997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:26 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
OK, thanks. Is that was 1999 called the EGR valve?
Thanks, also for the advice on routing the oil catch can hose, I just had it resting there for the pic. Beautiful design, by the way, gotta give you rep points for that one!
CATTMAN
Not sure what he calls it.....but that is where that line goes!

That 'Oil catch-can' had a lot of thought put into it....I am glad you are impressed!
This was an expensive part to make....or at least the first couple were!
Pictures JUST do not do that Piece justice!

Stacy

Old 01-27-2010, 03:28 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Cattman. Before you start the engine, loosen the oil hose connection to the SC and then check it after the engine has been running a few seconds to be sure oil is flowing.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Well, today my friend who knows wiring connected the new water pump line to the wiper fluid relay, and I reinstalled the coil pack connectors, the bypass hose, the fuel fuse, the MAF sensor, and...cranked it!

I made a video of the first start- I'll post it later! So excited!
CATTMAN

Old 01-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
Cattman. Before you start the engine, loosen the oil hose connection to the SC and then check it after the engine has been running a few seconds to be sure oil is flowing.
GREAT suggestion- I was wondering about that, in fact!

Today I just let it idle for 20 seconds or so. I will check the line tomorrow when I get back to the shop, both before starting it, and after a few seconds.

Right now, my issue is filling the IC lines. Which way does the coolant flow, clockwise or counter (when looking down from above the car)?
CATTMAN

Old 01-27-2010, 03:45 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Well, today my friend who knows wiring connected the new water pump line to the wiper fluid relay, and I reinstalled the coil pack connectors, the bypass hose, the fuel fuse, the MAF sensor, and...cranked it!

CATTMAN
Awesome! We are excited for you! Can't wait to see the video!

Old 01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
p-cardriver is infamous around these parts

Today I just let it idle for 20 seconds or so. I will check the line tomorrow when I get back to the shop, both before starting it, and after a few seconds.

Right now, my issue is filling the IC lines. Which way does the coolant flow, clockwise or counter (when looking down from above the car)?
CATTMAN
WOW! What a project and what an amazing feat! Now, full power, baby!

Old 01-27-2010, 04:12 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future

CATTMAN

With the cap off the reservoir, the coolant will flow from the side hose and gravity flow into the bottom hose.

It will also flow the same way with the cap ON. You just won't see it.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:50 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
CATTMAN

can't wait to see & hear it!!!

Old 01-27-2010, 05:38 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Wow.....I feel like I did it myself! Great job Jim

Just kiddin John......U gotta be feelin a HUGE rush about now!

Great Job and well done

Old 01-27-2010, 05:59 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I CANNOT WAIT until John mashes the gas pedal at 3000 RPM and by the time he hits 7100 RPM he is smiling like the JOKER ........
For that matter,I cannot wait until I am smiling like the Joker again...TOO!
Oh YEAH!

Stacy

Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
With the cap off the reservoir, the coolant will flow from the side hose and gravity flow into the bottom hose.

It will also flow the same way with the cap ON. You just won't see it.
Thaknks 99.
But I am still having trouble getting the coolant flowing, must be an airlock. I "pre-filled" the front tank, then started pouring coolant into the rear reservoir. If I go under the car and squeeze the lines, it surges at the top of the reservoir- so maybe it's full? Can't imagine that, as I only got 1 gallon in, total. I want to avoid having to disconnect the lines and drain anything. Any suggestions on how to get this going so I can begin testing with Durametric?

Also, any advice on permanent gauges for AFR, intake temp, etc?
CATTMAN

Old 01-28-2010, 12:08 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Thaknks 99.
But I am still having trouble getting the coolant flowing, must be an airlock. I "pre-filled" the front tank, then started pouring coolant into the rear reservoir. If I go under the car and squeeze the lines, it surges at the top of the reservoir- so maybe it's full? Can't imagine that, as I only got 1 gallon in, total. I want to avoid having to disconnect the lines and drain anything. Any suggestions on how to get this going so I can begin testing with Durametric?

CATTMAN
you could probably take off serpentine belt and rotate water pump manually and check for coolant movement.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:11 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Thaknks 99.

CATTMAN
from workshop manual (which I sent to you) - Coolant filling quantity (depending on trim) 31 − 33 litres

Old 01-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Thaknks 99.

CATTMAN

If you are having trouble, disconnect the bottom hose on the reservior and apply air pressure to it until flow comes out of the side hose. If you even blow into the bottom hose, that will move the coolant in the system further along and then you can add more fluid and repeat. It doesn't take much to prime the pump and once primed, running the pump while adding fluid will completely fill the system.

However, running the pump while slowly pouring fluid into the reservior should be enough to get the pump primed and system flowing. As long as there is coolant in the tank at the pump, (which is almost guaranteed if you have put more than a 1/2 gallon or more of cooolant in), you do not risk burning out the pump or causing any other problem.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:48 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Thaknks 99.

CATTMAN
Would the engines thermostat come into-play here, not allowing full fill/flow until a bit warmer? I've run into that before, taking a while to fully saturate an engine with the open/close of t-stat when water is cold.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman