997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Well, I decided to keep tinkering with the coolant and IC lines, as something still didn't sit right with me, and I was also concerned about the route the hose takes up over the transmission and into the engine bay. I felt like it was too close to the gear linkage, so I disconnected that hose from the pump (with a large pan underneath to catch the coolant), and disconnected the top end from the back of the coolant reservoir in the engine bay. I'll reroute that line on a better path over the transmission.

Can someone who has this kit please confirm that this is right:
-the line from the back of the coolant reservoir in the engine bay runs over the transmission, and then down to the pump
-the line from the front passenger side runs down the side, then up into the engine bay and into the side of the intercooler.

Is that right?
CATTMAN

Old 01-29-2010, 04:42 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Well, I decided to keep tinkering with the coolant and IC lines, as something still didn't sit right with me, and I was also concerned about the route the hose takes up over the transmission and into the engine bay. I felt like it was too close to the gear linkage, so I disconnected that hose from the pump (with a large pan underneath to catch the coolant), and disconnected the top end from the back of the coolant reservoir in the engine bay. I'll reroute that line on a better path over the transmission.

-the line from the back of the coolant reservoir in the engine bay runs over the transmission, and then down to the pump
-the line from the front passenger side runs down the side, then up into the engine bay and into the side of the intercooler.

Is that right?
CATTMAN

John,
I can not confirm the lines , wish I could help, But I can confirm the time of your post

Old 01-29-2010, 04:47 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future

Is that right?
CATTMAN
I run mine over the top of the bellhousing and then down to the pump. Use a tie if necessary on one of the empty bolt holes on top of tranny.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:19 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
John. If you run-out-of time with the weather coming this way, car rentals..etc, but get the car running. Any after-thought items, rechecks...etc, just come up here this weekend if you'd like and we can get her up on the lift.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
John. If you run-out-of time with the weather coming this way, car rentals..etc, but get the car running. Any after-thought items, rechecks...etc, just come up here this weekend if you'd like and we can get her up on the lift.
Well, I'd really like to do that. Do you think I should get a tow to your garage, and put the underpanels on there? That would sure be a lot easier on a lift. I could do this Sat AM.
CATTMAN

Old 01-30-2010, 05:05 AM
Well, today is my last in the shop. So I've got to get the car running well enough to drive it the 25 miles home.

Task list:
-re run the line from the pump to the reservoir
-refill coolant
-secure all lines with brackets and zip ties
-replace underpanels
-replace front bumper and headlights

-test drive, logging data with Durametric

No matter what the results are, I have to get the car home. Either driving it, or on a flatbed. My marriage depends on it- no pressure, CATTMAN!

Add to that the shop will be about 30 degrees today. Ugh, I really have made this hard on myself. Wish me luck. I will be making vids of the maiden voyage, durametric testing, etc.
CATTMAN

Old 01-30-2010, 08:21 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Good Luck Cattman, perhaps another call to Jim will save your marriage!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Haha, bling never hurts. Perhaps I can get her something car related to put a positive spin on cars again. Maybe a Porsche pendant with diamond headlights

Anyway, in the shop now. It's a balmy 40 in here. Got the line run over the transmission bellhousing- thanks 1999!

Now to zip tie and bracket all lines in place, refill coolant lines, and start putting the underbody panels back on. Once that's done, I will break for lunch, load the Durametric software onto this laptop (hopefully works with Windows 7). Today's the day, gents!
CATTMAN

Old 01-30-2010, 08:46 AM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Good luck! Looking forward to seeing some videos, you'll have to make a full feature DVD w/'behind the scenes' once you're done!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:56 AM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Once that's done, I will break for lunch, load the Durametric software onto this laptop (hopefully works with Windows 7). Today's the day, gents!
CATTMAN
I've been running Durametric 6 on Win 7 for a while, no issues.

I did have a couple of glitches using Durametric ver 5, but they went away when i ran it using Win XP 'compatibility mode'

Last edited by w00zie; 01-30-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by w00zie
I've been running Durametric 6 on Win 7 for a while, no issues.

I did have a couple of glitches using Durametric ver 5, but they went away when i ran it using Win XP 'compatibility mode'
JP,
I will call you when I break for lunch to set up Durametric on my laptop- please keep your cell phone handy. I will also send you the datalog of the maiden voyage so you can help me read it, clear codes, etc.
CATTMAN

Old 01-30-2010, 09:22 AM
JP,
I will call you when I break for lunch to set up Durametric on my laptop- please keep your cell phone handy. I will also send you the datalog of the maiden voyage so you can help me read it, clear codes, etc.
CATTMAN
Sounds good

jp

Old 01-30-2010, 09:43 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
John,
Good luck today!!!! I hope u can rip that thing up and down the road

BTW,
forget about the headlights in diamonds......Im thinkin the whole thing

Jim

Old 01-30-2010, 11:23 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Haha, bling never hurts. Perhaps I can get her something car related to put a positive spin on cars again. Maybe a Porsche pendant with diamond headlights

Anyway, in the shop now. It's a balmy 40 in here. Got the line run over the transmission bellhousing- thanks 1999!

Now to zip tie and bracket all lines in place, refill coolant lines, and start putting the underbody panels back on. Once that's done, I will break for lunch, load the Durametric software onto this laptop (hopefully works with Windows 7). Today's the day, gents!
CATTMAN
John. If you run out-of-time for the body panels/bumpers...etc, and considering the roads are wet and exit/entrance ramps loaded with salt and gravel...... if you get the car home (flatbed), why not drive it up to my place tomorrow once it clears up to finish up those items if you would like. (Keep it as a backup plan if needed)

Old 01-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

I've been trying to get done and come give you a hand.....but the "Honeydo list" keeps mounting as I have been on the road for the last 2 weeks straight.

Sorry..........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman