997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Question

John,

A question for ya........have you thought about adding any gauges????

I never felt comfortable running any aftermarket, bolt on FI, without adding some guages to keep an eye on what's going on.

I used the Zeitronix unit in my last car and it worked great.

Granted, after it is set, things should stay pretty constant. But there is peace of mind in being able to watch the AF Ratio and boost pressures on a regular basis.

You are dealing with altered ECU signals....

Old 01-17-2010, 10:27 AM
ng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by w00zie
Don't stop, if anything you give simpletons like me the courage to pick up a screwdriver and learn new things

I can't tell you how much satisfaction i get from doing these things myself now, the next project bigger than the last

if this continues i might buy that SC off you when you're done with it

jp
Well said. Because of this board, I've learned to do my own brakes and am going to tackle a few more things on my car. I may not post much but, I sure have learned a lot.

Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
As someone who has a VF-SC sitting in my garage, I'm watching this thread with interest to see how well it goes for Cattman. I'm thinking I may want to give John and Stacy a chance to jointly install mine one day to see if the 2 of them together could set some new kind of record! Whattaya think guys, 3 days?
BTW John, be careful with the labels Stacy gave you. I think he may have messed with you and mis-labeled things to slow you down. (I wonder why he labeled this IC hose to connects to the throttle body?)

However, it sounds like you've gotten off to a good start, except for the excessive drinking last night that will put you behind today it appears.

Why is it that every time we work on these cars our hands get so cut up? Too many tight spaces I guess.

Keep up the good work. I too am tired of pricing assistance threads. There are plenty of resources out there to determine pricing without soliciting subjective opinions here.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Working together, Stacy and I could install a unit in 8 hours. I'm throwing down the gauntlet. I'd fly out to you to do it with Stacy just for the bet.
CATTMAN

Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
As someone who has a VF-SC sitting in my garage, I'm watching this thread with interest to see how well it goes for Cattman. I'm thinking I may want to give John and Stacy a chance to jointly install mine one day to see if the 2 of them together could set some new kind of record! Whattaya think guys, 3 days?
BTW John, be careful with the labels Stacy gave you. I think he may have messed with you and mis-labeled things to slow you down. (I wonder why he labeled this IC hose to connects to the throttle body?)

However, it sounds like you've gotten off to a good start, except for the excessive drinking last night that will put you behind today it appears.

Why is it that every time we work on these cars our hands get so cut up? Too many tight spaces I guess.

Keep up the good work. I too am tired of pricing assistance threads. There are plenty of resources out there to determine pricing without soliciting subjective opinions here.
Originally Posted by Cattman
Working together, Stacy and I could install a unit in 8 hours. I'm throwing down the gauntlet. I'd fly out to you to do it with Stacy just for the bet.
CATTMAN
No comment....THIS is Ken's way of getting a good deal on an install,LOL!!!
CHEAP-bugger,LOL!!!

Besides Ken Don't you need a car first!
HEY wait a minute!
Ken IF you bought my Cab,we could save you another $1,000 for the ECU programming(already done)........and the car is already on the jack-stands waiting to go !

Stacy

Old 01-17-2010, 12:55 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Jim, you need to do a DIY Cat install thread.

Ed,
as soon as it warms up a little I will do the install of the cats and start a thread with pics

Old 01-17-2010, 01:07 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
John,
Great detail on this thread.....I followed along like I am with ya! Even a little slow today because of the "Overserving" of wine! LOL

Jim

Old 01-17-2010, 01:15 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
CATTMAN
Yeah, but I'd be the one having to live with the results of you 2 winos slapping the sucker in quickly without due diligence. Bad idea Ken.

Originally Posted by justatoy
No comment....THIS is Ken's way of getting a good deal on an install,LOL!!!
CHEAP-bugger,LOL!!!

Besides Ken Don't you need a car first!
HEY wait a minute!
Ken IF you bought my Cab,we could save you another $1,000 for the ECU programming(already done)........and the car is already on the jack-stands waiting to go !

Stacy
After your install, removal, and re-install, your car will be a loose bucket of bolts. Plus, your inflated Canadian prices are too high.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:17 PM
[quote=keninirvine;2691415]Yeah, but I'd be the one having to live with the results of you 2 winos slapping the sucker in quickly without due diligence. Bad idea Ken.

ROFL Good one Ken

Old 01-17-2010, 01:44 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Yeah, but I'd be the one having to live with the results of you 2 winos slapping the sucker in quickly without due diligence. Bad idea Ken.
really bad idea, Stacy may leave you with a number of problems tht need to be de bugged, that means free room and board for him in SoCal!

Old 01-17-2010, 01:48 PM
p-cardriver is infamous around these parts
...Nothing I use will get the black dirt off my nails, not even Fast Orange. Any suggestions? I can't go to work like this on Monday!

Couple questions:
-Any ideas on repairing the broken smog hose?
-What do you all know about Royal Purple motor oil?
-In addition to the locking key, do our cars come with a 19m hex for the other lug nuts?
Can't help with the three questions, and I never thought I'd be able to contribute to this thread! But on the hands...use a soft bristle brush (I have a finger nail brush thanks to my wife, but a soft toothbrush will do) and lots of your favorite soap. Not a lot of pressure, just a lot of scrubbing. Then wash your hair. Get some good lather going and work it with your finger tips. I don't know what this does to my hair, but it does clean my fingernails!
I wonder if there is something you can put on your hands before the gloves go on to keep the grease/grime out...?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
BTW, the entire installation is being video recorded from 12 feet high- not up close, so not great for DIY help. However, I plan to take the footage and speed it up, so that you can see us moving around the car at 4x speed, and watch the entire installation in 5 mins. Should be funny, at a minimum.
CATTMAN

Old 01-17-2010, 03:06 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
BTW, the entire installation is being video recorded from 12 feet high- not up close, so not great for DIY help. However, I plan to take the footage and speed it up, so that you can see us moving around the car at 4x speed, and watch the entire installation in 5 mins. Should be funny, at a minimum.
CATTMAN

What, no high def helmet cam??

looking forward to seeing some footage!

Old 01-17-2010, 03:14 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
still get to see the flying wrenches

Old 01-17-2010, 05:14 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
John,
Great detail on this thread.....I followed along like I am with ya! Even a little slow today because of the "Overserving" of wine! LOL

Jim
Don't blame the wine,we know the truth,LOL!

After your install, removal, and re-install, your car will be a loose bucket of bolts. Plus, your inflated Canadian prices are too high.
IT's NOT my car.......so....get the "drink-on" then have-at-it!
This coming from the share holder in Yellow Tail,LOL!
And I won't charge you for those EXTRA bolts!

[QUOTE=jjc4scab;2691418]

ROFL Good one Ken
Yeah GOOD-ONE!.........just because he sold you some cats,all of a sudden you are GOOD buddies.....PLEASE.....

Originally Posted by NorthVan
really bad idea, Stacy may leave you with a number of problems tht need to be de bugged, that means free room and board for him in SoCal!
Great Idea Ed,I will have to remember this IF Ken ever gets a car and decides to man-up and have the charger installed!

Originally Posted by lakercarrera
still get to see the flying wrenches
ROFL....YOU will....especially WHEN he IS installing the injectors!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman