ipod/bluetooth, i use mobridge and find it acceptably good. microphone noise filtering could be better perhaps but generally it does work ok.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:12 PM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
Can you post a picture(s) for the installed mic location?

I also have a cab, and am considering the upgrade.

-M

Old 12-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I have the Dension Gateway 500 for iPod integration, and the Gateway BTA1500 for BlueTooth. Both are working flawlessly, and it's a super easy DIY install. Love it! Controlling everything from PCM is terrific, and support from Eric at BumperPlugs couldn't be better.
CATTMAN

Old 12-04-2009, 07:43 PM
stormeister is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Verde
+1 on Mobridge. I had the microphone installed at the headliner centered with the steering wheel. As long as the top is up, it all works very well. There is a (Porsche) limitation on the user interface and size of stored phonebook, but that would apply to all brands of this type.
Add another to the happy moBridge users. Bluetooth/handsfree works well in my non cab. From my iPhone and Blackberry each contact gets multiple entries for home, work and mobile which makes scrolling through large phonebooks annoying - use the 'important numbers' list.

PCM limitations make the iPod interface sucky (but doable) for large lists of artists etc. Similar limits exist in the Tooki, Dension etc I believe.

Enjoy.

Stormeister

Old 12-05-2009, 11:38 AM
patrija is infamous around these parts
Dension + BT1500 in the '07 C4S Cab. I'm happy with it. The only thing I find is that the microphone pickup seems to be fairly soft, so I have to speak loudly. Microphone is installed at the recommended location, which at the headliner center stack by the lights.