997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Nice write up Cattman.

I care
Thanks, Ed.
Seems so dull around here. What's the deal? Are people just owners now, not enthusiasts? It's all becoming: what should I offer for this car, or, what is this car worth, etc.

It's almost not worthwhile to share, share, share, since it seems like very few others bother to add value and expand knowledge.
Ahh, well. Maybe I should listen to The Smiths and go to bed, LOL!
John

Old 01-16-2010, 10:55 PM
ng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the rough
I care. I live in Roswell and would really like to come by and check it out. I've been following the thread. Very nice write ups.

Cattman, we met at Hennessy a little over a year ago. I had not had my car very long at the time. Since then I've done the pse and bought another set of track wheels and tires and have been having a good time. Four DEs last year and plan on more this year.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:56 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
It is typical of the winter, a lot of us northern people put there Porsche's away for the winter, and don't bother to login. Our local PCA forum has been brutally slow the last few weeks. Keep posting, I am sure someone will start a thread about a M3 or something like that.

I don't spend too much time on the weekends, but wanted to see how your day went today. Keep it up.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:13 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Don't stop, if anything you give simpletons like me the courage to pick up a screwdriver and learn new things

I can't tell you how much satisfaction i get from doing these things myself now, the next project bigger than the last

if this continues i might buy that SC off you when you're done with it

jp

Old 01-17-2010, 04:35 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
[quote=Cattman;2690762]Thanks, Ed.
Seems so dull around here. What's the deal? Are people just owners now, not enthusiasts? It's all becoming: what should I offer for this car, or, what is this car worth, etc.

John,
+1.......tired of the "how much should I pay?" threads. Need more threads like these , so people will see the DIY mod is possible

Jim

Old 01-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Looking good John!

Sorry I missed your call. I just got home late last night from Charleston.

I would have loved to help.....well at least supervise.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:37 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brando
Looking good John!

Sorry I missed your call. I just got home late last night from Charleston.

I would have loved to help.....well at least supervise.

Brando,
u could of taken the pics! Or video! I luv to see a wrench fly every once in a while

Jim

Old 01-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Wink

I have thrown a few wrenches in my time.........lol

Here is a pic of my "pile of parts" from my previous car.

Installed the Vortech kit in one day whit a friends help.

Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Brando,
u could of taken the pics! Or video! I luv to see a wrench fly every once in a while

Jim

Old 01-17-2010, 06:56 AM
I have thrown a few wrenches in my time.........lol

Here is a pic of my "pile of parts" from my previous car.

Installed the Vortech kit in one day whit a friends help.

ONE DAY?????????????????????????????? Holy crap!

Old 01-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Wink

But......it was a whole lot easier with everything in one spot.....in the FRONT engine bay!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:00 AM
p-cardriver is infamous around these parts
I care too - lurking in this thread but loving it. Keep posting its all great info and as already noted helpful for the little projects while inspiring the bigger ones!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:06 AM
But......it was a whole lot easier with everything in one spot.....in the FRONT engine bay!

U got me on that one! I thought that was quite LARGE for a Porsche

Old 01-17-2010, 08:27 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Jim, you need to do a DIY Cat install thread.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:31 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
John,

Good to see you getting a great start!
Before you know it,it will be done in no time flat and you will be rippin' around the streets!
Nice work so far....and yes I was looking forward to these forums to livin' up a bit!
In my case,with the install, I had to run out every time I needed a tool and I also waited for parts on 3 separate occasions(which CAN take a ton of time with clearing borders/customs).
Not to 'pat' myself on the back BUT I hope I have made John's life JUST a bit easier by giving him the tool list and even sending him a few tools before starting!

FWIW....anybody CAN install one of these themselves....all it takes is a little time,patience and a few tools...!
I am sure THAT John and/or I if approached will be more than happy to lend whomever decides to try an install like this some advice if needed!

Lookin' forward the injector install John,LOL!!!!

Stacy

Old 01-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Thanks, everyone, for the pep talk and the PM's and phone calls. Last night I drank too much wine, and so slept late. Today I am spending time with my beautiful 4 year old son, and will watch some football.

Hopefully I will be back under the car from around 5-10pm.

Here is a pic of my hands today- all cut up and nasty looking. I wore latex exam gloves, but didn't seem to help much. Nothing I use will get the black dirt off my nails, not even Fast Orange. Any suggestions? I can't go to work like this on Monday!

Couple questions:
-Any ideas on repairing the broken smog hose?
-What do you all know about Royal Purple motor oil?
-In addition to the locking key, do our cars come with a 19m hex for the other lug nuts?

Lastly:
-Yes, Stacy made my life a LOT easier in many ways. Not only were many of the parts labeled, in terms of what connects to what, but he gave me a thorough tool list, and sent me some of the tools he fabricated. But more than anything, his thread has been a lifesaver, as it's FAR more detailed than the instructions from VF-E. Each one of the steps, such as "mount front radiator", really has about a dozen sub-steps. I would like to detail each of them, including which tool to use for each.
CATTMAN

Attached Images  

Last edited by Cattman; 01-17-2010 at 09:48 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman