997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Evoms CEL???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Hadee997 is infamous around these partsHadee997 is infamous around these parts
997 Evoms CEL???

I have a 997 and my Evoms Intake has been on for about 4 months now the CEL just came on yesterday the car runs perfect im super frustrated could this be the cause of it? Should i just put the stock intake back on? I hate buying parts that aren't OEM for this very reason!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
the CEL could be on for so many reasons ...hard to imagine that 4 months later the intake would cause a CEL (believe the common root cause here is too much oil on the filter)

best thing you can do is get the Durametric software - will let you know in minutes what it is up (albeit at time cryptic) ...alternative is your local indy/Autozone/etc to have them read the fault code[s]

Old 12-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
^^ Agreed. The CEL could be on for SO many reasons. If the intake was going to be the cause of the light, it would most likely have appeared immediately after installing the intake.

Best bet would be to have someone scan the code to see exactly which code it is. Then go from there...

Old 12-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
Does the EVOMS intake have an oiled filter? Then your MAF might be dirty.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
There is one problem that I know of that occurs with the EVOMS CAI. The attachment of the air hose to the throttle body leaks or comes loose - if it isn't snugged up and/or reseated now and then. Not a common issue, but I know of a few cases (including me). You have have to look pretty closely to see that air is leaking in to the intake system - causing a fault/CEL.
Other than that, it could be anything. That's why I keep a copy of diagnostic software around to home in on these problems. I may not be able to fix the problems, but I like knowing what the story is, and to determine if the car is roadworthy or not.
BTW, the new iPhone Rev app (by DevToaster) along with an OBDII wireless interface will help you diagnose some problems and recheck the CEL. BTW, it's a very cool app.
(I have no affiliation with the DevToaster folks but I do own a copy).

Old 12-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Chris-997 is infamous around these parts
Gl...

Old 12-12-2009, 05:38 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Go to fabspeed.com and order

CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner Spray $12 can
  • Cleans all Mass Air Flow Sensor safely and quickly
  • Adds and restores lost horsepower and gasoline mileage
  • Works on all vehicles in your fleet
  • Saves money as you NEVER have to replace a MAF Sensor again
  • Eliminates Check Engine Lights C.E.L.s due to fouled/oiled sensors
  • Do it yourself solution, maintenance and money saver!
    : -> click here to PLACE ORDER
Get rid of that intake and get an X-51. two paper filters = no CEL

Last edited by lardog; 12-12-2009 at 05:42 PM.