997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: Which exhasut should i use?
CARGRAPHIC
22.22%
FABSPEED
15.56%
FVD
13.33%
TUBI
40.00%
keep my sharkwerks by pass and add side mufflers
8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

FABSPEED vs TUBI vs CARGRAPHIC vs FVD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:28 AM
911 S is infamous around these parts
FABSPEED vs TUBI vs CARGRAPHIC vs FVD

I know this question was asked 1,0000,000 times.. But since im not in the USA, its very hard for me to judge on the best exhaust for my 2009 C2S through youtube clips.. therefore i would u guys who heard these exhausts in person to help me pick the loudest with no or minimal drone or resonance..

I already have the Sharkwerks bypass, but i want something louder, some suggested to keep my bypass and go for side mufflers..

But i dont mind buying a new exhaust.. I just want the C2S to sound great and loud.. I dont use it daily.. so no issues there..

what do u guys think i should do..

Old 12-07-2009, 05:25 AM
designo has a spectacular aura aboutdesigno has a spectacular aura aboutdesigno has a spectacular aura about
I will be also anxiously waiting for opinions!

Old 12-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Keep your Sharky center bypass pipe and add Cargraphic super sound export side mufflers.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Koby is infamous around these parts
if you already have the sharwerks crossover, you really only need to buy the side mufflers...

i have a tubi system, but understand that the crossover pipes on it are the same as the sharkwerks corssover... talk with alex and he'll sort you out i'm sure

think all the above manufacturers have the available separately...

i've hear both the cargraphics and i have the tubi and they are both great sounding systems. would say the craftsmanship on the tubi is a bit nicer, but both are very well made.

good luck, dont think you can go wrong with any of the above...

Old 12-07-2009, 08:26 AM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
personally, im a big fan of cargraphic. I heard the loud version of the mufflers on a carrera when i was in Germany.
I also have the same issue that you're facing, cant trust the sound clips....

Old 12-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
I'd say go with either Tubi or Cargraphic, but since you already have the Sharkwerks bypass, my vote was for Cargraphic Super Sound Export side mufflers. It's a great combination, with a nice throaty sound.
I know you can trust sound clips 100%, but I can honestly tell you this video we made is pretty darn close to how the system sounds in person. The car in the video has that exact setup: CG side mufflers and sharky bypass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elc1NODFB4w

Old 12-07-2009, 09:44 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZoSo_DXB
personally, im a big fan of cargraphic. I heard the loud version of the mufflers on a carrera when i was in Germany.
I also have the same issue that you're facing, cant trust the sound clips....
I do not comprehend how simple welded cans can cost more than 25 hundred bucks. Even 15 hundred is too much for this simple item, so, my vote is for cheapest ones, if anybody finds stock ones to to be adequate. Power gains from hi flow cats, not from mufflers anyway.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I do not comprehend how simple welded cans can cost more than 25 hundred bucks. Even 15 hundred is too much for this simple item, so, my vote is for cheapest ones, if anybody finds stock ones to to be adequate. Power gains from hi flow cats, not from mufflers anyway.
In reality, you'll find that adding cats really only changes sound, and adds no real power gains. The power gains come from freeing the flow of the headers and the rest of the exhaust system.

As for the cost...well, it comes down to engineering. All the manufacturers listed in this thread take the time to design, engineer, and test their products to insure the best possible performance, fit, and finish. All of these things carry a cost unfortunately.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
I haven't heard the others on a 997.2 car, but I have heard the Tubi and liked the way it sounded in combination with the Sharkwerks bypass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnfS9ZzIFxw

Old 12-07-2009, 12:22 PM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I agree, the mod market for porsche is over priced. Now im not saying knock off 50% of the price since naturally everyone wants to make the most profit possible, but a fair price would be nice.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:47 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
The same happened to me...

First I installed the Sharkwerks bypass pipe. Felt a very subtle difference in sound, but liked it

After 2 weeks, I was wanting to get a more exotic sound from my 997.2 C4S

Alex sold me the TUBI side mufflers and now I am completely happy ! At idle it's relaxed, but once you floor the car it screams !

Old 12-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Here is our setup of the Maxflo Mufflers on Loud with the X Pipe Primary Bypass. It sounds more sporty and aggressive but not too loud, so its great for everyday driving. I havent heard the Tubi live but from what customers tell me, it sounds good but needs a primary bypass for the perfect sound and power combination.
Thanks,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4HbDRh3FvM

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 12-07-2009 at 01:53 PM.