997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Winter 18" set up. 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Krashdoc is infamous around these parts
Winter 18" set up. 997.2

After some internet research, decided to go with 18in alpin PA2 (235/40 F and 265/40 R). What size are you guys running?
Did not get to drive on any snow but did manage to drive in 9 F weather. It held up ok for gentle acceleration and braking. I am looking forward to the first snow. I always wanted darker shade rims and this fulfills my appetite.

Anyone running 4S with snow tires during summer have run into problems? I neglected to change it out for the summer. It has been in the 80s where I live. I have not had much problems although I have not been pushing it hard.

Last edited by Krashdoc; 07-23-2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: new question
Old 12-13-2009, 06:39 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Krashdoc
After some internet research, decided to go with 18in alpin PA2 (235/40 F and 265/40 R). What size are you guys running?
Did not get to drive on any snow but did manage to drive in 9 F weather. It held up ok for gentle acceleration and braking. I am looking forward to the first snow. I always wanted darker shade rims and this fulfills my appetite.
Just put on a package. Victor equipment wheels, Alpin PA2 265/40 18 rear, 235/40 18 front. Love them. Smoother ride than the 19" stockers.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:35 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Same here

Originally Posted by 07speed
Just put on a package. Victor equipment wheels, Alpin PA2 265/40 18 rear, 235/40 18 front. Love them. Smoother ride than the 19" stockers.
+1 The ride is a bit smoother and the car doesn't move around as much over uneven pavement.

The narrower snow tires should also resist hydroplaning better.

Good luck with the Michelin's. They look state of the art. I'm running an old Conti TS810S that is about to be discontinued.

DRP

Old 12-13-2009, 07:36 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I am running 235/40R annd265/40R-18 Michelin PAl's on 18x8.5 and 18x10 O.Z. Alleggerita's. So far worked out really well. Got mine from Tirerack. Love your pictures especially the angle on the second one. Wheels looking really good on your car. Are those stock center caps on the O.Z alleggerita's?

Old 12-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I am running 235/40R annd265/40R-18 Michelin PAl's on 18x8.5 and 18x10 O.Z. Alleggerita's. So far worked out really well. Got mine from Tirerack. Love your pictures especially the angle on the second one. Wheels looking really good on your car. Are those stock center caps on the O.Z alleggerita's?

I popped out the caps from the OEM 19" rims and put them on the OZs. Since you already installed your OZs with the stock caps, you can very easily pop them out and replace them. Porsche sells the cap removal tool for $$. You can use two small allen wrenches. Just put the shorter ends into the holes and pop it out. Look at your removed OEM wheels and see how they are mounted. You can simply push out the OEM caps from the original wheels with your hand since they are already dismounted. (Matte graphite OZs look great on your car)

Can anyone tell me how to place pics within the context of the post rather than as an attatchment? thx

Old 12-13-2009, 11:02 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
I popped out the caps from the OEM 19" rims and put them on the OZs. Since you already installed your OZs with the stock caps, you can very easily pop them out and replace them. Porsche sells the cap removal tool for $$. You can use two small allen wrenches. Just put the shorter ends into the holes and pop it out. Look at your removed OEM wheels and see how they are mounted. You can simply push out the OEM caps from the original wheels with your hand since they are already dismounted. (Matte graphite OZs look great on your car)

Can anyone tell me how to place pics within the context of the post rather than as an attatchment? thx
you can download them into you pics, and then once you add the pics, click on the pic and it has a link that you copy and then paste with your posting by clicking on the little picture above with the mountain and moon( thats what it looks like) and then it will come up, when you scroll over it it says insert image. it should come up like this....
like this[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rvhpno80
you can download them into you pics, and then once you add the pics, click on the pic and it has a link that you copy and then paste with your posting by clicking on the little picture above with the mountain and moon( thats what it looks like) and then it will come up, when you scroll over it it says insert image. it should come up like this....
like this[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks!

Last edited by Krashdoc; 07-22-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:20 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Thanks!
anytime...now we she your beauty nice and clear.....

Old 12-14-2009, 09:30 AM
aroby is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 07speed
What width are the rear tires? I was looking at Pirelli Sottozeros on Victors - the max width of the Pirellis are at the limit of the 11"width of the Victors on my C4S.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Cayman S 2009 is infamous around these parts
I have the exactly tire/wheels set ordered, and they should be in today. The only different is I have 295 for the rear tire and the Alleggerita HLT with Anthracite Painted to match my Meteor Grey. How does the offset works on the car? The Matte Graphite Silver really looks nice with black.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Cayman S 2009 is infamous around these parts

Krashdoc, does the wheel come with the carbon o.z. center cap?

Old 12-14-2009, 12:36 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aroby
What width are the rear tires? I was looking at Pirelli Sottozeros on Victors - the max width of the Pirellis are at the limit of the 11"width of the Victors on my C4S.
Challenge I had with TireRack-all their 18" wheel/tire packages for C4S spec a 10" wheel where Victor offers the OE 11" as specced in the owners manual.

So I ordered the Pirelli Sottozero N2's from Tirerack and the Victor Zehn wheels locally from my Discount Tires location. Will have the tires mounted locally.

Tirerack's price on TPMS sensors is also very good at $95.

A bit of a mix and match game and best to have your owners manual handy to reference the recommended sizing as it varies by S/Non-S and 4/Non-4.

Looks like a fantastic winter combo.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:40 PM
aroby is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sayboy
Challenge I had with TireRack-all their 18" wheel/tire packages for C4S spec a 10" wheel where Victor offers the OE 11" as specced in the owners manual.

So I ordered the Pirelli Sottozero N2's from Tirerack and the Victor Zehn wheels locally from my Discount Tires location. Will have the tires mounted locally.
So what size rear wheels did you get with the Sottozero N2s? 11" or 10"?

Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aroby
So what size rear wheels did you get with the Sottozero N2s? 11" or 10"?
The Victor Zehn's I ordered are 11"

Old 12-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Cayman S 2009
Krashdoc, does the wheel come with the carbon o.z. center cap?
My wheels are anthracites not matte. I was debating between the Matte graphite and anthracites. I had my partners at work vote on one or the other. Anthracite was the winner. The Alleg HLTs came with silver OZ center caps. I popped them out and put the OEMs on them. The 18 x 10 (rear) and 18 x8.5 fit well. I did not use any spacers. Mine is a C2S not a C4.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter 18" set up. 997.2