997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Top speed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Ilias4s is infamous around these parts
Top speed?

Yesterday at night i made a top speed with my 997 4s cab tipt. 291 km.(180,8 miles)i have ecu softronic and air filter with PSE.Next week i wait the AWE cats !!! how you think is my top speed ok or not ?and with the cats i can see any difference..?
Name:  ??????????.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  14.0 KB

Old 12-05-2009, 01:26 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Who cares? Bragging rights?

Old 12-05-2009, 02:28 PM
R911 is infamous around these parts
i did 293 KM in my stock 997.2
here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25lNQ0g4xxU

Old 12-05-2009, 02:37 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ilias4s
Yesterday at night i made a top speed with my 997 4s cab tipt. 291 km.(180,8 miles)............................................ .............
Attachment 111225
Stay in Greece.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:50 PM
iliasgk74 is infamous around these parts
i stopped in 7200rpm (rev limit 7500 with new ecu program) in 302km (2person + luggages) .
my c4s has pse but manual gearbox and is not cabrio as yours one.
Now i have evoms intake kit but i didnt try top speed again.
tell me price of awe cats!

Old 12-05-2009, 05:25 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I would love to take my 09 997S to top speed but there is no place anywhere near me to do that...or do it this legally.

I did a track event at Daytona 4 weeks ago and hit 165 in the tri-oval and at Sebring 142mph is all I see going into turn 17.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:38 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Top speed runs on public roads with other innocent drivers and their families on them is just stupid and reckless. Sorry but I certainly don't want to share the road with anyone doing this.

Go to a track under controlled conditions where you can't kill innocent bystanders and the only one at risk is you. Let there be no misunderstanding that this behavior is wrong on so many levels.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:47 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
the riceboy forums is over here>>>>>>www.imwithstupid.com

Old 12-05-2009, 10:53 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
I would love to take my 09 997S to top speed but there is no place anywhere near me to do that...or do it this legally.

I did a track event at Daytona 4 weeks ago and hit 165 in the tri-oval and at Sebring 142mph is all I see going into turn 17.

There are the one mile events in South Florida . This was one posted in the Florida section . I've been reading
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ent-miami.html

there's clips on you tube . this shows the road course with good film clarity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwVHi8sV2x8

Old 12-05-2009, 10:58 PM
cl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sayboy
Top speed runs on public roads with other innocent drivers and their families on them is just stupid and reckless. Sorry but I certainly don't want to share the road with anyone doing this.

Go to a track under controlled conditions where you can't kill innocent bystanders and the only one at risk is you. Let there be no misunderstanding that this behavior is wrong on so many levels.
Absolutely Agree. Keep it off the roads and on the track...

Old 12-09-2009, 03:04 PM
GVega35 is infamous around these parts
123 for few secs

Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Vivid Racing now offers its own tuning called www.vrtuned.com. We are no longer affiliated with or sell the other brand of tuning.

Last edited by vividracing; 02-02-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:47 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Originally Posted by sayboy

Going at speed in not reckless. It is drivers driving at 55 mph on the left lane or drinking coffee or talking on cellphone or reading newspaper while driving, etc......... People in Europe drive at high speeds all the time and they are still alive... Try Germany...

p.s. What are bystanders doing on a highway....?

Old 12-10-2009, 03:01 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Speed for the sake of speed is boring and dangerous. the thrill of these cars is in taking turns / cornering at higher speeds than other cars can, accelerating in short bursts in nice roads and twisties, and overall enjoyment of driving the car. Acceleration and cornering are fun....speed kills. Please be careful, and if you must speed like that, lord, do it in the daytime on a VERY PRIVATE stretch of highway, so that you don't accidentally kill someone at night b/c your vision was dimmed.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:50 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ilias4s
Yesterday at night i made a top speed with my 997 4s cab tipt. 291 km.(180,8 miles)i have ecu softronic and air filter with PSE.Next week i wait the AWE cats !!! how you think is my top speed ok or not ?and with the cats i can see any difference..?
Attachment 111225
Darned if I know, but it is great to learn that the Greek attitude toward fast cars and streets has not changed since the photo I just put in my avatar, from about 1968.

I wonder if you could have been one of the kids in the background of that photo? Nah. Probably too young...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top speed?