997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:15 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I told you he was messing with you!
Gonna eat those words Ken,LOL!!!!!!
Read the LAST statement!

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Maybe this is why Stacy really pulled it out, he realized it wasn't 100% perfect and he couldn't live with the idea of it not being perfect!

John, I am impressed, keep up the great work.
Ed I am not that picking!
Yes John I am impressed....especially with the enthusiasm!

Originally Posted by Cattman
This diagram shows the hose with the bends at each end running how Stacy had it, hence his labelling is based in this, from VF-E.

I assume this layout is right, and Stacy is right, and I am wrong. But I am still going to evaluate it and perhaps swap a hose around, for better fitment on the hose from the driver's side of the center radiator, past the driver's wheel well, and then to the 90 degree turn at the gas tank.
CATTMAN
I did my best to label everything as best I could and I hope I have made it easier for you!?

Stacy

Old 01-18-2010, 10:00 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Ed I am not that picking!
Yeah Right!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-starts.html

Old 01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Great progress!! Way to utilise your resources.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Stacy,
YES YES YES, your labelling has certainly made things easier! I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't! I just need to re-consider the lines on the driver's side, as I cannot sort out why there is a clamp under the tape at precisely where I need to be able to bend the hose around the gas tank. I think I may have it the wrong way, or be using the wrong hose, as the bent end should be here. I'll take a look when I get back to it tonight, and let you know.

But please hear this: YOUR LABELLING and HELP have been FANTASTIC! That's why I bought it from you, my friend!
CATTMAN

Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
CarGuy21 is infamous around these partsCarGuy21 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by p-cardriver
I wonder if there is something you can put on your hands before the gloves go on to keep the grease/grime out...?
Vinyl or Nitrile gloves work better for keeping the grease and dirt off your hands. Latex is too porous and holds the dirt. The other gloves the stuff just wipes right off. You can get them in boxes of 50 pairs at your local Walgreens, CVS, etc.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
HELP!
Can anyone answer me how to run the IC line from the pump (on driver's side) into engine bay (passenger side)? Do I just go right up over the transmission case?
CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 01-18-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:06 PM
HELP!
Can anyone answer me how to run the IC line from the pump (on driver's side) into engine bay (passenger side)? Do I just go right up over the transmission case?
CATTMAN

Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
HELP!
CATTMAN
Hey John Yes over the transmission and then I followed some sort of aluminum lines up once I got into the engine bay and zapped strap to those!
I will see IF I can find a pic for you and update this post!
In one of the pics you can see where the two lines enter the upper engine bay.Really hard to get a pic of this routing but on the driver side just go over the transmission and up into the engine bay....the hose IS pretty much free standing until you cross over to the passenger side at which point I did zap strap it to that aluminum coolant line!
You have my number IF you need some verbal confirmation!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-18-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:53 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Hey John Yes over the transmission and then I followed some sort of aluminum lines up once I got into the engine bay and zapped strap to those!
I will see IF I can find a pic for you and update this post!
In one of the pics you can see where the two lines enter the upper engine bay.Really hard to get a pic of this routing but on the driver side just go over the transmission and up into the engine bay....the hose IS pretty much free standing until you cross over to the passenger side at which point I did zap strap it to that aluminum coolant line!
You have my number IF you need some verbal confirmation!

Stacy

OMG.....Stacy, is that your car with all the dirt? What is wrong with you? ROFL

Old 01-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
OMG.....Stacy, is that your car with all the dirt? What is wrong with you? ROFL
That was from a long time ago my friend...and you say I have OCD....now the truth comes out who has the problem!
I am OK that.....it is a bit dusty...after-all it is JUST a car!

Stacy

Old 01-18-2010, 08:06 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
That was from a long time ago my friend...and you say I have OCD....now the truth comes out who has the problem!
I am OK that.....it is a bit dusty...after-all it is JUST a car!

Stacy

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that rep crap is really buggin u! LMAO

Jim

Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that rep crap is really buggin u! LMAO

Jim
Not as much as being denied a phone call to you BECAUSE you are watching the Bachelor...ARE YOU KIDDING ME.....?

I guess the truth is out now.....ehhhh Jimmy boy!?

Stacy

Old 01-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Not as much as being denied a phone call to you BECAUSE you are watching the Bachelor...ARE YOU KIDDING ME.....?

I guess the truth is out now.....ehhhh Jimmy boy!?

Stacy

Its called mindless entertainment

Old 01-19-2010, 06:57 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Jim...not the Bachelor

My wife went out last night, and when she came home she asked if I recorded it for her, my reply was "are you kidding me?!" I am not a MNF but that would have been on well before mindless crap

Old 01-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Well, last night was up and down. I spent far too long ree-xamining the lines for the 3rd day, as something still doesn't sit right with me.

The hoses I have don't have the same formation as the ones in the VF-E instructions, so there is an awkward area on the driver's side where the hose goes past the front wheel well, around the gas tank, and into the center tunnel. Pic attached.

The VF-E instructions and photos show that there should be a bend where the hose turns around the gas tank, and in fact that's exactly what it does on the passenger side, and works perfectly. However, on the driver's side, not only is there no bend in the hose, but there is some kind of metal unit under the woven hose, which prevents me from making that turn easily. Not sure what to do, but I might have to order a couple of new hoses. I am looking into that now. This is extremely frustrating, as I think the hoses should be doable in an hour or two once the underpanels and front bumper are off. Yet I am still tinkering with them. Then I ran the last hose from the pump (in front of rear driver’s wheel) up over the transmission, which doesn’t seem secured to anything, just kind of looped over it? and then up into the passenger side of the engine bay.

Other issues: I can’t get the driver's side radiator shroud back on, as the new hoses interfere with it, and I can't come up with a solution that will allow them to fit, other than cutting a 1 inch notch in the shroud. Pic attached.

Ugh!

So I took a break from that and moved to the engine bay:

-removed the EVOMS CAI (kind of funny removing one mod to install another!)
-removed throttle body
-removed plenum
-removed crank vent line (for cylinders 4-6 on pass side and 1-3 on driver’s side). The fitting on the end of the pass side hose broke off- the hose is SOOOO brittle, almost like glass. I ordered a new one, $100, but may not need it, we’ll see.
-removed the main vacuum line from both sides of the engine bay
-tried to attach the rubber line from what was attached to the driver’s side crank vent tube, but the nipple on the new fitting is too small for that hose! Not even a clip or clamp would make it snug enough, it’s like “throwing a hot dog down a hallway”. Essentially, the male end of the new piece is too thin to fit tightly into to the female end of the rubber hose. Again, dead end.

So I went under the car, and tried to remove the coolant hose bracket from the driver’s side, and guess what? Dead end. The bolt is inaccessible, even with the hose out of the bracket. This sucks.

So, went under the car and removed the coil pack covers, no problem.

Finally, tried to reattach the homelink unit and bracket, and struggled here too, and wasn't able to do it.

Anyway, I worked from 7pm-1am, another 6 hours, bringing my total to 14.5 hours. Of that, I'd say half of has been wasted. Pretty frustrated right now, but plan to get back to it tonight, hopefully make some progress. Tonight I will remove the coil pack connectors, remove the fuel rail, and try to remove the injectors and install the new, larger injectors.

Looks like more frustration is in my future.
CATTMAN

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman