997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:50 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
John.....

Update brother...or better yet....do you need any help to get that thing started?

Stacy

Old 01-26-2010, 06:50 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Trust me they were NOT chanting for anything other than for him to leave,LOL!!!

Stacy

"They"..........I didnt know your wife was here also

Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
J,,

Fire that thing!

Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
The one time I need to find Stacy to ask him an installation question that only he and one other guy know the answer to, he doesn't answer his phone!

Seriously, I've known him for over a year, and I've never once called that he didn't answer, but, Murphy's Law, tonight's the night!

If you can reach him, please do so, and ask him to give me a call- thanks! Question has to do with the wiring at the MAF line.
CATTMAN

Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
The one time I need to find Stacy to ask him an installation question that only he and one other guy know the answer to, he doesn't answer his phone!

Seriously, I've known him for over a year, and I've never once called that he didn't answer, but, Murphy's Law, tonight's the night!

If you can reach him, please do so, and ask him to give me a call- thanks! Question has to do with the wiring at the MAF line.
CATTMAN
WTF....?

I was having an afternoon nap,tough day at work...sheeesh...bustin' my ***** here!
I told you IF you do not get ahold of me CALL back...I am always there...except when I am sleeping!

Happy now!?

FWIW...I think John IS getting close to firing his car....judging by the questions he was asking!
Wiring in the resistor.....MAF wire!

Stacy

PS Jim called right after I talked to you!

Last edited by justatoy; 01-26-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:09 PM

CATTMAN

john,
Called him @ 9:56.....he said he talked 2 u. Good luck brother!

Old 01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Getting VERY close, working too hard to talk!
Here's a pic.
Engine bay is a couple minutes from being totally buttoned up. Not sure the hood will close, but at this point I don't care!
CATTMAN

Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Where does this attach? Does it connect to the nipple on the underside of this metal piece I am pointing to in the 2nd pic?
CATTMAN

Attached Images   
Old 01-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by cattman
where does this attach? Does it connect to the nipple on the underside of this metal piece i am pointing to in the 2nd pic?
Cattman
yes!
Now get that thing fired up already,LOL!

Old 01-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Getting VERY close, working too hard to talk!
Here's a pic.
Engine bay is a couple minutes from being totally buttoned up. Not sure the hood will close, but at this point I don't care!
CATTMAN
Also John,

That oil catch can line will run in front of the coolant reservoir around it and underneath to the oil catch can IT is the exact length that was in my car...just thought I would point that out for you!

Old 01-26-2010, 10:31 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Any whine from the charger yet!

Old 01-27-2010, 12:09 AM
yes!
Well, here's what happened:
-started to fill the IC lines from the reservoir/ fill tank in the rear, and it very quickly stopped taking in any more liquid. I figured this would happen, and that I'd need to run the new pump to start moving it through the system, etc.
-pulled the fuel pump fuse, just in case, reconnected the ground to the battery, and put in the key, turned to on. Everything went on, which was a relief, but the new pump didn't activate.

Turns out we didn't connect the 3rd wire to the relay at the passenger side washer nozzle. Should be a 5 min fix tomorrow, at which point I should be able to fill the IC lines and get all the air out.

Very bummed to have to stop this close to being done, but it was 1am here, and at 32 degrees F, I was already half frozen- the shop I am working in is not climate controlled at all.

Soooo, tomorrow afternoon I will head back to the shop, get that wire connected, and try again to start the pump so I can fill the IC lines. If that all goes smoothly, I'll crank it, and let it idle on the stands for awhile just to see how it all goes. If smoothly still, I'll put the body panels back on, and go for a spin, using the Durametric to log AFR, etc.

So close, but yet so far!
CATTMAN

PS MAJOR thanks to Nick, who came to the shop again tonight to lend a hand, and help problem solve with me. What a great guy for lending his time to this! I am definitely on the hook when he decides to ANY mods to his 997S.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:10 AM
yes!
OK, thanks. Is that was 1999 called the EGR valve?
Thanks, also for the advice on routing the oil catch can hose, I just had it resting there for the pic. Beautiful design, by the way, gotta give you rep points for that one!
CATTMAN

Old 01-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Gotta tell ya.....I wake up @ 6:15 and hall a$$ downstairs to the computer to check the thread 2 c how u made out Tonight will be the night......Im keepin my fingers crossed 4 u!

Jim

Old 01-27-2010, 05:55 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Gotta tell ya.....I wake up @ 6:15 and hall a$$ downstairs to the computer to check the thread 2 c how u made out Tonight will be the night......Im keepin my fingers crossed 4 u!

Jim
24, LOST and American Idol ain't got nuttin on this story!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman